The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara do you think Sofia Hellqvist will wear on her wedding day?
01. Queen Silvia's Fringe Tiara 5 3.82%
02. Amethyst Tiara 4 3.05%
03. Baden Fringe Tiara 13 9.92%
04. Cameo Tiara 7 5.34%
05. Large Steel Tiara 0 0%
06. Small Steel Tiara 6 4.58%
07. Edward VII Ruby Tiara 2 1.53%
08. Six Button Tiara 7 5.34%
09. Four Button Tiara 10 7.63%
10. Connaught Tiara 27 20.61%
11. Laurel Tiara 8 6.11%
12. Small Aquamarine Tiara 0 0%
13. Other Tiara, please specify 4 3.05%
14. New Tiara 33 25.19%
15. No Tiara 5 3.82%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2015, 04:21 AM
Serene Highness

What about the smaller Cut Steel Tiara that Victoria has worn recently?
Don't get me wrong, I'm seriously hoping for the Connaught but this may be another option.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
We also have the Tiara.

Crown Princess Victoria Tiara 49799 | MOVDATA

It is a long time since the Crown Princess or Princess Madeleine wore it and I think it would look really good in Sofias dark hair. On the other hand this tiara almost demands to have the hair down, and I'm not so fond of that for a bride.
the Diamond Riviere is a nice and simple tiara. i agree it would suit sofia, and it would be something simple and modest to wear, so definitely an option. i just wonder if it wouldn't look too 'bland' considering what victoria and madeleine wore as tiaras.

here's some more pictures of silvia and victoria wearing it, although mainly used as an accessory rather than a tiara per se:

S-SophieDiamTiara021c_zpse045fa1b.jpg Photo by Arthur18777 | Photobucket

S-RiviegraveresLongues04Washington2006_zpsd2ef8a21.jpg Photo by Arthur18777 | Photobucket

http://tiarasandtrianon.files.wordpr...pg?w=584&h=461

S-SophieDiamTiara016f_zps1e503ef5.jpg Photo by Arthur18777 | Photobucket

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
the Diamond Riviere is a nice and simple tiara. i agree it would suit sofia, and it would be something simple and modest to wear, so definitely an option. i just wonder if it wouldn't look too 'bland' considering what victoria and madeleine wore as tiaras.

here's some more pictures of silvia and victoria wearing it, although mainly used as an accessory rather than a tiara per se:

S-SophieDiamTiara021c_zpse045fa1b.jpg Photo by Arthur18777 | Photobucket

S-RiviegraveresLongues04Washington2006_zpsd2ef8a21.jpg Photo by Arthur18777 | Photobucket

http://tiarasandtrianon.files.wordpr...pg?w=584&h=461

S-SophieDiamTiara016f_zps1e503ef5.jpg Photo by Arthur18777 | Photobucket
I don't think that is would look "bland" if it is set in a really nice hairdo and combined with the veil. But I think everything depends on the hairdo!
Old 01-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't think that is would look "bland" if it is set in a really nice hairdo and combined with the veil. But I think everything depends on the hairdo!

I agree. It depends on Sofia's hairdo and maybe if the tiara was mounted differently, like pointed more forward rather than on the crown on the head like a headband it might work. Actually I think it would look very sweet and flattering if it was mounted like the Congo tiara of Luxembourg. Name:  ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1420575539.113817.jpg
Views: 1586
Size:  26.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1420575548.771230.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  55.5 KB

Per example, maybe if it was mounted like the Congo tiara of Luxembourg (see pics below).
Old 01-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
So you're saying it's all about that base?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Sofia Hellqvist: Potential wedding tiaras

Can someone plllleeeeaaassssseee photoshop some if the tiaras on Sofia to see how they look??😁💐
Old 01-07-2015, 04:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
So you're saying it's all about that base?
Hehe, got that one. :-)
There used to be a thread about photoshopping tiara's on peoples heads. I'd like to see that done with Sophia too.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

Sofia Hellqvist: Potential wedding tiaras

If the Nine prong tiara suits her head i think it would be a great option too. But i think that tiara will be used by the Queen or one of the kings sisters on that day if it is a white tie event.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:38 AM
Majesty

Wouldn't it be amazing if Victoria loaned Princess Lillian's Laurel Leaf tiara to Sofia as a gesture for her brother since they both loved Lillian so much.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Wouldn't it be amazing if Victoria loaned Princess Lillian's Laurel Leaf tiara to Sofia as a gesture for her brother since they both loved Lillian so much.
Actually, that could be a nice and convenient solution.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

I just don't know...that tiara is tricky because it's so gosh darn high. One would need a super extravagant hairstyle to make it look normal on the head.

Maybe a hairstyle like Mary's might work. Unfortunately on her big day Mary's wedding tiara got lost in her hair. She needed something with more umph, maybe that will be the laurel tiara for Sofia?
Old 01-28-2015, 08:48 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thumbnail images have been added to the poll, all heavily cropped below 20% of the original picture.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you, Marengo! Those small pictures help a lot!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Doesn't the fringe tiara (#1) now belong to Madeleine? If it does I wonder if we'll see Sofia wear it to her wedding.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:20 PM
Majesty

My first choice would be the Connaught tiara, and my second choice is a new tiara.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Serene Highness

Sofia Hellqvist: Potential Wedding Tiaras

I belive it will be one of the Cameo tiara, Connaught diamond tiara or the baden fringe tiara.

But it would be great if the King has went to an auction and bought her a small or medium sized tiara to give her as a wedding gift. Then she would have something of everything in a private collection. She probably already has a lot of private jewels, will get some jewels in the wedding gifts and Carl Philip inherited everything from Lilian that was not specifically testamented to anyone else so she probably has some necklases, earrings and brooches there too.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Okay so I was playing around with some pictures and came up with this:

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

I have to say I like all of these on Sofia. If I really had to pick a favourite, it'd be the Connaught.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post

I have to say I like all of these on Sofia. If I really had to pick a favourite, it'd be the Connaught.
Interesting exercise. I have to say I found myself not liking any of the grand, high ones on her. I think she will look better in a 'small' one (comparatively) like the Baden Fringe Tiara (which I picked out initially!)
Old 01-30-2015, 01:20 AM
Aristocracy

Humera, thank you.

Now that I can visualise Sofia wearing the tiaras, I prefer her in the Four Button, the Amethyst and the Cameo. The lower small Aquamarine would also suit perhaps.

Sofia will be a happy bride, foremost, whatever she wears.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

I'm more convinced than ever that she should wear the Connaught.
The Laurel Wreath is lovely but would need a really substantial hair arrangement to carry it off.

Tags
jewellery, sofia hellqvist, swedish princesses, tiara, wedding, wedding tiara