The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara do you think Sofia Hellqvist will wear on her wedding day?
01. Queen Silvia's Fringe Tiara 5 3.82%
02. Amethyst Tiara 4 3.05%
03. Baden Fringe Tiara 13 9.92%
04. Cameo Tiara 7 5.34%
05. Large Steel Tiara 0 0%
06. Small Steel Tiara 6 4.58%
07. Edward VII Ruby Tiara 2 1.53%
08. Six Button Tiara 7 5.34%
09. Four Button Tiara 10 7.63%
10. Connaught Tiara 27 20.61%
11. Laurel Tiara 8 6.11%
12. Small Aquamarine Tiara 0 0%
13. Other Tiara, please specify 4 3.05%
14. New Tiara 33 25.19%
15. No Tiara 5 3.82%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The King owns at least three, maybe four. Both the Cameo Parure, the Connaught Tiara and The Connaught Ruby Tiara are owned by the King. And maybe he still owns the Modern Fringe Tiara.
So none of these belong to the SRF foundation and may therefore be gifted out of the main line?

Old 01-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
So none of these belong to the SRF foundation and may therefore be gifted out of the main line?
In theory one of these tiaras could be given away. But I'm 100% sure that the King won't give away the cameo, Connaught or ruby tiara, since all of these three tiaras are steeped in family history and are amoung those who are primarily reserved for the Queen. Only for the grandest events, like weddings, they are loaned to other family members. These three tiaras will surely pass on to the next Queen.

Only the modern fringe might have gifted to Madeleine. But that one is fairly new and was only rarely worn by Queen Silvia. I wonder if it was purchased for the sole purpose to eventually give it to their daughter. But nothing is safely known about it's origin.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

I may be wrong but i think i have read somewhere that the King has quite recently included the whole Cameo Parure in the family foundation and that he is considering to do the same with the Connaught Diamond tiara. Just can't remember where i read it.

If Princess Margaretas AquaMarine Kokoshnik tiara is back in the Kings jewel box maybe that could be a wedding option for Sofia ? Margaretas daughter Sybilla used it as the bridal crown at her wedding and i think it looked great.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I may be wrong but i think i have read somewhere that the King has quite recently included the whole Cameo Parure in the family foundation and that he is considering to do the same with the Connaught Diamond tiara. Just can't remember where i read it.

If Princess Margaretas AquaMarine Kokoshnik tiara is back in the Kings jewel box maybe that could be a wedding option for Sofia ? Margaretas daughter Sybilla used it as the bridal crown at her wedding and i think it looked great.
It would be very welcome news if it's true that the King has included those jewels in the foundation. Please post about it again if and when you find the info about it again.

I agree that the aquamarine koskoshnik looked great on Sybilla Ambler. But I think that if the King has bought back the tiara, the family will be very discreet about it while Princess Margareta is still alive. I thought it interesting that Princess Christina has worn it once: now it seems to be used more often, but we still don't know if Princess Christina borowed it from her sister or from her brother. But letting Sofia wear it would be the same as an outright confirmation that Princess had to sell it because of financial trouble. They won't do that, imo.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:

There is a lot of tiaras that is rumours about. Lucky us!

It would indeed be good news if the King has included them in the foundation and secure them to stay in the main line.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

Sofia Hellqvist: Potential wedding tiaras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It would be very welcome news if it's true that the King has included those jewels in the foundation. Please post about it again if and when you find the info about it again.

I agree that the aquamarine koskoshnik looked great on Sybilla Ambler. But I think that if the King has bought back the tiara, the family will be very discreet about it while Princess Margareta is still alive. I thought it interesting that Princess Christina has worn it once: now it seems to be used more often, but we still don't know if Princess Christina borowed it from her sister or from her brother. But letting Sofia wear it would be the same as an outright confirmation that Princess had to sell it because of financial trouble. They won't do that, imo.

I will post it if i find the information and it is the case.

I think you are right though it's not a secret for anyone that Margareta and John had huge financial troubles in the 90:s. The tiara is likely kept at the Palace in Stockholm for safety reasons. Can't imagine Margareta is keeping such an import peace in her small house in UK (as Christina sadly did with her now stolen tiara) so she may very well have loaned it to Christina for that representation dinner. We'll see who wears it next. But i still think it would look great at Sofia.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I will post it if i find the information and it is the case.

I think you are right though it's not a secret for anyone that Margareta and John had huge financial troubles in the 90:s. The tiara is likely kept at the Palace in Stockholm for safety reasons. Can't imagine Margareta is keeping such an import peace in her small house in UK (as Christina sadly did with her now stolen tiara) so she may very well have loaned it to Christina for that representation dinner. We'll see who wears it next. But i still think it would look great at Sofia.
Thank you!

Princess Christina wore hers on a regular basis, so it was convenient to keep it at home in Stockholm. Princess Margaret mostly needed her tiara in Sweden and never wore it from her English home. So it surely it made most sense to leave it in the castle in Stockholm, as there was no safer place.

Imo it's a gorgeous tiara which would look good on nearly everybody. I think we might see it again on Princess Margareta at the wedding, but I hope to see it on the younger royal ladies in the future.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm still hoping that we might see a long forgotten or possibly a new tiara on the future Duchess of Värmland!
Old 01-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

It would be nice if a new tiara was made.
Some of the jewels could be those that are in the crown on the Royal Arms of Prince Carl Philip.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:14 AM
Majesty

While it would be nice to see a new tiara, I cannot help but think that if Sofia walks up the aisle wearing any tiara other than a Swedish family tiara, it will be interpreted as a sign that Sofia has not really been accepted into their family.

Wearing a new one at some future point would not pose such a problem.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
While it would be nice to see a new tiara, I cannot help but think that if Sofia walks up the aisle wearing any tiara other than a Swedish family tiara, it will be interpreted as a sign that Sofia has not really been accepted into their family.

I completely agree with you, and have espoused the very same view further up the thread.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:03 AM
Courtier

Sofia Hellqvist: Potential wedding tiaras

Quote:

Would it really be such a big deal if Sofia didn't wear a tiara or would it just be noticed by royal followers like us? If she for instance choose to have flowers in her hair, a traditional bridal crown or maybe fasten her veil with bejewelled hair clips I'm not sure people would notice or even care

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Would it really be such a big deal if Sofia didn't wear a tiara or would it just be noticed by royal followers like us? If she for instance choose to have flowers in her hair, a traditional bridal crown or maybe fasten her veil with bejewelled hair clips I'm not sure people would notice or even care
Since the Swedish hairdresser of the Royal family is rather creative in including jewels in the hairdo, there is also a chance that Sofia takes a lesson of Charlene .
Old 01-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

IMHO not wearing a tiara is not really a possibility for a royal bride in one of Europe's most high profile monarchies like Sweden's.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think that the press has a pretty close eye on what happens on the mayor internet forums and blogs. They would probably pick it up and throw it at their readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Since the Swedish hairdresser of the Royal family is rather creative in including jewels in the hairdo, there is also a chance that Sofia takes a lesson of Charlene .
Charlene looked great, imo, and such a hairstyle would suit Sofia well. But I can't see which jewels in the Swedish collection would work for that effect. It would have to be something new. Or do you have some jewels in mind?

Old 01-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think that the press has a pretty close eye on what happens on the mayor internet forums and blogs. They would probably pick it up and throw it at their readers.

Charlene looked great, imo, and such a hairstyle would suit Sofia well. But I can't see which jewels in the Swedish collection would work for that effect. It would have to be something new. Or do you have some jewels in mind?
there are several brooches that Sofia could wear in her hair. Silvia & Madeleine have both worn the Rose Brooch while Victoria has worn other brooches in her hair.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
there are several brooches that Sofia could wear in her hair. Silvia & Madeleine have both worn the Rose Brooch while Victoria has worn other brooches in her hair.
Yes, but beautiful as the rose brooch is, it would be far from the splendour and glamour of Charlene's hairstyle with those large and flexible floral ornaments.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Nobility

We also have the Diamond Riviere Tiara.

Crown Princess Victoria Tiara 49799 | MOVDATA

It is a long time since the Crown Princess or Princess Madeleine wore it and I think it would look really good in Sofias dark hair. On the other hand this tiara almost demands to have the hair down, and I'm not so fond of that for a bride.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she will get a small tiara of her own. Maybe made from a brooch etc.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes, but beautiful as the rose brooch is, it would be far from the splendour and glamour of Charlene's hairstyle with those large and flexible floral ornaments.
yes, on it's own, but add in some other diamonds and it could become a gorgeous look.

although honestly, the brooch pinned over the veil could look stunning if done right.

Tags
jewellery, sofia hellqvist, swedish princesses, tiara, wedding, wedding tiara