The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara do you think Sofia Hellqvist will wear on her wedding day?
01. Queen Silvia's Fringe Tiara 5 3.82%
02. Amethyst Tiara 4 3.05%
03. Baden Fringe Tiara 13 9.92%
04. Cameo Tiara 7 5.34%
05. Large Steel Tiara 0 0%
06. Small Steel Tiara 6 4.58%
07. Edward VII Ruby Tiara 2 1.53%
08. Six Button Tiara 7 5.34%
09. Four Button Tiara 10 7.63%
10. Connaught Tiara 27 20.61%
11. Laurel Tiara 8 6.11%
12. Small Aquamarine Tiara 0 0%
13. Other Tiara, please specify 4 3.05%
14. New Tiara 33 25.19%
15. No Tiara 5 3.82%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 01-04-2015, 06:39 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The King owns at least three, maybe four. Both the Cameo Parure, the Connaught Tiara and The Connaught Ruby Tiara are owned by the King. And maybe he still owns the Modern Fringe Tiara.
So none of these belong to the SRF foundation and may therefore be gifted out of the main line?
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
So none of these belong to the SRF foundation and may therefore be gifted out of the main line?
In theory one of these tiaras could be given away. But I'm 100% sure that the King won't give away the cameo, Connaught or ruby tiara, since all of these three tiaras are steeped in family history and are amoung those who are primarily reserved for the Queen. Only for the grandest events, like weddings, they are loaned to other family members. These three tiaras will surely pass on to the next Queen.


Only the modern fringe might have gifted to Madeleine. But that one is fairly new and was only rarely worn by Queen Silvia. I wonder if it was purchased for the sole purpose to eventually give it to their daughter. But nothing is safely known about it's origin.
__________________

__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,037
I may be wrong but i think i have read somewhere that the King has quite recently included the whole Cameo Parure in the family foundation and that he is considering to do the same with the Connaught Diamond tiara. Just can't remember where i read it.

If Princess Margaretas AquaMarine Kokoshnik tiara is back in the Kings jewel box maybe that could be a wedding option for Sofia ? Margaretas daughter Sybilla used it as the bridal crown at her wedding and i think it looked great.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I may be wrong but i think i have read somewhere that the King has quite recently included the whole Cameo Parure in the family foundation and that he is considering to do the same with the Connaught Diamond tiara. Just can't remember where i read it.

If Princess Margaretas AquaMarine Kokoshnik tiara is back in the Kings jewel box maybe that could be a wedding option for Sofia ? Margaretas daughter Sybilla used it as the bridal crown at her wedding and i think it looked great.
It would be very welcome news if it's true that the King has included those jewels in the foundation. Please post about it again if and when you find the info about it again.

I agree that the aquamarine koskoshnik looked great on Sybilla Ambler. But I think that if the King has bought back the tiara, the family will be very discreet about it while Princess Margareta is still alive. I thought it interesting that Princess Christina has worn it once: now it seems to be used more often, but we still don't know if Princess Christina borowed it from her sister or from her brother. But letting Sofia wear it would be the same as an outright confirmation that Princess had to sell it because of financial trouble. They won't do that, imo.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I may be wrong but i think i have read somewhere that the King has quite recently included the whole Cameo Parure in the family foundation and that he is considering to do the same with the Connaught Diamond tiara. Just can't remember where i read it.

If Princess Margaretas AquaMarine Kokoshnik tiara is back in the Kings jewel box maybe that could be a wedding option for Sofia ? Margaretas daughter Sybilla used it as the bridal crown at her wedding and i think it looked great.
There is a lot of tiaras that is rumours about. Lucky us!

It would indeed be good news if the King has included them in the foundation and secure them to stay in the main line.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,037
Sofia Hellqvist: Potential wedding tiaras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It would be very welcome news if it's true that the King has included those jewels in the foundation. Please post about it again if and when you find the info about it again.

I agree that the aquamarine koskoshnik looked great on Sybilla Ambler. But I think that if the King has bought back the tiara, the family will be very discreet about it while Princess Margareta is still alive. I thought it interesting that Princess Christina has worn it once: now it seems to be used more often, but we still don't know if Princess Christina borowed it from her sister or from her brother. But letting Sofia wear it would be the same as an outright confirmation that Princess had to sell it because of financial trouble. They won't do that, imo.

I will post it if i find the information and it is the case.

I think you are right though it's not a secret for anyone that Margareta and John had huge financial troubles in the 90:s. The tiara is likely kept at the Palace in Stockholm for safety reasons. Can't imagine Margareta is keeping such an import peace in her small house in UK (as Christina sadly did with her now stolen tiara) so she may very well have loaned it to Christina for that representation dinner. We'll see who wears it next. But i still think it would look great at Sofia.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I will post it if i find the information and it is the case.

I think you are right though it's not a secret for anyone that Margareta and John had huge financial troubles in the 90:s. The tiara is likely kept at the Palace in Stockholm for safety reasons. Can't imagine Margareta is keeping such an import peace in her small house in UK (as Christina sadly did with her now stolen tiara) so she may very well have loaned it to Christina for that representation dinner. We'll see who wears it next. But i still think it would look great at Sofia.
Thank you!

Princess Christina wore hers on a regular basis, so it was convenient to keep it at home in Stockholm. Princess Margaret mostly needed her tiara in Sweden and never wore it from her English home. So it surely it made most sense to leave it in the castle in Stockholm, as there was no safer place.

Imo it's a gorgeous tiara which would look good on nearly everybody. I think we might see it again on Princess Margareta at the wedding, but I hope to see it on the younger royal ladies in the future.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-04-2015, 02:46 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 18,077
I'm still hoping that we might see a long forgotten or possibly a new tiara on the future Duchess of Värmland!
__________________
5th of October,1398-Death of Blanche of Navarre, Queen of France
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-04-2015, 05:07 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 2,802
It would be nice if a new tiara was made.
Some of the jewels could be those that are in the crown on the Royal Arms of Prince Carl Philip.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-05-2015, 12:14 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,716
While it would be nice to see a new tiara, I cannot help but think that if Sofia walks up the aisle wearing any tiara other than a Swedish family tiara, it will be interpreted as a sign that Sofia has not really been accepted into their family.

Wearing a new one at some future point would not pose such a problem.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 01-05-2015, 04:45 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
While it would be nice to see a new tiara, I cannot help but think that if Sofia walks up the aisle wearing any tiara other than a Swedish family tiara, it will be interpreted as a sign that Sofia has not really been accepted into their family.

Wearing a new one at some future point would not pose such a problem.
I completely agree with you, and have espoused the very same view further up the thread.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-05-2015, 05:03 AM
JR76's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,197
Sofia Hellqvist: Potential wedding tiaras

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
While it would be nice to see a new tiara, I cannot help but think that if Sofia walks up the aisle wearing any tiara other than a Swedish family tiara, it will be interpreted as a sign that Sofia has not really been accepted into their family.



Wearing a new one at some future point would not pose such a problem.

Would it really be such a big deal if Sofia didn't wear a tiara or would it just be noticed by royal followers like us? If she for instance choose to have flowers in her hair, a traditional bridal crown or maybe fasten her veil with bejewelled hair clips I'm not sure people would notice or even care


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-05-2015, 11:08 AM
Avicenna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North of Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Would it really be such a big deal if Sofia didn't wear a tiara or would it just be noticed by royal followers like us? If she for instance choose to have flowers in her hair, a traditional bridal crown or maybe fasten her veil with bejewelled hair clips I'm not sure people would notice or even care
Since the Swedish hairdresser of the Royal family is rather creative in including jewels in the hairdo, there is also a chance that Sofia takes a lesson of Charlene .
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Would it really be such a big deal if Sofia didn't wear a tiara or would it just be noticed by royal followers like us? If she for instance choose to have flowers in her hair, a traditional bridal crown or maybe fasten her veil with bejewelled hair clips I'm not sure people would notice or even care


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

IMHO not wearing a tiara is not really a possibility for a royal bride in one of Europe's most high profile monarchies like Sweden's.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Would it really be such a big deal if Sofia didn't wear a tiara or would it just be noticed by royal followers like us? If she for instance choose to have flowers in her hair, a traditional bridal crown or maybe fasten her veil with bejewelled hair clips I'm not sure people would notice or even care
I think that the press has a pretty close eye on what happens on the mayor internet forums and blogs. They would probably pick it up and throw it at their readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Since the Swedish hairdresser of the Royal family is rather creative in including jewels in the hairdo, there is also a chance that Sofia takes a lesson of Charlene .
Charlene looked great, imo, and such a hairstyle would suit Sofia well. But I can't see which jewels in the Swedish collection would work for that effect. It would have to be something new. Or do you have some jewels in mind?
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-05-2015, 12:57 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I think that the press has a pretty close eye on what happens on the mayor internet forums and blogs. They would probably pick it up and throw it at their readers.


Charlene looked great, imo, and such a hairstyle would suit Sofia well. But I can't see which jewels in the Swedish collection would work for that effect. It would have to be something new. Or do you have some jewels in mind?
there are several brooches that Sofia could wear in her hair. Silvia & Madeleine have both worn the Rose Brooch while Victoria has worn other brooches in her hair.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
there are several brooches that Sofia could wear in her hair. Silvia & Madeleine have both worn the Rose Brooch while Victoria has worn other brooches in her hair.
Yes, but beautiful as the rose brooch is, it would be far from the splendour and glamour of Charlene's hairstyle with those large and flexible floral ornaments.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 646
We also have the Diamond Riviere Tiara.

Crown Princess Victoria Tiara 49799 | MOVDATA

It is a long time since the Crown Princess or Princess Madeleine wore it and I think it would look really good in Sofias dark hair. On the other hand this tiara almost demands to have the hair down, and I'm not so fond of that for a bride.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-05-2015, 08:16 PM
rubies's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: daytona beach, United States
Posts: 2,726
I think she will get a small tiara of her own. Maybe made from a brooch etc.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-05-2015, 08:21 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Yes, but beautiful as the rose brooch is, it would be far from the splendour and glamour of Charlene's hairstyle with those large and flexible floral ornaments.
yes, on it's own, but add in some other diamonds and it could become a gorgeous look.

although honestly, the brooch pinned over the veil could look stunning if done right.
__________________

__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewellery, sofia hellqvist, swedish princesses, tiara, wedding, wedding tiara


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Convertible Tiaras/Necklaces and Versatile Tiaras Josefine Royal Jewels General Discussion 51 03-28-2016 12:59 PM
Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012 principessa Current Events Archive 2239 04-26-2012 05:14 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf catherine chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duke of edinburgh fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy monarchy versus republic news november november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week portugal prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margaretha of luxembourg princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia spanish jewels state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria visit to canada



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises