The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara do you think Sofia Hellqvist will wear on her wedding day?
01. Queen Silvia's Fringe Tiara 5 3.82%
02. Amethyst Tiara 4 3.05%
03. Baden Fringe Tiara 13 9.92%
04. Cameo Tiara 7 5.34%
05. Large Steel Tiara 0 0%
06. Small Steel Tiara 6 4.58%
07. Edward VII Ruby Tiara 2 1.53%
08. Six Button Tiara 7 5.34%
09. Four Button Tiara 10 7.63%
10. Connaught Tiara 27 20.61%
11. Laurel Tiara 8 6.11%
12. Small Aquamarine Tiara 0 0%
13. Other Tiara, please specify 4 3.05%
14. New Tiara 33 25.19%
15. No Tiara 5 3.82%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Royal Highness

my vote go to Baden Fringe Tiara

Old 12-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Nobility

I voted for the Connaught Tiara.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:22 AM
Serene Highness

Yes the baden fringe or the connaught would be nice choices. I think the Cameo tiara should be reserved for Queen's and Crown Princess'es. I also think it would be interesring to see the amethyst tiara with a cream coloured wedding dress.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's being reported that CP bought SH a tiara for her 30th birthday recently. Sure sounds like that is what she will wear to the wedding. We should have bet $1 on the poll!
Old 12-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

Your on, now where do I send my dollar........and can I say thank goodness for small favors.....
Old 12-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Since it is only a gossip in a gossip magazine, I suppose all options are still open.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

True. She could show up with the Cameo Tiara, but I would be astonished.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Since it is only a gossip in a gossip magazine, I suppose all options are still open.
It was a false information at Svensk Damtidning's article comments about that Carl Philip would have given Sofia a tiara. Svensk Damtidning doesn't mention that. I don't know if the writer made a joke or has heard another rumour.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

And even if CP gives Sofia a tiara of her own, that doesnít necessarily mean that sheíll wear it at her wedding. So the question is as open as ever. Weíll only know the answer in the very moment the camera catches the first glimpse of the bride on 13 June. Iím still very curious, because there are several possibilities. And I expect many more fale rumours during the next six months.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I like this idea.
CP shall design something and the King and Queen shall pay (--> i.e this will be their Wedding Gift ).

The only remark is, this Tiara shall be a "generic one" (i.e. that it is wearable with all colours and all other lent jewels from the Royal vaults), so I see Diamonds only or Diamonds and pearls as the most ideal choice.
Bye Bine

This soundes like a very good idea, having CP design it just for her
Old 12-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy

I'm thinking that Sofia will be leant a tiara by Silvia.
- the Leuchienburg Sapphire Tiara
- the Six Button Tiara
Old 12-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I'm thinking that Sofia will be leant a tiara by Silvia.
- the Leuchienburg Sapphire Tiara
- the Six Button Tiara

Definitely won't be the sapphires, only the Queen wears those.

The button is a possibility but I still think Connaught

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ithink the Cameo tiara is the tradition in the family!
Old 12-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

CP will buy one for her as a wedding gift.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Ithink the Cameo tiara is the tradition in the family!
If Madeleine had worn the cameo tiara at her wedding, I would wager that Sofia would wear it as well. But since Madeleine wore the modern fringe, I don't think that Sofia will wear the cameo. It seems to me that the next bride to wear the cameo tiara will be Princess Estelle.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:48 PM
Courtier

Sofia Hellqvist: Potential wedding tiaras

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
We can move the discussion relating to tiara's Sofia may wear on her wedding day to this thread.

Personally, I would like to see Sofia in a new tiara, or the Connaught tiara

*** [edit Marengo ; added poll] ***

Which tiara will Sofia Hellqvist wear on her wedding day?

01) Queen Silvia's Modern Fringe tiara
02) Amethyst Tiara
03) Baden Fringe Tiara
04) Cameo Tiara
05) Large Steel Tiara
06) Small Steel Tiara
07) Edward VII Ruby Tiara
08) Six Button Tiara
09) Four Button Tiara
10) Connaught Tiara
11) Laurel Tiara
12) Small Aquamarine Tiara
13) Another Tiara, please specify
14) New Tiara
15) No Tiara

Please note that this thread is created to discuss tiara possibilities, NOT to discuss your opinion on the bride-to-be.

I would rule out all colored tiaras immediately. Very rarely will a royal bride wear anything other than pearls or diamonds since the dress will most likely be white or off white color and having any tiara with color will clash with that.

I highly doubt that sofia will wear the cameo tiara since it's believed to be for Queens and Crown Princesses only.

I also will rule out the Baden Fringe Tiara since that is primarily Victoria's tiara now, and yes she may have leant it out to other royal family members but we've never seen anyone but Victoria and a selected few (not even her sister) wear it. This tiara is believed to be property of PV so anyone wanting to wear it would probably need permission from her.

I'm also going to rule out the big steel tiara because again, that's usually worn by Queen Silvia or Princess Victoria.

As keeping with the Baden Fringe tiara I would also rule out Sofia wearing Madeleine's Modern Fringe tiara. That was a gift to Princess Madeleine from Queen Silvia so it's property of PM and will have to be loaned out only by PM. If she has a close relationship with Sofia (which it doesn't look like) then that could be a possibility but I would highly doubt it. Also, in Sweden weddings are tiara events so most likely PM will be wearing her fringe tiara as well Victoria wearing one of her usuals.

As for the Connaught tiara that is a possibility but it's very high and doesn't work well with many hairstyles. I guess it all depends on the hairstyle and veil.

I would also say the same for the laurel wreath tiara as for the Connaught. I believe that also went to PV when Princess Lilian died so Sofia would need permission from her in order to wear it.

I think either of the button tiaras are possibilities although it would only work with the right hairstyle and veil.

The small steel tiara is a possibility too but there's not much glitter going on there so it would be kind of a waste IMO. Although, there are rumors that Sofia isn't too popular with the Queen or her future sisters-in-law so if they really wanted to make a statement about their relationship then I'd say they'd let her wear that one.

A new tiara is a very good possibility for Sofia. Although Sweden's royal household has many tiaras at their dispense, the Queen and King could very well gift Sofia with a tiara of her own since many of the tiaras in use belong to other royal ladies right now. If this happens I don't see it being anything too extravagant. I could almost see something small but with character like Princess Claire of Belgium's wedding tiara (pic below).

Or another reasonable idea is no tiara at all. Sofia may decide that she wants to be a natural bride and just use flowers or something else.

I guess we will not know until June 13th but my bet would be on one of the button tiaras or a new tiara from her future in-laws. That seems to be a trend now (CP Mary, CP Mette-Marit etc.)

Name:  ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1420069724.136099.jpg
Views: 1484
Size:  85.2 KB
Old 01-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with you about the coloured stones. Most bride how wear coloured stones at their wedding do so because there is no white tiara in the family.

Since the cameo tiara was worn by two of the Kingís sisters at their wedding, I wouldnít say that itís for Queenís and CPís only. Maybe Madeleine was allowed to wear it at her wedding but chose otherwise? Itís simply not known, although I do hope that it wonít be chosen as Sofiaís wedding tiara.

The Baden fringe tiara is owned the Bernadotte Foundation and therefore is not Victoriaís personal property. The fact that one of her aunts wore it to the wedding of Madeleine might mean that it is available to other ladies of the family. Imo it is unlikely that Sofia will wear a wedding tiara that has become a kind of signature piece of the Crown Princess, but I wouldnít completely rule it out.
The ownership of the modern fringe tiara is not publicly known. There are good reasons to assume that it is really owned by Princess Madeleine, but there never was a public confirmation. I would therefore prefer not to state it as a fact.

On the other hand we definitely know that Princess Lilian left the laurel tiara to Victoria, as the will was made public. So Iíd agree to rule that tiara out.

Of the cut steel tiaras I doubt that theyíd be chosen for a wedding, as they just donít have a Ďbridalí look. Yes, there is a rumour about the King and Queen not liking Sofia, mainly it getís repeated over and over again on the net. But so far the King and Queen have done anything to publicly show their support for CPís bride. Therefore it would be really inconsistent if they now chose the small cut steel tiara as Sofiaís bridal tiara.

I canít imagine that sheíll marry without tiara. That would just found rumours which the SRF doesnít want around. Itís the same like with the small cut steel: the King and Queen obviously want to discourage people from thinking that they are against Sofia. They will use a tiara as a sign of their support for the couple.

Please, no buttons! I have no rational argument against them, they are a possibility. But I just donít like these two tiaras.

The Connaught still is a strong contender in my view. Imo it looked lovely on Princess Christina at her wedding day.

Iím not sure about a new tiara. Since it is likely that Madeleine has her very own tiara, it might be possible that Sofia will get on as well. It would be nice to have a new addition, since mainly itís the button tiaras which are up for share on regular galas. Letís not forget that the six-button tiara is no mainly worn by Princess Christina, which would leave the four-buttons to Sofia.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Courtier

Sofia Hellqvist: Potential wedding tiaras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
[FONT=Verdana]
Iím not sure about a new tiara. Since it is likely that Madeleine has her very own tiara, it might be possible that Sofia will get on as well. It would be nice to have a new addition, since mainly itís the button tiaras which are up for share on regular galas. Letís not forget that the six-button tiara is no mainly worn by Princess Christina, which would leave the four-buttons to Sofia.

I'm still hoping for a new tiara or hair comb if some sort although, there have been issues with "gifting" tiaras in the past to other royal ladies. Queen Margarethe found out first hand that gifting tiaras is not a good idea in case of a divorce, which is what happened with Countess Alexandra and Prince Joachim. As did Queen Elizabeth II with Fergie and Prince Andrew's divorce.

On the other hand, it has worked out so far in the case of CP Mary and CP Mette-Marit who have each been gifted with a small but beautiful tiara; but these ladies are crown princesses so the probability that they will divorce is very slim. There's a much bigger chance of divorce with lower rung royals.

I really have no idea what she'll wear but I'm thinking the Connaught is a good bet.

What would be fun is if someone could photo shop all those tiaras on Sofia to see how they would look 😊
Old 01-02-2015, 03:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
I'm still hoping for a new tiara or hair comb if some sort although, there have been issues with "gifting" tiaras in the past to other royal ladies. Queen Margarethe found out first hand that gifting tiaras is not a good idea in case of a divorce, which is what happened with Countess Alexandra and Prince Joachim. As did Queen Elizabeth II with Fergie and Prince Andrew's divorce.

On the other hand, it has worked out so far in the case of CP Mary and CP Mette-Marit who have each been gifted with a small but beautiful tiara; but these ladies are crown princesses so the probability that they will divorce is very slim. There's a much bigger chance of divorce with lower rung royals.

I really have no idea what she'll wear but I'm thinking the Connaught is a good bet.

What would be fun is if someone could photo shop all those tiaras on Sofia to see how they would look ��
I agree, the Connaught is a real possibility, though I would not rule out the Cameo tiara.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

I also think that the Cameo tiara might be a possibility. I think it was Madeleine's choice (for wahtever reasons) to not wear it on her Wedding Day. And that it is only worn by the Queen can only be said since 1976. Before that it did not belong to Queens for a long time. The last Queen beofre Queen Silvia who wore it was Queen Josephine and then it belonged to junior members of the Royal Family before it was gifted to Princess Sibylla in 1932.

Tags
jewellery, sofia hellqvist, swedish princesses, tiara, wedding, wedding tiara