The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara do you think Sofia Hellqvist will wear on her wedding day?
01. Queen Silvia's Fringe Tiara 5 3.82%
02. Amethyst Tiara 4 3.05%
03. Baden Fringe Tiara 13 9.92%
04. Cameo Tiara 7 5.34%
05. Large Steel Tiara 0 0%
06. Small Steel Tiara 6 4.58%
07. Edward VII Ruby Tiara 2 1.53%
08. Six Button Tiara 7 5.34%
09. Four Button Tiara 10 7.63%
10. Connaught Tiara 27 20.61%
11. Laurel Tiara 8 6.11%
12. Small Aquamarine Tiara 0 0%
13. Other Tiara, please specify 4 3.05%
14. New Tiara 33 25.19%
15. No Tiara 5 3.82%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
And iirc the two tiaras of Charlene were awfully expensive. That might be ok for rich and glamorous Monaco. But wouldn't it cause controversy in Sweden, where the monarchy already is under fire?
I admit i didn't consider the cost (hey, this is for musings, right )
Well, from the tiaras i know from the swedish collection (which is basically what this site has The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Jewel Central) and given that a couple of these are not in the family foundation and some other's are pretty much dedicated for the queen or the crown-princess, i think we'll pretty much end up with either the cameo or one of the button tiaras for Sofia (or indeed the Amethyst in the P.Madeleine style).
Could have made this thread a multiple-choice question

Old 08-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
What was theprize tag, how do you know and were these not actually given on loan?

The Prince of Monaco counts as a very wealthy gentleman. As I see that his Dutch "colleague" buys a little speedboat for 800.000 Euro (appr. USD 1,060,000.--), to be used or some weeks in the year at his Greek holiday estate, then -in comparison- jewels are very cheap, I must say.

This magnificent demi-parure was sold for USD 923,366 and was cheaper than the little speedboat mentioned .. Picture: Christie's Large Image

All I could find at the moment is a quote about the Ecume de Jours tiara from an article which is no longer online:
Quote:
Baumer declined to give the price of the tiara, but hinted at a consequent sum.

Both tiaras were gifts from the groom. He asked many jewelers to present their ideas about a tiara for the new Princess. Then Albert and Charlene together chose their two preferred models. Albert paid and the Monegasque people didn't give a damn, because most of them are rich themselves and they're not paying taxes anyway.

The Dutch monarchy is enormously popular and the country is still in a comparably good economical state. The Dutch population doesn't seem to notice the jewellery purchases, but even in the Netherlands there has been severe criticism about real estate purchases of the WA and Maxima.

The Swedish monarchy seems to be in much heavier waters than the Dutch. The scandal about the King's sex affairs, the criticism of the cost of Madde's wedding, Madeleine preferring the US over Sweden, the cost of her apartment in Stockholm.... They are lucky that Victoria & Daniel are so popular.

I'm sure the issues about the costs for CP's wedding will arise once the planning starts. Why add fuel to that discussion by buying/commissioning a new wedding tiara, when there are a good number of tiaras to share amoung the Swedish Royal ladies?

Don't get me wrong: I would love to see a good (!) new tiara, always! I can't get enought of them. I just don't think that is is likely.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Courtier

They could always borrow Queen Daisy's gold flower tiara
Old 08-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
They could always borrow Queen Daisy's gold flower tiara
http://joachimetmarie.j.o.pic.center...piesTiara2.jpg

You mean this golden poppy tiara? Can't imagine the wedding-dress that would look good with that
If she could borrow a tiara from another RF (which i don't think, but this is a musing-thread anyway) than she should ask for a tour in the british tiara-vault
Maybe she could borrow the Burmese ruby tiara:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lB3pmGkzLv...400/_Tiara.jpg
Old 08-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Another option might be to loan a tiara from a jewelry company (like danish CP.Mary did with her midnight tiara The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Midnight Tiara)
This would give the option of a new design, without the cost-issue
Old 08-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

That Burmese Ruby tiara is magnificent!

LaRae
Old 12-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Wedding Tiara for Sofia Hellqvist

A poll has been added to this thread.

Several OT posts have been removed.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

07 and 08 are the same picture.

I'm going for either the Connaught or something new.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Thanks for pointing that out Empress Merel. I have replaced the photo with the correct one.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

No tiara /new one (designed by CP)
Old 12-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
So many beautiful tiaras, but this one - the Baden Fringe Tiara - jumped out at me as 'pure Sofia'.

With her hair and coloring she would be able to wear any of the tiaras successfully imo. The tiara with the amethysts would be fabulous on her dark hair, but I vote for the Baden Fringe Tiara.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:07 AM

My wish is for Sofia to be given a new tiara from the King and Queen as a wedding gift. This is simply because she is not a Bernadotte by birth. However, I do think it would be quite lovely if she followed tradition and wore the Cameo parure and the bridal veil of Queen Sofia.

I do not believe she will wear the Baden Fringe as this tiara was meant by Queen Victoria to be worn mainly by a Crown Princess. I think the Modern Fringe is a stretch because that is mainly Madeleine's tiara and I assume Madeleine will be wearing it herself at the wedding. Nor do I believe any of Queen Silvia's big gun tiaras (Braganza, sapphire, nine prong) are up for consideration as those are reserved for Silvia's use only. I don't believe Sofia will wear the amethysts as a wedding tiara as they are too funky for a wedding. As for the Connaught, since Silvia still wears this tiara on occasion, I doubt she will allow Sofia to wear it. It is my personal opinion that should Sofia be allowed a Bernadotte tiara on her wedding day, it will be the Cameo or one of the button tiaras. The Swedish women seem to have an "introductory phase" to tiaras and it always seems to be one of the buttons that everyone wears first.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Aristocracy

Personally I love the fringes but I think she will end up with one of the buttons.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

It would be by far the best if Sofia would have a new tiara which she would get as a wedding gift, given by Carl Philip or the king and queen. Queen Silvia's "big guns", the Cameo tiara, the Connaught Tiara, the Baden Fringe tiara, the Modern Fringe tiara, the Laurel Wreath Tiara, never.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antevorta View Post
My wish is for Sofia to be given a new tiara from the King and Queen as a wedding gift. This is simply because she is not a Bernadotte by birth.
With all due respect, but for the SRF that will not be a consideration since Queen Silvia isn't a Bernadotte by birth either (and like Sofia a "commoner" before she married)
Old 12-05-2014, 05:45 AM
Administrator

I suppose the tiara would not be 'given' but will be a loan for the wedding day. I think it is unlikely that the RF will give SH a tiara, while f.e. princess Madeleine did not receive a personal tiara thus far and even the crown princess received a rather small & cheap one for her 18th birthday. The most likely option is that SH will have access to a few smaller pieces of the collection.

Although I dislike the two button tiaras, they may 'work' with a veil behind them. A bit like the Dutch star tiara that is not a success on its own but that looked good enough when Máxima wore it on her wedding day.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
With all due respect, but for the SRF that will not be a consideration since Queen Silvia isn't a Bernadotte by birth either (and like Sofia a "commoner" before she married)

Yes that is true and yet their backgrounds are most surely different, I hope that PC will design a pretty diamond tiara for her, something that would represent the Bernadotte line of the family and this way it would stay in that part of the family. And Queen Sofia is someone who SH could aspire to look up to now that she is going to be a member of the royal family.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Yes that is true and yet their backgrounds are most surely different, I hope that PC will design a pretty diamond tiara for her, something that would represent the Bernadotte line of the family and this way it would stay in that part of the family. And Queen Sofia is someone who SH could aspire to look up to now that she is going to be a member of the royal family.
I never mind a new tiara. But we should leave her background out ot this tiara thead.

One tiara I really can't imagine for the wedding is the amethyst circlet. Imo those large dark stones would spoil the bridal look.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

I would like to see her in something new, something for the shape of her face which is oval I believe and in diamonds that will sparkle in her dark hair. Not over the top that yells look at me, something of delicate taste and will stay in the Bernadotte family for future use and to be inherited down to children.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Right, that's why I said it would be nice if she followed tradition and wore the Cameo.

Tags
jewellery, sofia hellqvist, swedish princesses, tiara, wedding, wedding tiara