Sofia Hellqvist: Potential Wedding Tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tiara do you think Sofia Hellqvist will wear on her wedding day?

• 01. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/4dea239e-b7a3-4e9b-9f56-39e666347afa_zpsab

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 02. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/e1db63d1-af37-4916-a71a-a6691ef437da_zpsc6

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 03. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/d0159c5d-b149-4455-a14d-c2236620cdbd_zps84

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • 04. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/1839724c-be19-4476-b918-ae5bc9b2c03a_zps21

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • 05. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/71ed8e3e-01a2-4593-adc2-bb4ed986e2d3_zpse3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 06. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/fa6545ff-2206-431c-8fa7-c349e18814de_zps9c

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • 07. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/2d8e6509-85e1-4f6b-8aca-88dcc7e5d1eb_zpsa6

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 08. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/f86bd0ba-f951-4011-9e95-eddcf3ffaf4d_zps99

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • 09. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/b8b18a65-087d-494d-bde1-18b8807c6a18_zps4b

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • 10. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/27f38b5e-80ed-4b8d-bb6a-ee381c621bc9_zpsf8

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • 11. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/1e1d8d3d-f990-413a-a11c-d99e79ccf711_zpsb5

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • 12. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/9041370f-7675-4592-aa44-2d5410548bb4_zps51

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13. Other Tiara, please specify

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 14. New Tiara

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • 15. No Tiara

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

muriel

Imperial Majesty
City
London / Guildford
Country
United Kingdom
We can move the discussion relating to tiara's Sofia may wear on her wedding day to this thread.

Personally, I would like to see Sofia in a new tiara, or the Connaught tiara

*** [edit Marengo ; added poll] ***

Which tiara will Sofia Hellqvist wear on her wedding day?

01) Queen Silvia's Modern Fringe tiara
02) Amethyst Tiara
03) Baden Fringe Tiara
04) Cameo Tiara
05) Large Steel Tiara
06) Small Steel Tiara
07) Edward VII Ruby Tiara
08) Six Button Tiara
09) Four Button Tiara
10) Connaught Tiara
11) Laurel Tiara
12) Small Aquamarine Tiara
13) Another Tiara, please specify
14) New Tiara
15) No Tiara

Please note that this thread is created to discuss tiara possibilities, NOT to discuss your opinion on the bride-to-be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the bride will wear the stråldiademet, the diamond sunbursts diadem which was given to Princess Viktoria von Baden in 1881.

My way of thinking: Prince Carl Philip is, as former Crown Prince of Sweden and as the next male in the Berndotte genealogical tree, a prominent royal. The Brazilean Diadem is only for Queens, the diadem from the Leuchtenberg Parure is nice but blue sapphires are maybe a bit off-key with a wedding dress, the diadem from the De Beauharnais Parure was already worn by the Crown Princess on her wedding day.

The diamond rosettes diadem, the diamond buttons diadem, the two steel diadems, the diadem from the amethyst parure, the converted ruby necklace, Queen Sofia's diadem (Nine Prong Diadem) and the diamond laurel wreath diadem are all possibilities but seen the position of the former Crown Prince and only male, I think that a diadem will be chosen which fits with the position of the bride but is not too big or too small, preferrably a diamonds only too, as this is fitting with the wedding dress. That makes me guessing: the stråldiademet. I have to admit it is just a guess and we will only know on the wedding day what the bride wears... During the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria, this diadem was worn by her aunt Princess Margaretha.

:flowers:

Pic from Svensk Damtidnig : http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/nobelfrisyrer/victoria-2008.jpg

Last edited:
I think the bride will wear the stråldiademet, the diamond sunbursts diadem which was given to Princess Viktoria von Baden in 1881.

My way of thinking: Prince Carl Philip is, as former Crown Prince of Sweden and as the next male in the Berndotte genealogical tree, a prominent royal. The Brazilean Diadem is only for Queens, the diadem from the Leuchtenberg Parure is nice but blue sapphires are maybe a bit off-key with a wedding dress, the diadem from the De Beauharnais Parure was already worn by the Crown Princess on her wedding day.

The diamond rosettes diadem, the diamond buttons diadem, the two steel diadems, the diadem from the amethyst parure, the converted ruby necklace, Queen Sofia's diadem (Nine Prong Diadem) and the diamond laurel wreath diadem are all possibilities but seen the position of the former Crown Prince and only male, I think that a diadem will be chosen which fits with the position of the bride but is not too big or too small, preferrably a diamonds only too, as this is fitting with the wedding dress. That makes me guessing: the stråldiademet. I have to admit it is just a guess and we will only know on the wedding day what the bride wears... During the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria, this diadem was worn by her aunt Princess Margaretha.

Pic from Svensk Damtidnig : http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/nobelfrisyrer/victoria-2008.jpg

I do hope Sofia does not wear the Baden fringe tiara you refer to. To me, that is very much Victoria's signature tiara, quite like the modern fringe is closely associated with Maddy. I hope Sophia uses the Connaught or perhaps, the 6 button tiara

I like the Connaught from what I have seen, and I guess that the poster above me meant the Cameo Tiara. Victoria wore it and Sofia never will.

Yes, I meant the Cameo Tiara. Also, I said that I hope Sofia doesn't wear it and not that I think she will wear it/I hope she does wear it. I haven't seen photos of Madeleine or any of the Haga Princesses wearing it, so from that I think it is just being used by Silvia and Victoria at the moment, but I'm not an expert on Swedish royal jewels, so I could be incorrect.

After having Googled the Connaught tiara, I actually think it's quite nice - it would suit Sofia's darker hair IMO.

Do you mean this one?

Artemisia's Royal Jewels: Requests Sunday: Josephine of Leuchtenberg's Amethyst Parure

I agree. It could look amazing in her dark hair. But then she really needs a simple dress without lace and other tralala.

Having noticed your post, I now think that Josephine of Leuchtenberg's Amethyst Parure is my favourite tiara within the SRF's collection. It's beautiful, and I love the amethysts in particular. I've always thought of it as quite a magical stone. It would suit Sofia's hair colour as well, although I'm inclined to agree - Sofia would have to wear a simple dress and veil to pull it off.

Yes, I meant the Cameo Tiara. Also, I said that I hope Sofia doesn't wear it and not that I think she will wear it/I hope she does wear it. I haven't seen photos of Madeleine or any of the Haga Princesses wearing it, so from that I think it is just being used by Silvia and Victoria at the moment, but I'm not an expert on Swedish royal jewels, so I could be incorrect.

After having Googled the Connaught tiara, I actually think it's quite nice - it would suit Sofia's darker hair IMO.

Having noticed your post, I now think that Josephine of Leuchtenberg's Amethyst Parure is my favourite tiara within the SRF's collection. It's beautiful, and I love the amethysts in particular. I've always thought of it as quite a magical stone. It would suit Sofia's hair colour as well, although I'm inclined to agree - Sofia would have to wear a simple dress and veil to pull it off.

I didn't mean to put you in your place or anything when I said that, it was purely meant as an "as is".
At least we agree on not liking the Cameo and we don't have to worry about Sofia wearing that one :).

I understand where it comes from, that the sunburst diamond diadem is seen as "Victoria's diadem" but it is not. Other members of the royal family, also ones we rarely see, have worn this diadem.

Here you see Princess Margaretha with the sunburst diamond diadem and her sister Princess Birgitta with the Connaught diadem: http://svenskdam.se/files/2013/09/Margaretha-1.jpg

All diadems, except the Brazilean Diadem, have been worn by various ladies. We have seen Princess Birgitta with the diamond rosettes, Princess Désirée with the amethysts, Princess Christina with the steel cut diadem, etc. The only one diadem really assignated to a certain person seemed the diamond laurel wreath diadem which was exclusively worn by the late Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland.

Last edited:
I understand where it comes from, that the sunburst diamond diadem is seen as "Victoria's diadem" but it is not. Other members of the royal family, also ones we rarely see, have worn this diadem.

Here you see Princess Margaretha with the sunburst diamond diadem and her sister Princess Birgitta with the Connaught diadem: http://svenskdam.se/files/2013/09/Margaretha-1.jpg

All diadems, except the Brazilean Diadem, have been worn by various ladies. We have seen Princess Birgitta with the diamond rosettes, Princess Désirée with the amethysts, Princess Christina with the steel cut diadem, etc. The only one diadem really assignated to a certain person seemed the diamond laurel wreath diadem which was exclusively worn by the late Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland.

I'm sure the reason for Lilian being the only wearer of the laurel wreath tiara is that opposed to all the other mentioned above it was her husbands private property and not a part of the family's jewel foundation.
Also all the King's sisters have at least one tiara each of their own except Christina who lost hers in a robbery a few years ago.
There's also rumours that the one Margaretha inherited from their mother has been bought by the King.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The key was in the word "signature" and in this case the Baden Fringe has definitely been Victoria's 'go to' tiara just as the Modern Fringe has been Madeleine's.

No one is questioning the fact that both these tiara's are part of the foundation.

The Laurel wreath diadem was Princess Lilian's personal property and she left it to Victoria. It is not part of the foundation so the only way it would end up on Sofia's head is if she loaned it to her.

Yes, very simple. Like Victoria or Mette-Marit.

I know it's very unlikely as a wedding tiara, but I think it could be very dramatic and beautiful if styled well.

About the tiaras, I don't think that she will wear the Baden Fringe tiara or the Modern Fringe. I hope that she will not wear the Connaught tiara, since Victoria has never worn it. To me it looks likely that she will wear a tiara which Victoria has also worn: the cut steel, the amethyst tiara, the six button tiara or the four button tiara.

I think the Connaught Tiara would look lovely on Sofia. It has always looked gorgeous on Silvia with her beautiful dark hair. But I'm quite ambivalent – as long as she doesn't wear the Cameo, I have always loathed it. IMO, the Modern Fringe looks better on a lighter shade of hair – it looks stunning on Madeleine. Josephine of Leuchtenberg's Amethyst Tiara I'm sure would look fantastic on her as well.

With my point that the diamond sunburst diadem is worn by other ladies as well, I only wanted to make clear that on itself there is no any hindrance for Ms Hellqvist to wear that as a bridal diadem. Even given the fact that it has been worn pretty often by her future sister-in-law.

And for the titles: until arranged differently by the King and the Government, Ms Hellqvist can, by virtue of her marriage to HRH Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Duke of Värmland, automatically be addressed as HRH Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland.

The example is Ms Craig who automatically became HRH Princess Lilian of Sweden, Duchess of Halland after her marriage to Prince Bertil. As long as the King and the Government do not specify another arrangement, the titles with which Ms Hellqvist can be addressed are pretty obvious.

:previous: I am really looking forward to seeing what she wears. The Connaught is so very ethereal and Princessy and Sofia is a sort of elfin like creature. With the right dress and updo she could look like the quintessential fairytale bride.

The fact that Sofia is a brunette is a big plus as IMO the Connaught is displayed to best advantage against dark hair as opposed to fair or blond hair

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-1s87U94i0ZY/T...A/ConnaughtDiamondTiara_thumb2.jpg?imgmax=800

Versus

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/a3/71/f4/a371f4905daecb6dec9db11c2d5331d3.jpg

So I hope that we see Princess Sofia looking absolutely beautiful on her special day.

Last edited:
For the tiara, I think that her husband to be should design something for her, this way it would be her's alone. I am sure he has lots of money to do so and something with rubies and diamonds and pearls would be nice. With her dark hair it would show up quite well....not the cameo tiara, she isn't a royal born bride and I think that should be just for girls that are royal born brides, like Estelle someday.

For the tiara, I think that her husband to be should design something for her, this way it would be her's alone. I am sure he has lots of money to do so and something with rubies and diamonds and pearls would be nice. With her dark hair it would show up quite well....not the cameo tiara, she isn't a royal born bride and I think that should be just for girls that are royal born brides, like Estelle someday.

See, there we go.

I do enjoy a good ruby tiara.

I like this idea.
CP shall design something and the King and Queen shall pay (--> i.e this will be their Wedding Gift :)).

The only remark is, this Tiara shall be a "generic one" (i.e. that it is wearable with all colours and all other lent jewels from the Royal vaults), so I see Diamonds only or Diamonds and pearls as the most ideal choice.
Bye Bine

The engagement ring was a quite nice piece of work. But a tiara is a different thing to design. Imo there are only very few good, contemporary tiaras around. Even experienced jewellery disigners seem to have difficulties to "get it right".

And iirc the two tiaras of Charlene were awfully expensive. That might be ok for rich and glamorous Monaco. But wouldn't it cause controversy in Sweden, where the monarchy already is under fire?

I think the Connaught would look lovely and would be a nice rememberance of the Princess who brought it to Sweden.

And iirc the two tiaras of Charlene were awfully expensive. That might be ok for rich and glamorous Monaco. But wouldn't it cause controversy in Sweden, where the monarchy already is under fire?

This is a very good point. Also, Sweden has one of the best tiara collections around. Why commission a new one because Sofia isn't "royal born"? (That phrases sounds so medieval.)

[....]

What was theprize tag, how do you know and were these not actually given on loan?

The Prince of Monaco counts as a very wealthy gentleman. As I see that his Dutch "colleague" buys a little speedboat for 800.000 Euro (appr. USD 1,060,000.--), to be used or some weeks in the year at his Greek holiday estate, then -in comparison- jewels are very cheap, I must say.

This magnificent demi-parure was sold for USD 923,366 and was cheaper than the little speedboat mentioned .. Picture: Christie's Large Image

I admit i didn't consider the cost ;) (hey, this is for musings, right :))
Well, from the tiaras i know from the swedish collection (which is basically what this site has The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Jewel Central) and given that a couple of these are not in the family foundation and some other's are pretty much dedicated for the queen or the crown-princess, i think we'll pretty much end up with either the cameo or one of the button tiaras for Sofia (or indeed the Amethyst in the P.Madeleine style).
Could have made this thread a multiple-choice question :)

What was theprize tag, how do you know and were these not actually given on loan?

The Prince of Monaco counts as a very wealthy gentleman. As I see that his Dutch "colleague" buys a little speedboat for 800.000 Euro (appr. USD 1,060,000.--), to be used or some weeks in the year at his Greek holiday estate, then -in comparison- jewels are very cheap, I must say.

This magnificent demi-parure was sold for USD 923,366 and was cheaper than the little speedboat mentioned .. Picture: Christie's Large Image

All I could find at the moment is a quote about the Ecume de Jours tiara from an article which is no longer online:
Baumer declined to give the price of the tiara, but hinted at a consequent sum.

Both tiaras were gifts from the groom. He asked many jewelers to present their ideas about a tiara for the new Princess. Then Albert and Charlene together chose their two preferred models. Albert paid and the Monegasque people didn't give a damn, because most of them are rich themselves and they're not paying taxes anyway.

The Dutch monarchy is enormously popular and the country is still in a comparably good economical state. The Dutch population doesn't seem to notice the jewellery purchases, but even in the Netherlands there has been severe criticism about real estate purchases of the WA and Maxima.

The Swedish monarchy seems to be in much heavier waters than the Dutch. The scandal about the King's sex affairs, the criticism of the cost of Madde's wedding, Madeleine preferring the US over Sweden, the cost of her apartment in Stockholm.... They are lucky that Victoria & Daniel are so popular.

I'm sure the issues about the costs for CP's wedding will arise once the planning starts. Why add fuel to that discussion by buying/commissioning a new wedding tiara, when there are a good number of tiaras to share amoung the Swedish Royal ladies?

Don't get me wrong: I would love to see a good (!) new tiara:D, always! I can't get enought of them. I just don't think that is is likely.

They could always borrow Queen Daisy's gold flower tiara

They could always borrow Queen Daisy's gold flower tiara

http://joachimetmarie.j.o.pic.centerblog.net/MargretheGoldenPoppiesTiara2.jpg

You mean this golden poppy tiara? Can't imagine the wedding-dress that would look good with that :lol:
If she could borrow a tiara from another RF (which i don't think, but this is a musing-thread anyway) than she should ask for a tour in the british tiara-vault :lol:
Maybe she could borrow the Burmese ruby tiara:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lB3pmGkzLv0/T8VylUfmH-I/AAAAAAAAHuU/7pdyica1FXk/s400/_Tiara.jpg

That Burmese Ruby tiara is magnificent!

LaRae

Wedding Tiara for Sofia Hellqvist

A poll has been added to this thread.

Several OT posts have been removed.

Last edited:
07 and 08 are the same picture.

I'm going for either the Connaught or something new.

Thanks for pointing that out Empress Merel. I have replaced the photo with the correct one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom