The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2016, 01:06 AM
Aristocracy

Rundell Tiara Replica?

Hello, I was looking to have a replica of the rundell tiara made for me, But the lady whom would make the tiara is afraid of copyright issues. I was wondering if anyone higher knowledge of such things will be able to tell me if it's alright to have a replica of the rundell tiara made? I hope I don't sound stupid.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:15 AM
Nobility

i don't think there is copyright issue in making a replica of the rundell tiara a lot of royal jewels had been replicated before and there was never a problem and absolutely not on a piece that was made in 1863
so go ahead with it and i would love to see a photo of it when it's finished

Old 07-12-2016, 03:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Copyright laws on jewelry is a relatively new concept in many countries (1970's). In the UK, it used to be 25 years from the life of the artist. There was a movement to make it the same as literary, which is 70. Not knowing which designer at Gerard's made it makes it questionable to when the time starts (if it was protected at all). But it was made in 1863, 153 years ago, so pretty safe to say it is safe to make a replica.

That is why you can buy replicas of many famous tiaras, like the queen's wedding one I found a replica for 120.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:59 AM
Aristocracy

As long as it's been made for you, for your own private use and not going be sold or etc. You should be fine, but I would look into tiara's history and see if they are any copyright laws just to be on the safe side.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:01 AM
Aristocracy

:(

She just emailed saying a definite no after explaining all that. I guess my search continues. If anyone knows who does commission pieces an tiaras let me know
Old 07-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

There's hope

I found another lady on etsy who makes high end bridal tiaras she does do beautiful replicas. Hopefully she'll be able to help. She's willing to at least give me a pricing range once she's done searching for the components https://www.etsy.com/listing/4627633...?ref=related-3
Old 07-12-2016, 03:40 PM
Nobility

i'm really impressed some of this pieces are much better than some of the biggest jewellery houses modern tiaras
https://img0.etsystatic.com/104/2/68...18166_9lso.jpg
https://img1.etsystatic.com/068/1/68...07599_md5f.jpg
https://img0.etsystatic.com/128/1/68...27014_7ezy.jpg
Old 07-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Nobility

actually i think Ansorena should have hired her to make the replica of the fleur de lys tiara for letizia she would have done much better job instead of the childish designed tiara that looks fake
The letizia Ansorena Fleur de Lys Tiara
Old 07-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Aristocracy

Yes well hopefully she can help me she said it will cost probably between $700-800+ if she can find the right parts. Finding the right parts also seem to be a bit of a problem
if not I have another little store kind of last one on my rather list thy said they definitely can help for $750 for sterling silver and Sterling Silver with cubic Zircon
I'm bit worried of the brilliance of the product though. as their stones don't seem that glittery for lack of better term.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1681120...?ref=related-7
Old 07-13-2016, 05:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
Yes well hopefully she can help me she said it will cost probably between $700-800+ if she can find the right parts. Finding the right parts also seem to be a bit of a problem
if not I have another little store kind of last one on my rather list thy said they definitely can help for $750 for sterling silver and Sterling Silver with cubic Zircon
I'm bit worried of the brilliance of the product though. as their stones don't seem that glittery for lack of better term.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1681120...?ref=related-7
I would be dubious about using this seller despite the feedback as some of their pictures are pictures of the actual Royal tiaras and not of their replicas so there is no real way of knowing how realistic theirs compare against the original.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

^ Yeah, I felt something was off about that shop >.< I guess I should learn to listen to my instincts more.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:12 AM
Aristocracy

I have chosen an etsy designer

I have chosen at etsy designer Daniela Baker Jewelry. https://www.etsy.com/shop/DBakerJewe...ofile_shopname
She has made replicas before and it seems like a good price around $400+
Here is one of tiara replicas:
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...35&oe=582ECED6

She promised she'd try to make it as glamorous as possible for someone on a budget. She will use brass 14k gold plated or silver plated supplies with cubic zirconia crystals. just a bit nervous,because i know something like this will be a bit difficult to duplicate and it wont be an exact copy, but as close as possible Daniela is so patient with my constant emails though. :)
Old 08-22-2016, 02:56 AM
Aristocracy

my replica

I give you my rundell replica version, came out more of a crown, beautiful work though. I wouldn't exactly call it a replica. She did a wonderful job in the fluer de liz design though. I wish i lived in the era where tiaras were in style, so I could wear it everyday. My precious should arrive soon:
https://img1.etsystatic.com/137/0/76...2ogsgk00ss.jpg
Old 08-22-2016, 03:01 AM
Courtier

Beautifully done.

Tags
replica, rundell, tiara