The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-14-2006, 11:45 PM

Royal Replicas

Does anyone one know where to get replicas of the royal jewels?
I really would like the real thing but I guess until Wills knocks on my door, I will have to settle for costume jewels.

Thanks,
Heather in Maine

Old 02-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Courtier

replicas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather
Does anyone one know where to get replicas of the royal jewels?
I really would like the real thing but I guess until Wills knocks on my door, I will have to settle for costume jewels.

Thanks,
Heather in Maine
You can try this site:
http://www.countalexander.com/shop.shtml
But still, they don't come cheap.

Harrod's in London also has some replicas of the QEII's "Girls of Britain tiara" and the Princess Diana's "Lover's Knot tiara". Unfortunately, you'll have to buy it in person since it's not on their website.

Hope this helps.

-ayvee

Old 02-15-2006, 01:10 PM

www.stagejewellery.com can make pretty good replicas upon request.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:08 PM

Thank You so much! This site an amazing collection of reproductions of the older Royals. But I was hoping to find some of the later Crown Jewels.
Like Diana's, Sarah's and QE. What a hoot it is to just browse.
I have a duplicate of Lady Di engagement ring that is with CZs and a Topaz! Also own a fake Jennifer Lopez Pink diamond.
Here is where I got those...
www.emitations.com
Old 02-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Nobility

I have got one with maxima's ring
http://www.telemasters.nl/shop/home.php?cat=1109
scroll down..
and I don't think that is expensive...
Old 02-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrjam
I have got one with maxima's ring
http://www.telemasters.nl/shop/home.php?cat=1109
scroll down..
and I don't think that is expensive...
Wow Mirrjam... I'm almost tempted to get one of each - except J. Lo's and Britney's and Camilla's... I think it's cheap but I'll have to look at exchange rates and shipping :) Thanks for the link
Old 02-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the link! I love Maxima's ring!
Old 02-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

I have to recommend e-bay! They sell all kind of things.. :)
Old 02-21-2006, 11:59 PM

Thumbs up LOOK What I Found!!

Now, if only I could figure out how much they actually are!!

http://www.historicroyalpalaces.com/....html?cPath=57

Thanks,
Heather in Maine
Old 02-27-2006, 09:56 AM

Smile Here's Another

Here is a link I found right here on this forum. In the header ads on top.

http://www.dianaring.com/

Heather in Maine
Old 06-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

I adore the replica of Sophie's necklace! I am a big pearl lover.

Does anyone know where I could find a replica of CP Mathilde's laurel leaf tiara? I love the classic simplicity of it.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Commoner

Tiara replicas

Does anyone know of sources where one might buy replicas of Princess Diana's Spencer tiara and the Cambridge Love Knot Tiara from the Royal Collection. I would prefer only quality sources that have the best replicas.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:23 PM

Stage Jewellery for Theatre and Shows

Suppliers to a friend of mine. Enjoy.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The Spencer tiara doesn't look very similar (I haven't seen any that are similar), but some of the others look pretty good, for those of us who don't have a real one locked up at home!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Courtier

Princess Mary jewelry replica that I have completed for different clients within the last 8 months:

Best wishes,

Ayvee
Old 08-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

Smile Best replica I've seen so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicRoyal View Post
Does anyone know of sources where one might buy replicas of Princess Diana's Spencer tiara and the Cambridge Love Knot Tiara from the Royal Collection. I would prefer only quality sources that have the best replicas.
I came across this copy while researching tiaras for a friend's wedding:
Princess Diana Wedding Tiara
They also have the rhinestone replica seen on most websites but this one is better. Of course, you may be looking for an even better copy but at least this one isn't as bad as some "replicas" I've seen.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Royal Highness

That is the best replica of the Spencer tiara that I have seen! WOW.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 08-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I agree, that is a pretty good replica -- and not at a bad price!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Courtier

I hate to rain on anybody's parade but this just will not do. I for one insist on the real thing or no thing. Yes I know you would look absolutely fabulous in the Princess Vladimir tiara with the Cambridge emeralds, I would look fabulous in it too or better still the Iranian aigrette with the 60 carat emerald in the center. but if these were of cut glass or austrian crystals or could be gotten at WallMart, God forbid, it would just destroy the magic. And you see that is what all of this is about: magic. White magic that is.

And part of the magic is that it is unattainable in real life but we can all sit here and with or without chocolate ice cream, which unfortunately is all too attainable, we can drool and go into bliss and be happy. But having faux jewels, although some of the designs for the Princess Mary copies are lovely, No, NO No. It would be such a disappointment. Knowing that I were wearing what for better or worse are glass falssies.

I personally dream of appearing in nothing but a loin cloth or thong if you will lined with diamonds, emeralds, sapphires and pearls all highlighted at the right spots with rubies and dripping with so many jewels that nobody will notice the bandaids on the exposed portions of my thong. I mean really, these Indian maharajas were enough to beat the band. But if these goodies were of cut glass, austrian crystals or surplus automobile glass from China it would just ruin everything and I would rightly be arrested for indecent and even worse disgusting exposure and but lucky if they merely carted me off to a home.

So dear people go back to dreaming about the real thing. Cheers.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Royal Highness

Thomas, I love your posts--and I must ask--have you overindulged with the chocolates again???? Ahhh. I quite agree with you--if it isn't real, what's the point? Had my hubby given me a nice cut piece of glass when he proposed (instead of the stunning diamond set in platinum that I picked out!) I would have been horrified! What makes these royal gems so magnificant is not just the stones (although they are a HUGE part of it)--no, it is the history of the pieces. I can tell you all about all of Queen Mary's baubles, and talk about it for long periods of time. I say Queen Mary because in my opinion, she was the best of them all when it came to gems.
THat being said, and getting back to the topic of "Royal Replicas"--I will have to say once again, that even though it ain't the real deal (at all), that replica of the Spencer Tiara is the best one I've seen online. Normally the design is all wrong. I can appreciate that someone worked diligently to get it right. Would I buy it? No--I'd rather have something real. Thomas, you once suggested to me that my hubby have my local jeweler make me a tiara of silver and semi-precious stones (like aquamarines) and then I could wear it around the house. That is not a bad idea--everyone needs a tiara. Elton John has one, why can't I?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill

Tags
greece, jewellery, replica, rings