Royal Replicas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, the ring Camilla Shand currently wears.

Considering there has been no Camilla Shand in almost 43 years that may be hard. The Duchess of Cornwall's engagement ring I highly doubt anyone would recognize if they saw a replica of it. Unlike Diana's famous sapphire, Camilla's heirloom from the queen mother is not recognizable.

Can they buy a replica of Camilla Shand’s engagement ring?

From when she married AP-B?

No, the ring Camilla Shand currently wears.

Considering there has been no Camilla Shand in almost 43 years that may be hard. The Duchess of Cornwall's engagement ring I highly doubt anyone would recognize if they saw a replica of it. Unlike Diana's famous sapphire, Camilla's heirloom from the queen mother is not recognizable.

Well put. Camilla has not been Camilla Shand since the early 1970s, so it is unlikely that there will be interest in her ring.

I could be wrong but I think miss whirley referred to Camilla as 'Camilla Shand' because the Daily Mail persists in referring to Kate as 'Kate Middleton'.

Then she should be Camilla PB, which you get more hits if you google still. Camilla didn't go back to Shand after her divorce, she hasn't been a Shand in 43 years. And just because a magazine uses Kate Middleton because they think readers are idiots and wont know who they are speaking about, doesn't mean we have to use such terms here.

Another rubbish story by the DM.

The 'ring' is on the the Royal Collection website for sale for £35.00.

Jewellery Royal Collection Trust Shop

On the Historic Royal Palaces Shop they have several copies of the ring in various forms and a box with Diana's photo.
earrings £14.99
pendant £29.99
ring charm £100.00
cameo trinket box £29.99

Decadent jewellery inspired by our rich royal history. - Historic Royal Palaces online gift shop

IMO, the ring was probably too high a price point to sell when they have various other forms of the ring available.

Can they buy a replica of Camilla Shand’s engagement ring?

Yes copies of Duchess of Cornwall's engagement ring are available online but not from the Royal Collection Trust nor the Historic Royal Palaces.

I read the article and it said they are doing some Princess Diana collection so I don't think Camilla's ring would really fit in to that.

I do not think this is the case.
The 'Diana collection' is already on the website. They are not creating anything new.

This story is probably from a jeweler who wanted to sell copies of ring.

The manufacturer probably wanted them sold by Kensington Palace or by Historic Royal Palaces and was refused so went to the DM to generate publicity in hope they would change their mind.

A spokesman for manufacturers Bill Skinner Studio tells me: ‘We do make the ring but they don’t want us to supply it to the gift shop.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...anned-sale-Royal-gift-shop.html#ixzz3wDbKZ9ox

Last edited:
Honestly like Kate's wedding dress, there is nothing unique/original about her ring. The only thing special is it belonged to Diana, and what made it special was the woman Diana is remembered as. The design is nothing unique that you wouldn't find in stores. To be honest as much as I love sapphires, I find it gaudy. I'd much prefer Camilla's diamonds.

If you'd rather wear something in almost the same quality as the real deals but not a replica, I'd recommend Andrew Prince.. One of Queen Silvia's ladies-in-waiting wore one of his tiaras at Crown Princess Victoria's wedding. Pic of Countess de Gunzburg Beckman

After much trial, time and a few words I can't repeat, I finally made something I've been wanting to try for a couple of years now. Those famous Sapphire Cabochon Cluster earrings of Diana's. While they aren't exact, and these are the only earring mounts I have and I know they aren't the ones of the original, I think I got close....

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1481170325.034126.jpg

What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

If you'd rather wear something in almost the same quality as the real deals but not a replica, I'd recommend Andrew Prince.. One of Queen Silvia's ladies-in-waiting wore one of his tiaras at Crown Princess Victoria's wedding. Pic of Countess de Gunzburg Beckman

I'm a tiara-collector, and I've learned a lot while amassing my huge collection of replicas. For the best, most convincing lookalikes, you need to buy from an atelier that does bespoke work, using the best quality materials. This will be very expensive, and will take time for the item to be custom-made for you, but it's worth it!

If your budget is somewhat smaller, there are some Chinese companies making beautiful replicas, of much better quality and workmanship than the usual cheap tiaras you see. But you must be very careful about ordering online, because many vendors use stock photos of the original royal tiara, to lure you in. The tiara you'll get will bear only a passing resemblance to it. The India companies selling real diamond replica tiaras, are even worse. near-Industrial diamonds don't belong in a tiara.

But for replicas matching the quality of the originals, I use Juliette Designs, which operates as StageJewellery dot com and RoyalExhibitions dot co dot uk. They provided the replica jewels used in the Netfix series "The Crown", as well as many other photo shoots and productions...and by royal lookalikes.

Everything they make is bespoke, one at a time, using the same techniques as for gold and diamonds, but with silver and Swarovski jewels.

You can order items shown on their website, or commission a completely custom item. Here's a photo of a few of the items I've bought from them. The Westminster Halo Tiara is my dream tiara, and I specially commissioned them to create it for me. It may be the only replica of that tiara in the world. I've never seen another like it. If only I had more opportunities to wear it...

Attachments

• Westminster Halo & Orders-1.jpg
    Westminster Halo & Orders-1.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 316
Yipes!

Those replica tiaras definitely look too big. They're significantly larger and less delicate than the ones I saw displayed in Juliette Designs' showroom when I went there.

It almost looks as if the show's costume designer specifically requested that the tiaras be made larger than life, for more visual impact on-screen. The GGB&I tiara in particulsr appears to not only be twice as large as it is in-person, but to be far less detailed---possibly because too much detail wouldn't "read" properly onscreen.

I also wonder if the (tacky rag-doll) mannequins' heads are too small (a common design flaw, as the fashion industry tends to make everything abnormally smaller than in real-life). I've seen this type of mannequin used in many vendors' photos of tiaras, to make the tiaras look larger than they really are.

I guess we'd have to ask the show's costume designer, to find out.

My replica of St Edward's Crown

Hello everybody!
I've been fascinated by the Crown Jewels for some time, though I must admit it started with seeing Johnny English when I was kid :lol:

Let's jump 17 years and here I am, well versed in prop making and 3D modeling, so why not finally make one!

My initial goal was naturally to make it as accurate as possible, so I started by getting myself familiar with the actual look of the Crown. You'd be surprised how many photos available online aren't the actual crown, but replicas too.
So after finding a dozen photos of the real Crown, I did a camera-solve and modeled my Crown over the image of real one, but having in mind it should be able to disassemble in multiple parts for easier 3D printing.

The printing itself took more than two weeks, since I used the best resolution I could get. The base is printed in ABS plastic, which gives it more sturdiness than other commonly used materials for printing.

After printing was done, I did several rounds of sanding to prepare it for most important part- gilding!

With primer filler applied, I painted it with a couple of layers of gloss red (usual base for gilding).
Gilding was incredibly fun process for me, and highly rewarding. Nothing, not any available spray paint beats the look of actual gold leaves, because you actually get metallic surface with metallic golden reflections.

My Crown also has inner skeleton which holds purple velvet so it doesn't sag down.
Ermine is made from faux fur.

Nearing the end, probably the most fun process was adding jewels and gemstones to the Crown.

And in the end, here it is, (mostly) jewel-by-jewel recreation! ?

Your crown looks amazing! It looks like an awful lot of work, how long did it take to make it?

Thank you!
Well it was, but I enjoyed every step of it and now when it's over I feel a bit bored (even with other projects left unfinished).
In all it took 5 months, but with pauses and I wasn't working on it every day.

What a beautiful labor of love to do and the end result is probably one of the best and closest replicas of the crown in the world. It's totally amazing!

Thank you Osipi, it means a lot!

Yesterday night I just spotted something incredible:
As you can see, on both sides of the cross there are two eggplant-shaped balls that dangle on the little hoops.
Now, if you watch the turntable video, you can see that the right one is not moving a lot since I probably bent the hoops too tightly. That's something I considered fixing until I saw this!

https://i2.wp.com/www.thecourtjewel...ERzgRddtQ9U6ba1gck09z_jTB_MgndqHmG7lfw1l9xcD0

It's the insert from the documentary called "The Coronation", in which the real Crown is featured.

Now that's the universe telling me I was really on the right way! Won't fix anything :lol:

Your crown is absolutely stunning! I know art work can take a long time to complete.

Well done Sandrino, an excellent job. All those hours of work was worth it. I no longer have the patience.
Your Crown could be in demand with your local theatrical group if they do a period royal play.

Thank you all for your appreciation!
It was a long process but definitely fun and worth it.

Thank you!
Well it was, but I enjoyed every step of it and now when it's over I feel a bit bored (even with other projects left unfinished).
In all it took 5 months, but with pauses and I wasn't working on it every day.

It's as impressive as your attention to detail. Is not a copy but a work of art all on its own.

Back
Top Bottom