Royal Replicas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally broke down and commissioned Edwina Mountbatten's tiara.

556841_10152281832700603_710559599_n.jpg

NO. REGRETS.

:previous:
v The real deal

Attachments

• Mountbatten Tiara 1.jpg
    Mountbatten Tiara 1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,356
Paying for it was an adventure due to the jeweler's antiquated shopping system. =( We had to get international calls on our phone so we could call them and give them our credit card information. They wouldn't accept paypal or credit cards online through their site. It was so weird!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your purchase! It's fantastic

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so stunning. Congratulations!!

I also make Tiaras. No replicas of any famous ones, but hopefully one of these days. I've made far more than I've taken pictures of and put up over at my Photobucket account, but here's the two I do have up over there. All of the materials, stones, beads and wire, are from the Dollar Store and no I'm not kidding.

The Sapphire Three Leaf Clover Tiara

How it looks when worn

Taken by me in our Bathroom Mirror. :D

The Ruby and Topaz Leaf Bandeau Tiara

Also my very first Tiara. The reason why there's red and gold beads twisted together is because I originally started out making Circlets for both me and my fellow Lord of the Rings fans to wear at Conventions. I've made one w/blue and silver beads and one of the "Sapphire" leaves shown in the Three Leaf Clover Tiara. That's what this started out as, but it changed in the making to...

This Tiara in this self portrait

That was taken on William and Kate's Wedding Day BTW. Yes, I wore a Tiara to watch the Wedding. Dad just rolled his eyes at me, but Mom was wishing there was another one for her, as she was feeling left out...LOL!!

Last edited:
I finally broke down and commissioned Edwina Mountbatten's tiara...
How is it, to hold in your hand? Does it fit your head? Is it really nicely made? Does it look very fake or a bit convincing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I originally started out making Circlets for both me and my fellow Lord of the Rings fans to wear at Conventions.

I love your circlets, they're quite pretty!

You seem to be my kind of person! I too work in the convention world, so I'm familiar with how it goes...

How is it, to hold in your hand? Does it fit your head? Is it really nicely made? Does it look very fake or a bit convincing?

1. I haven't publically worn it yet, but those who have seen it in the case have completely gone daffy for it, unable to believe it's fake. Compared to pieces I acquired from pageant or bridal suppliers, this is the most convincing tiara I own. *I* know it's not real, but due to the OBVIOUS difference between this and a standard chain-welded tiara - I'm terrified of travelling with it. The average person without a trained eye like ours would never know the difference. The craftsmanship is superb, it really is. It's not perfection, but it's definitely worth every penny spent.

2. It's heavier than any tiara I own so far - the weight is something I am having trouble adjusting to. Headaches are frequent. Having the velvet padded band is a god-send, as it prevents slipping - for the first time, I can put on a tiara without the need of my stylist coming in and doing my hair to hold it in place.

3. The size of the tiara when it arrived was quite small - but SLOWLY and GENTLY bending it open solved the issue. But I must stress, with any tiara - that you must be VERY careful not to over-bend it.

More photos here: http://thesilvermaiden.deviantart.com/art/Tiara-Collection-VIII-Edwina-Mountbatten-340883624

I think, if I save up for another one, I'll have Queen Alexandra's amethyst tiara made, or that one Faberge tiara...So many options, gah!

Last edited:
I have a copy of Queen Mary's diamond stomacher and was wondering "too much " if I turned it into a long necklace with seed pearls ?

My new replica

The first picture is the original
the second my new original

Attachments

• the original.jpg
    the original.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,002
  • DSCN0758.jpg
    DSCN0758.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 498
That is stunning!! Wow!!

Here's my latest creation, which I'm calling The Pink Topaz Butterfly Tiara.

image-4173933344.jpg

Once again, all materials have come from the dollar store. So, no, the stones aren't real. :). Here's one showing how it looks when worn...

image-3496296437.jpg

Be gentle w/the comments, but I am interested in what you all think of it. :)

Replica Tiara's

Where can I get a replica of Napoleonic Amethyst tiara? I love this tiara!

imperial state crown

i have the greatest honour in owning a fabulous hand made replica of The Imperial State Crown also The St Edwards Crown and also the Queen Victoria Diamond Colette and Earrings. I have also just acquired The George iv Tiara

I will never be rich enough to commission or buy Diana's pearls with the sapphire choker. But, I can afford Kenneth Jay Lane's knock off. Just purchased this necklace and cannot wait to try it on.

Attachments

• Diana replica.jpg
    Diana replica.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 426
Nice! Now what to wear with it??

I may just wear it around the house along with one of my tiaras. LOL

I have an event to attend towards the end of the year, may need to find a new dress to wear with the necklace.

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1405810023.826001.jpg

See pic
I've always been obsessed with this jewelry from QEII

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Here's one that is a replica of QETQM's coronation collet necklace, I got it too

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1405810277.866262.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1405810326.080702.jpg

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Nice. That necklace, even though it is costume, is so magnificent to look at, I can't imagine what it would be like to get to wear. The earrings alone would make me very happy.

I have a brooch that is a replica of Queen Victoria's sapphire and diamond pin that her beloved husband gave her as a present.
It is smaller of course, and costume, but it thrills me to no end to wear that brooch.
I would love to be able to get a replica of QEII's floral basket brooch someday.
That brooch just rocks IMO.

As soon as I got it, I put it on and felt fantastic, it was a bit pricey and looks real. It's weighs quite a bit too. I was thinking to myself...."so this is what it feels like" lol

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Here's another shot of QETQM coronation necklace that I got

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1406087661.413054.jpg

Here's another goodie

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1406088090.839351.jpg

Back
Top Bottom