The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Serene Highness

Royal Jewellery & Fine Arts Auctions and Exhibitions

Just wondered if everyone knew about this exhibit. The preview looks very yummy. I plan on going in December if anyone wants info on it while it is happening.

ING Arts - General Presentation

Old 09-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Courtier

{inappropriate contesnt deleted - Elspeth} Some of these contraptions are simply out of this world. That emerald thingie of Catherine II is something to behold as is so much of the rest of this. Some of the pieces I do not care for, as is to be expected, but as in all these cases there is good natured disagreement about minor points and spasms of delight about the great part of it. Prostrations and Praise.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Gentry

I didn't read completely through this thread. If this link has already been posted, I apologize.

The Lady - England's Oldest Weekly Magazine for Women. The article is titled "Crowing Glories":

This is an emerald and diamond diadem from c 1820.

The Courtly Lives - Russian/Orthodox Crown Jewels
Old 06-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

In auction: dazzling royal jewels

World's Most Dazzling Royal Jewels - Forbes.com

Last month, important pieces once owned by royalty were auctioned at the Beau-Rivage Hotel in Geneva. The event, called "Magnificent Jewels, Noble Jewels and Jewels from the Collection of Lily Marinho", fetched a total of 60 million Swiss francs ($57.1 million).

The auction featured an enamel and diamond cocktail watch by Cartier, a diamond devant de corsage and a pink topaz and diamond bracelet that once belonged to Henriette de L'Espine, S.A.S. la Princesse Louis de Croÿ.

But perhaps the most important piece of the Sotheby's auction was a sapphire pendant set with diamonds that was formerly in the collection of the Duchess of Windsor.

Pictures:
In Pictures: World's Most Dazzling Royal Jewels - Forbes.com

Video:
Forbes.com Video Network
Old 06-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The Lily Marinho collection featured a couple really beautiful tiaras IMO.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Royal Highness

OMG! That sapphire pendant is truly breathtaking. I am drooling, literally, I am having one of those "Thomas Parkham" moments.
The pearl and diamond tiara is lovely: In Pictures: World's Most Dazzling Royal Jewels - Forbes.com

THe diamond encrusted tiara, holding a stunning riviere of diamonds is beautiful: In Pictures: World's Most Dazzling Royal Jewels - Forbes.com

The video is worth watching because it shows a beatifully crafted diamond tiara not in the slideshow.

THat sapphire takes my breath away.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 06-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Nobility

Oh my God. Never have I wished to have $60 million so much..
Old 06-09-2008, 03:58 AM
Royal Highness

Love the tiaras!
Old 06-23-2008, 05:10 AM
Administrator

Rare Jewels on display in the V&A, London

Here is a link to a BBC site which includes a short but very interesting video of some of the fabulous jewels on display at the re-vamped V&A in London.
It's well worth a look!

Some of the Victoria and Albert Museum's 3,500 rare and precious jewels are on display in a new gallery.
Curator Richard Edgcumbe tells the story of some of the most dazzling diamonds in the world.

Link courtesy of Octavius at RJOTWMB
Old 06-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Royal Highness

Warren, a wonderful link. THe pieces displayed were so beautiful--and that RING DISPLAY! I pause the video just to look at it. Stunning, stunning, stunning.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 06-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh Warren, you really know how to make my day, the video was great. A many thanks!
Old 08-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I try to find some jewels and what I found:
A model from Christie's presents a Spanish Ducal diamond crown in Geneva

Anyone know something about it?
Old 08-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Royal Highness

That's rather a small crown, isn't it, more like Queen Victoria's tiny crown than a tiara?
Old 08-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

Tiaras you must see

Go to www.albionart.com/eng/muse/special2/index.html. All kinds of different tiaras from about the last 200 years, including a Spencer tiara, worn by Raine, that I had never seen before. There's something for everyone (and no one) there, including more winged tiaras like the one Princess Astrid favors in Norway, aigrettes, tiaras that resemble the Delhi Durbar and others.

Thomas Parkman, where are you??
Old 08-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

I see it but I don't believe it

I can't believe my eyes on this one-- a parure of pecans?
http://www.albionart.com/eng/muse/sp...ecial2_21.html

I have seen it all!

My granddaddy would have been able to identify all the pecans here but I'm not quite able to. I think I see Stuarts, Schleys, and Sumners but he would know.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am not one to wear such heavy ornate jewelry so I will only have the Garland Tiara, the Greek Wave Tiara and One Kokoshnik please.........
Old 08-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Royal Highness

I think I'd pass on the pecan tiara! There's a Chanel tiara too, which IMO is pretty hideous.

Since my birthday is coming up and my birthstone is peridot, an appropriate tiara for me would be the Archduchess Isabella peridot. I don't usually like peridots, but these are lovely and look large. I bet Camilla would look good in a similar tiara.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Nobility

I fell in love with the Rosebud Tiara.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Go to www.albionart.com/eng/muse/special2/index.html. All kinds of different tiaras from about the last 200 years, including a Spencer tiara, worn by Raine, that I had never seen before. There's something for everyone (and no one) there, including more winged tiaras like the one Princess Astrid favors in Norway, aigrettes, tiaras that resemble the Delhi Durbar and others.

Thomas Parkman, where are you??
Which Spencer tiara did Raine wear?

Tags
auction, cullinan diamond necklace, exhibition, jewellery