Royal Jewellery & Fine Arts Auctions and Exhibitions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A special exhibition featuring important pieces by Cartier has opened in Tokyo. The exhibits include some items belonging to Princess Grace.
Exhibition article

Ok.Maybe some of you hear about this but here you go:

Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels
And
A Celebration of Taste and Style, Magnificent Jewels from a Private Collection

Sotheby's - Auctions - Calendar - Browse Catalogue

For example : earrings OF A PRINCELY FAMILY WITH BOTH GERMAN AND LIECHTENSTEIN ORIGINS
http://www.sothebys.com/app/live/lot/LotDetail.jsp?lot_id=159536619

Earclips of Leopold III from Hancocks
http://www.hancocks-london.com/acatalog/info_EAR115952AM.html

Any idea for who it could belong ?
Sotheby's - Auctions - Calendar - Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels<br>And<br>A Celebration of Taste and Style, Magnificent Jewels from a Private Collection

Last edited by a moderator:
Christies is having an auction next week in London. They have several tiaras and a few things from noble families. Very worth a look!!!! The ecatalogue is great to look at for all my jewelry pals!!!!

Christies is having an auction next week in London. They have several tiaras and a few things from noble families. Very worth a look!!!! The ecatalogue is great to look at for all my jewelry pals!!!!
whre i can find the catalogue to look?

At the Auction of the items of the Princess Axel of Danemark her tiara was a copy , the real one never left ther safe in the bank.
Since now a wonder if the stones of royal tiaras are glass-stones or diamand.
The glass-stone tiara of Princess Margaretha was sold at Drouot/Paris 320 euros !!

thank you so much for the links, i love them, specially the zaphire peraure, wow i would love to have it!!!!!!!!!
wow how you can find to get the glass-stone tiara for 320 euros?????
i alwasy wonder if what the royal use are a duplicate of the real onees in glass stone?? specially when they travel abroad??
one million thanks forthe links and the informaton i really enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The exhibition opening at the Queen's Gallery "Victoria and Albert: Art and Love" contains some unusual royal jewellery -gifts between the royal sovereigns which really fits the phrase "what do you buy someone who already has everything they need?"
Stag tooth necklace :ohmy:

Jewel's auction

Prince Carlo Allesandro , Duke of Castel Duino is to auction his mother's jewels in May 2010. Among the pieces are Princess Marie Bonaparte'ss sapphire festoon necklace, a matching brooch and a diamond and pearl corsage that used to belong to Queen Olga of Greece (it was one of her favourites). I wish that the GRF could buy the corsage back, given its provenance.

Any idea which auction house will sell the jewels?

4.20.10: Magnificent Jewels | New York Social Diary
The Magnifican Jewels auctions included:
  • The most historic jewel is probably the cushion-shaped diamond of 39.55 carats that Emperor Maximilian of Mexico acquired in Brazil in 1860. Later in the 1860s he was assassinated by a firing squad in Mexico, supposedly wearing the diamond in a satchel tied around his neck.
  • Catherine the Great’s brooch, which boasts a Colombian emerald weighing between 60 and 60 carats, has always been considered one of the outstanding jewels in the world. In 1776, Catherine gave it to Sophie Dorothea, Princess of Wurttemberg, as a wedding gift at the marriage of Catherine’s son and successor, Tsar Paul I. It passed down to the princess’s descendents and the Hohenzollern family. It is estimated to sell for $1 - $1.5 million.
See article for pictures.

If you look at the Sothebys site of the upcoming auction in Geneva, there seem to be many jewels from Royal families, not just the ones mentioned above. They don't say which ones, but it looks like some families are needing cash, or maybe just wanting something more modern. My money is on the first thing though!

Sothebys Jewels auction from the private Collection of Prince Charles de la Torre

Sothebys Jewels auction from the private Collection of Prince Charles de la Torre and Tasso. He is the son of princess Eugene of Greece. Some of the Jewels were property of Queen Olga of Greece, princess María Bonaparte and princess Eugenia. I’m trying to find pictures of the auction.

The jewels were owned:
Prince George of Greece and Denmark and Princess Maria Bonaparte, they were inherited by their only daughter, Princess Eugenie and now owned by her children:
Tatiana Radzwill , who is a friend of Queen Sofia
and the descendants of her brother Prince Jerzy , he died in 2001....

It can not be of Tatiana and her brother, in which case it would be their half brother, Crown Princess Eugenie of Greece divorced in 1946 of Prince Razdwill and in 1949 she married with Duke de la Torre.They had a son Carlos Alessandro, current Duke.(Charles of the Torre).He is owned of the colection..

Cullinan Blue Diamond Necklace at the National History Museum

After Thomas Cullinan, the famed South African explorer, bought the Premier Diamond Mine, his workers discovered a nearly flawless 3106.75 carat diamond. "It was the largest rough diamond ever discovered," Post said. Cullinan presented the massive diamond to King Edward VII for his birthday. In honor of his knighthood in 1910, Cullinan created the necklace for his wife, Annie Cullinan. The nine blue diamonds represented the nine pieces that were cut from the original stone. Parts of the huge diamond were placed in the jewelry of the British royal family.
The necklace was given to each first daughter in each generation. "In the early 1980s the great-granddaughter, Anne Robinson, got in touch with Stephen Silver and sold him the heirloom. Then silver sold the necklace to another owner, who is donating it to us," Post explained.
For the rest of this article, plus a picture.. click
Arts Post - A stunning diamond arrives at Natural History Museum

:previous:
The article runs two statements together thereby completely confusing the issue.

1. Thomas Cullinan gave a massive 3000+ carat uncut stone to Edward VII. It is known as the Cullinan Diamond and was cut into nine segments, referred to as Cullinans I to IX;
2. To commemorate his knighthood, Sir Thomas Cullinan had a necklace made for his wife. It contains nine blue diamonds which represent the nine Cullinans.

Apart from the gift-giver and the symbolism, the necklace has no connection with royal jewels.

The Spanish Jeweller Ansorena has a video on its website of which the first 1min 20seconds features a collection of (loaned) glittering tiaras.
Well worth a look!

:::: ANSORENA :::::

-> courtesy of Francisco Luis from RJOTWMB

The Spanish Jeweller Ansorena has a video on its website of which the first 1min 20seconds features a collection of (loaned) glittering tiaras.
Well worth a look!

:::: ANSORENA :::::

-> courtesy of Francisco Luis from RJOTWMB

Each one is so amazing and beautiful. They make me have a headache just looking at them. I cannot even imagine how heavy they must be since they are so elaborate. Amazing jewels. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom