Royal Jewellery & Fine Arts Auctions and Exhibitions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its a really beautiful Emerald and Pearl choker!
I wonder who is selling it?

The duke of Anhalt is putting a pearl necklace that belonged to Amalia of Solms (wife of Stadholder Frederick Henri of Holland, Zeeland etc.) up for auction.

They are expected to sell for 120.000-160.000 euros.
Amalia had access to the best pearls that came with the VOC, the Dutch East India Company.

The pearls will be autioned on May 13th at Sotheby's in Geneva.

Royalty Online

She must have had a lot of pearls. The big pearl necklace of the Dutch RF is supposed to have belonged to her. And empress Frederick also had a pearl necklace that belonged to Amalia. It was inherited by her eldest daughter Victoria, who sold it after WWI to finance her Russian playboy boyfriend.
'
I believe that there is a debate which ones are thé famous pearls of Amalia, but is generally assumed that it was the Prussian necklace.
At the time, the Duke of Anhalt was divorcing his wife and I think that was the reason for the sale. The were two pearls one that ended up in the Anhalt collection, the other with the Hohenzollerns.

The Auction House Coutau Begarie Paris sells a lot of items from Count Flemming of Rosenborg Descendents.
Items from his Father family : Prince Vlademar and Princess Marie parents of Prince Axel
Items from his Mothers family Prince Carl and Princess Ingeborg of Sweden, parents of Princess Margaretha.
Items from Prince Georg and Princess Anne of Denmark.
No jewels , but a special box where Prince Carl put his Decorations.
They seem in money need !!

The Auction House Coutau Begarie Paris sells a lot of items from Count Flemming of Rosenborg Descendents.

Items from his Father family : Prince Vlademar and Princess Marie parents of Prince Axel

Items from his Mothers family Prince Carl and Princess Ingeborg of Sweden, parents of Princess Margaretha.

Items from Prince Georg and Princess Anne of Denmark.

No jewels , but a special box where Prince Carl put his Decorations.

They seem in money need !!
Since the auction includes things of Prince Georg and Princess Anne's I don't think it's Count Flemming's descendants that are selling off some heirlooms. I think it's the daughter of Elizabeth Shakerley that are settling her mother's estate by selling off the items. She passed away two years ago. We know that Elizabeth was close to her stepfather, Prince George and inherited jewelry from his family so it's not impossible that she inherited more pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
The tale of La Peregrina which was in the Spanish Royal Vault until 1813 when it was pilfered by the French with other Crown Jewels and sold to the Duke of Abercorn. He later sold it to a American collector and was sold again and bought by Richard Burton as a Valentines Day the pearl to Elizabeth Taylor in 1969.
It was again sold following the death of Elizabeth Taylor in 2011 by an anonymous buyer for $10.5 million.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/20...e-movie-star-who-treasured-it.html#more-48387

Incredible jewelry, some absolutely stunning.

No, those are clearly different tiaras.

Yes, luckily it's not the tiara Princess Kelly is usually wearing.

It is a shame. It’s a beautiful and historic tiara. I hope it won’t be broken up. Nobody except royals really wear jewellery like that nowadays.

It is a shame. It’s a beautiful and historic tiara. I hope it won’t be broken up. Nobody except royals really wear jewellery like that nowadays.

Denmark should have a foundation of the main jewels like Sweden, so they don't leave the family.
Princess Elisabeth's brothers probably even asked the royal family if they were interested in buying the tiara. But Princess Elisabeth could also have left the tiara in her will to the royal family, which did not happen.
And so another tiara is lost, which is a shame, especially such a historic piece of jewelry.
It would look great on Princess Isabella.

Princess Elisabeth 2 important jewels a Brooch and a Bracelet are at Rosenborg Castle with the official jewels which may not leave Denmark.

Denmark should have a foundation of the main jewels like Sweden, so they don't leave the family.

The Danish Royal family has a foundation for jewellery, furniture and artwork which was created by Queen Louise and King Frederik in 1910. Some of the jewellery pieces belonging to it are the pearl poire parure, a large necklace of 31 diamonds originating with Anne of Orange, a bracelet with nine strands of small pearls and a diamond encrusted portrait of Augusta Amelia of Leuchtenberg and two bracelets of Empress Josephine with her children's names spelled out in gemstones.

The Danish Royal family has a foundation for jewellery, furniture and artwork which was created by Queen Louise and King Frederik in 1910. Some of the jewellery pieces belonging to it are the pearl poire parure, a large necklace of 31 diamonds originating with Anne of Orange, a bracelet with nine strands of small pearls and a diamond encrusted portrait of Augusta Amelia of Leuchtenberg and two bracelets of Empress Josephine with her children's names spelled out in gemstones.

So they should also place some of the tiaras and other historical jewels of the royal family in this foundation to be preserved for future generations.

It appears that the tiara that belonged to Princess Elizabeth of Denmark may have been sold at auction...
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0cDTcuI36A/?igsh=MW0weW9mZndhY253Ng==

It is interesting that the only mention we’ve seen of the tiara being sold is this Instagram post with no link to the auction listing. I’m a little dubious that it has been sold as I suspect someone in the royal jewel watching world would have noticed it being listed at an auction.

Back
Top Bottom