Princess Madeleine: Possible Wedding Tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcbcode99

Royal Highness
City
Richmond Area
Country
United States
Since Madeleine is also getting married in 2010, I wonder what tiara she will wear. Personally, I would like to see her in something different than the Baden fringe and the aquamarine piece--and although she looked amazing with that brooch in her hair, I want to see a tiara. Because I highly doubt Victoria and Madeleine would wear the same tiara on their wedding days (or they could, who really knows?) perhaps Madeleine will wear the Cameo (how many opportunities will she ever get to really wear it anyway?) and the Crown Princess will wear something different? Or, they could go with tradition and both wear the Cameo. The Connaught diamond tiara would be beautiful with a veil.....

Princess Madeleine never wore the Baden fringe tiara; the diamond tiara worn most frequently be her is her mother's, acquired in the late 1980s.

Again, the 'tradition' of wearing the cameo tiara for a wedding only goes back to the 1960s and the King's sisters. It remains to be seen whether the royal family itself considers it a tradition to follow it or not.

The Connaught tiara, private property of the King, would certainly be lovely for Madeleine.
Then, there's also the 'lost' large aquamarine tiara of the King's sister Princess Margaretha, whereabouts unknown as of now, which would look perfect on Madeleine, and if the tiara should make a re-appearance in the main branch of the family, her wedding might be the fitting occasion for it.

I very much doubt that she is going to wear her small 18th birthday aquamarine bandeau.

I misnamed the fringe! Thank you for clarifiying that for me, Boris. I do like Queen Silvia's tiara which Madeline wears--it is one of the most attractive tiaras of the royal families--it's small but not insignificant in size either. It's simply lovely! I believe it is also a necklace.
The Connaught would be perfect, in my own opinion. But, I did not realize it was private property of the King! I hope it remains in the main branch.

Since Madeleine is also getting married in 2010, I wonder what tiara she will wear. Personally, I would like to see her in something different than the Baden fringe and the aquamarine piece--and although she looked amazing with that brooch in her hair, I want to see a tiara. Because I highly doubt Victoria and Madeleine would wear the same tiara on their wedding days (or they could, who really knows?) perhaps Madeleine will wear the Cameo (how many opportunities will she ever get to really wear it anyway?) and the Crown Princess will wear something different? Or, they could go with tradition and both wear the Cameo. The Connaught diamond tiara would be beautiful with a veil.....

Is she getting married in 2010? :flowers:

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/Princess Madeline of Sweden.jpg
What this tiara? :)

The Connaught would look beautiful.

Princess Madeleine's wedding date has not been announced yet.

Your picture indeed shows Princess Madeleine wearing Queen Silvia's contemporary diamond tiara, which is convertible into a necklace and was first worn by the Queen in 1988.
By the way, the pendants on Princess Madeleine's necklace in the pic are the five diamond drops from the Connaught tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the information, the tiara does look rather pretty on Madeline. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that it was going to be in late 2010.

Then, there's also the 'lost' large aquamarine tiara of the King's sister Princess Margaretha, whereabouts unknown as of now, which would look perfect on Madeleine, and if the tiara should make a re-appearance in the main branch of the family, her wedding might be the fitting occasion for it.

Wasn't this tiara seen at the state visit between Sweden and the Netherlands? I remember a PDV article about this visist and CP Maxima unearthing a ruby tiara that hadn't seen the light of day since the 1960s. The photos with the article showed the Queens and CP Maxima with another woman wearing Aquamarines, but as my french isn't what it once was, I don't know which royal family she belonged to.

I read somewhere that it was going to be in late 2010.

Yes late 2010. If im not mistaken no exact month has been said yet.

I think Madeleine will wear a new tiara and something not to big and fussy.

Wasn't this tiara seen at the state visit between Sweden and the Netherlands? I remember a PDV article about this visist and CP Maxima unearthing a ruby tiara that hadn't seen the light of day since the 1960s. The photos with the article showed the Queens and CP Maxima with another woman wearing Aquamarines, but as my french isn't what it once was, I don't know which royal family she belonged to.

That is the dutch aquamarine tiara worn by Princess Margriet. The swedish one belongs to Princess Margaretha and was last worn by her daughter Sibylla on her Wedding Day in the 90's.

I think the Ps Maddie's Aquamarine tiara would look stunning if she went with a medieval style dress.

I have also thought about this tiara and the possibility that the king might have bought it from princess Margaretha for one of his daughters (or Carl-Philips future wife ;)) but i have then thought of him giving it to Victoria as a wedding present and that she maybe could wear it the night before the wedding (if there is a gala then...). But maybe it would be for Madeleine instead - or maybe she have sold it to someone else, hope not, it would be a fantastic addition to the royal jewels - let´s hope that it´s true!

Oh how I do hope Prinmcess Madeline wears the Connaught Tiara, it is one of my favorite ones of all time. I think it would look stunning on her. Additionally, I do wish they would set a date already!!!

I'm hoping for the Connaught or the Diamond Bandeau. :flowers:

I am postitve she will marry someday so even though she is not engaged,it is still fun to guess! ;)

I am sure she will wear the Connaught tiara.If not,the Cameo.

Here are all the Swedish royal tiara's:

Swedish Royal Tiaras

(It is missing the Fringe Tiara!)

Unlikely:

Cut Steel
Six/Four Button
Augamarine tiara (Please NO!)
Braganza tiara
Fringe Tiara
Leuchtenberg Sapphire
Queen Josephine's Amethysts
Diamond Bandeau
Nine Prong

Likely:

Modern Fringe Tiara
Cameo
Connaught

These are my guesses of course. :)

Last edited:
I believe that when princess Madeline gets married she will also wear the tiara that her mother and sister wore only what type of gown she will wear? But that's another topic.

I think

Connaught as favorite
and cameo as second favorite

I feel relatively certain it will be the Cameo. The Swedish Royal Family are pretty devoted to that one as a wedding tiara.

i know the cameo has tradition, but i think she will not wear it for the wedding. i think its not Madeleine's style and taste and even though King CG sisters wore, Vicoria is a future queen and the cameo might start bein' used for future queens only.
we shall see.

but i want to see a tiara that Madeleine hasnt wore yet.

I feel relatively certain it will be the Cameo. The Swedish Royal Family are pretty devoted to that one as a wedding tiara.
Princess Christina wore the Connaught tiara, and Madeleine looked lovely wearing it at Victoria's wedding, so I hope she will chose it instead of the cameo, as I don't think it will suit her. At Victoria's wedding: http://tinyurl.com/c9zjfwc

Last edited:
I'll be suprised if she wears something other than the cameo.
Those royals sure know how to keep us on our toes. I was already feeling a sullen about the lack of coming tiara events after the Luxembourg wedding, but now this... :)

I think that she will mark the occasion by wearing a tiara which she hasn't worn before. That's why I bet on the cameo, as she has already worn the Connaught at Victoria's wedding.
The cameo is not my favourite tiara. But Victoria looked really glorious on her wedding day, and I believe that Madeleine can achieve the same.

I am hoping for the Cameo. Even if the "tradition" of wearing the Cameo at the Wedding of the House of Sweden is not yet very old, I like this one verry much and I think, this should be continued :flowers:
Bye Bine

Ughh. I am not a fan of the cameo tiara.sorry!

I hope that she will wear the Cameo. If not, the Connaught.

Mad doesn't strike me as someone who'd want to follow in her sister's footsteps, or be compared to her sister. For this reason I'd be very surprised if she wore the Cameo tiara. I"m hoping for one of the Connaught tiaras, expecially the ruby one.

I'm hoping for any other tiara than the Cameo. Victoria used it so Madeleine can very well use some other tiara. If she uses Connaught I hope she will have a better hairdo than at Victoria's wedding.

Although I really hope for another tiara - I fear it will be the Cameo :ermm: - too much tradition by now, although my fellow posters seem to be right - Madeleine seems to be not exactly the tradition follower....
My choice would be something nice and delicate .....

Princess Madeleine never wore the Baden fringe tiara; the diamond tiara worn most frequently be her is her mother's, acquired in the late 1980s.

Again, the 'tradition' of wearing the cameo tiara for a wedding only goes back to the 1960s and the King's sisters. It remains to be seen whether the royal family itself considers it a tradition to follow it or not.

The Connaught tiara, private property of the King, would certainly be lovely for Madeleine.

I very much doubt that she is going to wear her small 18th birthday aquamarine bandeau.

I agree about the Connaught tiara, Madeline would look splendid in that one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom