The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-20-2013, 04:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm a traditionalist and would like to see her in the Cameo tiara as worn by the other royal brides.
I don't think that four royal brides wearing the cameo tiara makes it a tradition. I do hope Madeleine chooses another tiara, as I don't like the cameo and don't think it suits Madeleine's style. I would love to see her in a soft romantic wedding dress and the cameo tiara would be to severe.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Enough royal brides have worn the Cameo tiara for it to be noted as traditional for royal weddings and here's one of several descriptions about that tradition. Whether or not Madeleine continues it is, of course, her choice according to her style and taste.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/...meo-tiara.html

Old 01-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree. I also love the Cameo. I know it's very ornate and very much a statement piece, but I think that it's stunning when worn correctly as it was at Victoria's wedding.

That being said- I'm not sure that it would suit Madeleine as well as it suited Victoria.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Royal Highness

Why would it boot suit Madeline as much as it did Victoria? I feel it did well for the sisters of the king as well as Her Majesty Queen Silvia on her day as well. I feel it would not only do well for Madeline as she like her sister, mother and aunts before her, would do it the justice it deserves!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
...due to the darker hair of Madeleine (which is for sure a great improvement) the tiara will look great on her, I am sure.
Couldn't agree more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Here are great photoshopped pictures of Madeleine's possible wedding tiaras made by Her_Majesty... Thank you Her_Majesty for making these!
Yes! Thank you, Her Majesty! These are beautiful and I enjoyed looking at them. The cameo on Madeline only reaffirmed my feelings on which tiara I would love to see her wear on her special day -hope its the one! If not i think that the Connaught Tiara is nice as well.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan

Why would it boot suit Madeline as much as it did Victoria? I feel it did well for the sisters of the king as well as Her Majesty Queen Silvia on her day as well. I feel it would not only do well for Madeline as she like her sister, mother and aunts before her, would do it the justice it deserves!
I didn't mean that as an insult to Madeleine in any way. I think she might be the most classically beautiful princess there is. I just meant that Victoria has very strong features and that combined with her position as heir made the Cameo seem so appropriate and wonderful. I see Madeleine as more of a fairy tale princess. I can see her really looking wonderful in some of the more ethereal tiaras in the collection.

But no doubt that she'll look lovely in the Cameo too if it's what she chooses.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Royal Highness

No worries! I didn't think you meant it as an insult.
When you put it like that -I agree that she is for sure the more fairy tale of princesses.
I'm excited to see her dress as well as her tiara!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Nobility

One night I had a dream about Madeleines entrance in the royal palace church at her wedding. She had a cream coloured wedding dress and wore the modern fringe tiara and the Vasa earrings. Time will tell if My dream was right 

But i'm a traditionalist and hoping for the Cameo.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Majesty

not longe before we get an answear.
Cameo is still my best bet
Old 03-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Gentry

I hope to see princess Lillans tiara in the wedding. Either on the bride or some other of the royal ladies
Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahkoo View Post
I hope to see princess Lillans tiara in the wedding. Either on the bride or some other of the royal ladies
As princess Lilian's tiara can also be worn as a necklace, it would be nice if either Madeleine or Victoria wore it as such: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Lilian's Laurel Wreath Tiara
(Madeleine as a bride wearing the Connaught tiara and the laurel necklace the same way as her great-grandmother Margareta in the photo would be wow!)
Old 03-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
As princess Lilian's tiara can also be worn as a necklace, it would be nice if either Madeleine or Victoria wore it as such: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Lilian's Laurel Wreath Tiara
(Madeleine as a bride wearing the Connaught tiara and the laurel necklace the same way as her great-grandmother Margareta in the photo would be wow!)
What a beautiful sight that would be and what a great tribute that would be to Lilian!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Can anyone photoshop the tiara on M's hair?
Old 03-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow that tiara is beautiful! Never seen that before.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Wow that tiara is beautiful! Never seen that before.
When one -Lilian's Wreath tiara?
Old 05-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Majesty

9 days to go
Old 06-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
9 days to go
4 days to go now