The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Majesty

As we have not seen it at the Nobel dinners i think the Cameo is the strongest contender

Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
As we have not seen it at the Nobel dinners i think the Cameo is the strongest contender
I agree .
And I hope that the Connaught tiara will again be the "sister-of-the-bride-tiara".
Will Silvia wear the Branganca tiara again? I can't wait to see!

Old 12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I suspect Madeleine will wear the Cameo and Victoria will wear the Baden fringe. Silvia's is trickier to guess: I am hoping to see her in the newly re-emerged emeralds and the Braganza tiara. If not, the trusty sapphires can always be brought out again.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Nobility

I would like see amethyst tiara on her at her wedding day
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by martina View Post
I would like see amethyst tiara on her at her wedding day
It will be quite an unusual choice for a bride to wear a coloured tiara though. Further, she has already worn it once this year, IMO she is hardly likely to repeat it so quickly.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

My guess is also the Cameo tiara for Madeleibne. As for Silvia i don't think she will wear the Braganza tiara. perhaps the leuchtenberg sapphires or the nine pronge tiara with either the pink topaz demi Parure or the emeralds. Or if they have really the pink tormalines bought back that would be a good occasion to use them for the first time.
For Victoria i wouldlike to see the Connaught tiara or if Silvia doesn't wear it the nine pronge tiara. also interesting will be to see which tiara the King's sisters will wear as i guess they will all attend. At last Princess Christina and Pricness Bighitta will wear tiaras from the Bernadotte foundation as Princess Birgitta's pearl tiara is now owned by her daugher Désirée.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

I hope not to see the prongs at the wedding: It's too much of Silvia's "everyday tiara" to be used at such a special occasion as Madeleine's wedding. And I can't imagine it on Victoria's straight hairdo. Also I hope that Brigitta won't choose it again, it certainly was no success for her.

As for the pink turmaline parure: yes, that's the one I want to see! But being pessimistic, I guess that they will keep it hidden in the vaults sometime longer.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I am kind of hoping the wedding will be a rather low key morning event in the palace chapel for the 4th in line to the throne.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

But morning weddings aren't what the Skandinavian royals usually do. Both in Norway and in Denmark the weddings of the other children of the monarchs were afternoon weddings and white tie. Also I have seen many pictures of Victoria and Madeleine attending weddings of their friends, and I seem to remember a great number of evening gowns and not morning attire at all.
Besides it doesn't matter so much which number she is in the line of the succession. She is a daughter of the current monarch.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

True, although the King's own wedding was not a tiara event in 1976. If Maddy wants a low key life with her hubby living abroad she may as well start with her wedding. If the wedding is to be held in the palace chapel I assume space will limit the size of the guest list compared to the numbers the catherdral could hold.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

If the wedding is a tiara event then I predict Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe Tiara and Silvia will wear the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara. I also predict Madeleine will wear the Cameo Tiara.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Nobility

Though I don't know of specific tiaras, I liked the headpiece for Daniel and Victoria's wedding. If I'm correct I believe it was the same crown that was worn by her majesty Queen Sylvia. I was taken by it and knew she was something ethereal with the white wedding dress and decorated veil. For Madeleine I hope the wedding is big and that she may wear any tiara traditional or even new and especially made just for the day of eternal entwinement. Maybe a crown with gold and antiqueness in shaping or form would be delightful. Whatever she goes with, may she know she makes effortless graceful and that she will be ever the bride maiden if simple is her choice. I'm hoping for everything big though, I can tell she is deserving... she is otherworld.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Somehow the Cameo Tiara isn't Madeleine's style at all, she should be wearing something that suits her style, like the Modern Fringe Tiara or the Connaught Tiara.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:46 AM
Serene Highness

It's true that the king's wedding was a morning wedding, but that was 35 years ago and wedding traditions in Sweden have changed since, late afternoon weddings are popular now, even among commoners, with a dinner and dance afterwards and that means evening gowns and for royals (and others who own them) tiaras. For Madeleine's wedding I think the guest list will be mostly family and friends, with royal guests from the other Scandinavian families, and not from Continental royal families unless they are personal friends of Madeleine. I would think the wedding will be "private" in the way that few representatives for the official Sweden will be invited, only those who have some kind of connection to Madeleine personally, so the smaller size of the royal chapel wouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Royal Highness

Madeleine's wedding will surely be smaller and less of a state occasion than Victoria's. Probably a private pre-wedding party instead of a big concert, fewer guests, especially fewer official representatives.
But I still think that it will be a tiara affair (which is most important to me). There probably will be most members of the extended family: her aunts, many of the comital Bernadottes, most royals from Denmark and Norway, probably also some from Luxembourg. Probably also some guests from the Netherlands and maybe Monaco, as they seem to have a close personal friendship with the the wedding of 2013!!!

P.S. Maybe I should start tiaraholics anonymous. My tiara addictions has become far too time consuming and quite obsessive lately .
Old 12-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

P.S. Maybe I should start tiaraholics anonymous. My tiara addictions has become far too time consuming and quite obsessive lately .
Tilia - I am all in for it - I am also already getting some withdrawal symptoms...
Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Gentry

Well, morning weddings have never been a tradition in Sweden. The late king was an anglophile and that and his two English wives affected the traditions in the royal family. I think Madeleine's wedding will be a white tie event and even if it will be smaller than Victoria's I think it will not be as moderate as prince Joachim's second wedding.

I really hope Madeleine will wear the cameo diadem. I think it looks wonderful as a wedding tiara and I love the fact that the hight and gold remind me of traditional Swedish bridal crowns. I always thought the diadem would look even better against blond hair but I still think it will be the best choice for Madeleine. It is actually quite strange that there is no bridal crown in the Bernadotte family. Maybe it is since the family was not swedish. Most important noble families have their own bridal crown.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are great photoshopped pictures of Madeleine's possible wedding tiaras made by Her_Majesty:

Cameo tiara 2
Connaught tiara
Baden Fringe tiara
Nine Prong tiara
Modern Fringe tiara

The Cameo tiara looks great on her! The Connaught also looks great on Madeleine. I think the Baden Fringe tiara would make a fantastic wedding tiara but as I said before, I doubt she will ever wear it. I also highly doubt she will wear the Nine Prong tiara or the Modern Fringe tiara at her wedding.

PS: Thank you Her_Majesty for making these!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm a traditionalist and would like to see her in the Cameo tiara as worn by the other royal brides.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm a traditionalist and would like to see her in the Cameo tiara as worn by the other royal brides.
Me, too!
And; it looks, as if they want to use the Cameo as a "starting tradition" for many female royal Swedish Brides, I really like this approach.

And due to the darker hair of Madeleine (which is for sure a great improvement) the tiara will look great on her, I am sure.
BYe Bine