Princess Madeleine: Possible Wedding Tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we have not seen it at the Nobel dinners i think the Cameo is the strongest contender

As we have not seen it at the Nobel dinners i think the Cameo is the strongest contender
I agree :flowers:.
And I hope that the Connaught tiara will again be the "sister-of-the-bride-tiara".
Will Silvia wear the Branganca tiara again? I can't wait to see!

Last edited:
I suspect Madeleine will wear the Cameo and Victoria will wear the Baden fringe. Silvia's is trickier to guess: I am hoping to see her in the newly re-emerged emeralds and the Braganza tiara. If not, the trusty sapphires can always be brought out again.

I would like see amethyst tiara on her at her wedding day

I would like see amethyst tiara on her at her wedding day

It will be quite an unusual choice for a bride to wear a coloured tiara though. Further, she has already worn it once this year, IMO she is hardly likely to repeat it so quickly.

My guess is also the Cameo tiara for Madeleibne. As for Silvia i don't think she will wear the Braganza tiara. perhaps the leuchtenberg sapphires or the nine pronge tiara with either the pink topaz demi Parure or the emeralds. Or if they have really the pink tormalines bought back that would be a good occasion to use them for the first time.
For Victoria i wouldlike to see the Connaught tiara or if Silvia doesn't wear it the nine pronge tiara. also interesting will be to see which tiara the King's sisters will wear as i guess they will all attend. At last Princess Christina and Pricness Bighitta will wear tiaras from the Bernadotte foundation as Princess Birgitta's pearl tiara is now owned by her daugher Désirée.

I hope not to see the prongs at the wedding: It's too much of Silvia's "everyday tiara" to be used at such a special occasion as Madeleine's wedding. And I can't imagine it on Victoria's straight hairdo. Also I hope that Brigitta won't choose it again, it certainly was no success for her.

As for the pink turmaline parure: yes, that's the one I want to see! But being pessimistic, I guess that they will keep it hidden in the vaults sometime longer.

I am kind of hoping the wedding will be a rather low key morning event in the palace chapel for the 4th in line to the throne.

But morning weddings aren't what the Skandinavian royals usually do. Both in Norway and in Denmark the weddings of the other children of the monarchs were afternoon weddings and white tie. Also I have seen many pictures of Victoria and Madeleine attending weddings of their friends, and I seem to remember a great number of evening gowns and not morning attire at all.
Besides it doesn't matter so much which number she is in the line of the succession. She is a daughter of the current monarch.

True, although the King's own wedding was not a tiara event in 1976. If Maddy wants a low key life with her hubby living abroad she may as well start with her wedding. If the wedding is to be held in the palace chapel I assume space will limit the size of the guest list compared to the numbers the catherdral could hold.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the wedding is a tiara event then I predict Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe Tiara and Silvia will wear the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara. I also predict Madeleine will wear the Cameo Tiara.

Though I don't know of specific tiaras, I liked the headpiece for Daniel and Victoria's wedding. If I'm correct I believe it was the same crown that was worn by her majesty Queen Sylvia. I was taken by it and knew she was something ethereal with the white wedding dress and decorated veil. For Madeleine I hope the wedding is big and that she may wear any tiara traditional or even new and especially made just for the day of eternal entwinement. Maybe a crown with gold and antiqueness in shaping or form would be delightful. Whatever she goes with, may she know she makes effortless graceful and that she will be ever the bride maiden if simple is her choice. I'm hoping for everything big though, I can tell she is deserving... she is otherworld.

Last edited:
Somehow the Cameo Tiara isn't Madeleine's style at all, she should be wearing something that suits her style, like the Modern Fringe Tiara or the Connaught Tiara.

It's true that the king's wedding was a morning wedding, but that was 35 years ago and wedding traditions in Sweden have changed since, late afternoon weddings are popular now, even among commoners, with a dinner and dance afterwards and that means evening gowns and for royals (and others who own them) tiaras. For Madeleine's wedding I think the guest list will be mostly family and friends, with royal guests from the other Scandinavian families, and not from Continental royal families unless they are personal friends of Madeleine. I would think the wedding will be "private" in the way that few representatives for the official Sweden will be invited, only those who have some kind of connection to Madeleine personally, so the smaller size of the royal chapel wouldn't be a problem.

Madeleine's wedding will surely be smaller and less of a state occasion than Victoria's. Probably a private pre-wedding party instead of a big concert, fewer guests, especially fewer official representatives.
But I still think that it will be a tiara affair (which is most important to me). There probably will be most members of the extended family: her aunts, many of the comital Bernadottes, most royals from Denmark and Norway, probably also some from Luxembourg. Probably also some guests from the Netherlands and maybe Monaco, as they seem to have a close personal friendship with the the wedding of 2013!!!:D

P.S. Maybe I should start tiaraholics anonymous. My tiara addictions has become far too time consuming and quite obsessive lately ;).

Well, morning weddings have never been a tradition in Sweden. The late king was an anglophile and that and his two English wives affected the traditions in the royal family. I think Madeleine's wedding will be a white tie event and even if it will be smaller than Victoria's I think it will not be as moderate as prince Joachim's second wedding.

I really hope Madeleine will wear the cameo diadem. I think it looks wonderful as a wedding tiara and I love the fact that the hight and gold remind me of traditional Swedish bridal crowns. I always thought the diadem would look even better against blond hair but I still think it will be the best choice for Madeleine. It is actually quite strange that there is no bridal crown in the Bernadotte family. Maybe it is since the family was not swedish. Most important noble families have their own bridal crown.

Here are great photoshopped pictures of Madeleine's possible wedding tiaras made by Her_Majesty:

Cameo tiara 2
Connaught tiara
Baden Fringe tiara
Nine Prong tiara
Modern Fringe tiara

The Cameo tiara looks great on her! The Connaught also looks great on Madeleine. I think the Baden Fringe tiara would make a fantastic wedding tiara but as I said before, I doubt she will ever wear it. I also highly doubt she will wear the Nine Prong tiara or the Modern Fringe tiara at her wedding.

PS: Thank you Her_Majesty for making these!

Last edited:
I'm a traditionalist and would like to see her in the Cameo tiara as worn by the other royal brides.

I'm a traditionalist and would like to see her in the Cameo tiara as worn by the other royal brides.

Me, too!
And; it looks, as if they want to use the Cameo as a "starting tradition" for many female royal Swedish Brides, I really like this approach.

And due to the darker hair of Madeleine (which is for sure a great improvement) the tiara will look great on her, I am sure.
BYe Bine

I don't think that four royal brides wearing the cameo tiara makes it a tradition. I do hope Madeleine chooses another tiara, as I don't like the cameo and don't think it suits Madeleine's style. I would love to see her in a soft romantic wedding dress and the cameo tiara would be to severe.

Last edited:
I agree. I also love the Cameo. I know it's very ornate and very much a statement piece, but I think that it's stunning when worn correctly as it was at Victoria's wedding.

That being said- I'm not sure that it would suit Madeleine as well as it suited Victoria.

Why would it boot suit Madeline as much as it did Victoria? I feel it did well for the sisters of the king as well as Her Majesty Queen Silvia on her day as well. I feel it would not only do well for Madeline as she like her sister, mother and aunts before her, would do it the justice it deserves!
...due to the darker hair of Madeleine (which is for sure a great improvement) the tiara will look great on her, I am sure.
Couldn't agree more!
Here are great photoshopped pictures of Madeleine's possible wedding tiaras made by Her_Majesty... Thank you Her_Majesty for making these!
Yes! Thank you, Her Majesty! These are beautiful and I enjoyed looking at them. The cameo on Madeline only reaffirmed my feelings on which tiara I would love to see her wear on her special day -hope its the one! If not i think that the Connaught Tiara is nice as well.

USCtrojan said:
Why would it boot suit Madeline as much as it did Victoria? I feel it did well for the sisters of the king as well as Her Majesty Queen Silvia on her day as well. I feel it would not only do well for Madeline as she like her sister, mother and aunts before her, would do it the justice it deserves!

I didn't mean that as an insult to Madeleine in any way. I think she might be the most classically beautiful princess there is. I just meant that Victoria has very strong features and that combined with her position as heir made the Cameo seem so appropriate and wonderful. I see Madeleine as more of a fairy tale princess. I can see her really looking wonderful in some of the more ethereal tiaras in the collection.

But no doubt that she'll look lovely in the Cameo too if it's what she chooses.

No worries! I didn't think you meant it as an insult.
When you put it like that -I agree that she is for sure the more fairy tale of princesses.
I'm excited to see her dress as well as her tiara!

One night I had a dream about Madeleines entrance in the royal palace church at her wedding. She had a cream coloured wedding dress and wore the modern fringe tiara and the Vasa earrings. Time will tell if My dream was right 

But i'm a traditionalist and hoping for the Cameo.

not longe before we get an answear.
Cameo is still my best bet

I hope to see princess Lillans tiara in the wedding. Either on the bride or some other of the royal ladies

I hope to see princess Lillans tiara in the wedding. Either on the bride or some other of the royal ladies
As princess Lilian's tiara can also be worn as a necklace, it would be nice if either Madeleine or Victoria wore it as such: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Lilian's Laurel Wreath Tiara
(Madeleine as a bride wearing the Connaught tiara and the laurel necklace the same way as her great-grandmother Margareta in the photo would be wow!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom