The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Baden Fringe is beautiful, but I don't think she will wear it since Queen Victoria of Sweden wanted the tiara to be only worn by Queens and Crown Princesses. Even though the King's sisters have worn it. I think the Baden Fringe would be a very great wedding tiara.
It's also Crown Princess Victoria's signature piece, so I doubt it'll be the one.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
Interesting, I did not know that. Excuse my ignorance, but what is the reasoning behind that?
I have no idea, I would like to know that too.

Here are all the tiaras Madeleine has worn:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Madeleine's Tiaras

Maybe the Cameo will be added!

Old 10-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Some Swedish churchs had their own wedding crowns which brides who married in that church could use on their wedding day. Margarethe married at the church near Solliden on the island of Oland and chose to wear the church wedding crown.

PRINCESS WEDS JOHN AMBLER - British Pathé
Old 10-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
Actually I kind of agree with you! Personally, to me, it looks like tinsel. But Madeline has worn it before and she looks good with it on, so that is my reasoning behind my opinion.
I think it looks more like a barbed wire fence, myself
Old 10-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMess View Post
I think it looks more like a barbed wire fence, myself
Good analogy!! By the way, your screen name is hysterical.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why not make the Cyclops the center of a brand-new tiara that would be her very own?
(I really don't much care for any of those tiaras, they all look too large or too skimpy, imo).
Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I would be surprised if Madeleine wore the Connaught tiara at her wedding, she has only worn it once earlier at Victoria's wedding, so I would be surprised if she wore it again. I also think the Cameo, traditions aside, is really not one that would work for her. Where does that leave us? Modern fringe, which is think really works for Maddie could be a contender, as could the 4 or 6 button tiara, which I think she carries of very well. Alternately, there is always the chance that her parents get her something new for her wedding, they assemble a tiara from existing jewels in the family collection or the foundation.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I would be surprised if Madeleine wore the Connaught tiara at her wedding, she has only worn it once earlier at Victoria's wedding, so I would be surprised if she wore it again. I also think the Cameo, traditions aside, is really not one that would work for her. Where does that leave us? Modern fringe, which is think really works for Maddie could be a contender, as could the 4 or 6 button tiara, which I think she carries of very well. Alternately, there is always the chance that her parents get her something new for her wedding, they assemble a tiara from existing jewels in the family collection or the foundation.
Yes!!! The fringe would look spectacular!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

During the last few years the fringe has been exclusively and frequently worn by Victoria. I think that it will stay reserved for the Crown Princess.

The modern fringe was worn so often by Madeleine, that it wouldn't be special enough for her wedding day, imho.

One of the button tiaras? Please, only if they decide to design a really nice new setting for some of the buttons.

Madeleine already wore the Connaught tiara. Therefore I think that she never intended to wear it for her own special day, or she would have saved it.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
During the last few years the fringe has been exclusively and frequently worn by Victoria. I think that it will stay reserved for the Crown Princess.

The modern fringe was worn so often by Madeleine, that it wouldn't be special enough for her wedding day, imho.

One of the button tiaras? Please, only if they decide to design a really nice new setting for some of the buttons.

Madeleine already wore the Connaught tiara. Therefore I think that she never intended to wear it for her own special day, or she would have saved it.
Maybe Queen Silvia is hiding an unknown tiara that she will bust out for Madeline!! LOL
Old 10-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Nobility

I think and i hope it's very likely that we Will see Madeleine in the Cameo tiara at her wedding. As she will likely never be our first lady her wedding will probably be her only chance to wear it.

If she want's an another tiara i vote for the baden fringe tiara . It would look lovely as a wedding tiara.

I did not liked the connaught tiara at Madeleine at Victorias wedding. Silvia and Christina are the only of the current royal ladies i think suits in the connaught tiara.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Hans-Rickard;1478443]I think and i hope it's very likely that we Will see Madeleine in the Cameo tiara at her wedding. As she will likely never be our first lady her wedding will probably be her only chance to wear it.

If she want's an another tiara i vote for the baden fringe tiara . It would look lovely as a wedding tiara.

I did not liked the connaught tiara at Madeleine at Victorias wedding. Silvia and Christina are the only of the current royal ladies i think suits in the connaught tiara.[/QUOTE

IMO, Queen Silvia looks good in all tiaras - she just has that way about her!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm thinking she'll go for the traditional wedding cameo tiara.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Gentry

I think with the right dress she could totally rock the Cameo tiara. I think she'll figure out a way to make the wedding look her own while keeping with the Cameo.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Courtier

I also think Madeleine will wear the Cameo Tiara. And I bet she will make it work. :-)
Old 10-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Aristocracy

I think Madeleine looked beautiful in the Connaught tiara at Victoria's wedding and would love to see it on her again!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Serene Highness

I believe that princess Madeline would look nice in using the Connaught tiara as a brisk tiara, or Luke I posted earlier will wear the bridal tiara that her sister and mother wore.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
I also think Madeleine will wear the Cameo Tiara. And I bet she will make it work. :-)
Madeleine even made the four-buttons tiara work for her. So I'm also convinced that she can carry of the Cameo.
She has a great sense of style, great hair, and she knows how to do a tiara. Whichever tiara she chooses, it will be stunning.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Madeleine even made the four-buttons tiara work for her. So I'm also convinced that she can carry of the Cameo.
She has a great sense of style, great hair, and she knows how to do a tiara. Whichever tiara she chooses, it will be stunning.
Yes, if anyone can make the button work it is Madeline!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Nobility

Ok - here are my thoughts:
with Madeleine still being blond, the Cameo tiara would never work.
It is really interesting, how dark her hair is getting by now....

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Large pics

...one hint, that she will go for the Cameo?

Baden fringe - is the signature piece of Victoria, so not very likely
Connaught - I would love it, I thought she really looked nice at her sisters wedding, but maybe also a hint, that she will not wear it now
Contemporary - this is really HER signature piece, but would you wear on your wedding day what you have worn several times before?
Aquamarine Kokoshnik - it is still in the family - owned by Princess Margaretha
Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara « Knowing The Royals
I am sure, it would look stunning on Madeleine, but I guess the chance is rather small

So - most likely the Cameo I would say