The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2012, 05:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I feel relatively certain it will be the Cameo. The Swedish Royal Family are pretty devoted to that one as a wedding tiara.
Princess Christina wore the Connaught tiara, and Madeleine looked lovely wearing it at Victoria's wedding, so I hope she will chose it instead of the cameo, as I don't think it will suit her. At Victoria's wedding: http://tinyurl.com/c9zjfwc

Old 10-25-2012, 05:23 AM
Serene Highness

I'll be suprised if she wears something other than the cameo.
Those royals sure know how to keep us on our toes. I was already feeling a sullen about the lack of coming tiara events after the Luxembourg wedding, but now this... :)

Old 10-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Royal Highness

I think that she will mark the occasion by wearing a tiara which she hasn't worn before. That's why I bet on the cameo, as she has already worn the Connaught at Victoria's wedding.
The cameo is not my favourite tiara. But Victoria looked really glorious on her wedding day, and I believe that Madeleine can achieve the same.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:08 AM
Serene Highness

I am hoping for the Cameo. Even if the "tradition" of wearing the Cameo at the Wedding of the House of Sweden is not yet very old, I like this one verry much and I think, this should be continued
Bye Bine
Old 10-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ughh. I am not a fan of the cameo tiara.sorry!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope that she will wear the Cameo. If not, the Connaught.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Royal Highness

Mad doesn't strike me as someone who'd want to follow in her sister's footsteps, or be compared to her sister. For this reason I'd be very surprised if she wore the Cameo tiara. I"m hoping for one of the Connaught tiaras, expecially the ruby one.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm hoping for any other tiara than the Cameo. Victoria used it so Madeleine can very well use some other tiara. If she uses Connaught I hope she will have a better hairdo than at Victoria's wedding.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Nobility

Although I really hope for another tiara - I fear it will be the Cameo - too much tradition by now, although my fellow posters seem to be right - Madeleine seems to be not exactly the tradition follower....
My choice would be something nice and delicate .....
Old 10-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Princess Madeleine never wore the Baden fringe tiara; the diamond tiara worn most frequently be her is her mother's, acquired in the late 1980s.

Again, the 'tradition' of wearing the cameo tiara for a wedding only goes back to the 1960s and the King's sisters. It remains to be seen whether the royal family itself considers it a tradition to follow it or not.

The Connaught tiara, private property of the King, would certainly be lovely for Madeleine.
Then, there's also the 'lost' large aquamarine tiara of the King's sister Princess Margaretha, whereabouts unknown as of now, which would look perfect on Madeleine, and if the tiara should make a re-appearance in the main branch of the family, her wedding might be the fitting occasion for it.

I very much doubt that she is going to wear her small 18th birthday aquamarine bandeau.
I agree about the Connaught tiara, Madeline would look splendid in that one!!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I must be the only person who just doesn't really care for the Connaught. The big loops just don't do it for me, and I feel like the first time Madeleine wore it, it made her head look flat.

It's a nice tiara, just not my favorite. I really do believe she'll stick with the wedding tradition on this one.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I must be the only person who just doesn't really care for the Connaught. The big loops just don't do it for me, and I feel like the first time Madeleine wore it, it made her head look flat.

It's a nice tiara, just not my favorite. I really do believe she'll stick with the wedding tradition on this one.
Actually I kind of agree with you! Personally, to me, it looks like tinsel. But Madeline has worn it before and she looks good with it on, so that is my reasoning behind my opinion.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
Quote:

Actually I kind of agree with you! Personally, to me, it looks like tinsel. But Madeline has worn it before and she looks good with it on, so that is my reasoning behind my opinion.
Tinsel! Finally someone who thinks the same as I do. I thought the only thing missing when Madeleine wore it were the wings and a wand!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
i know the cameo has tradition, but i think she will not wear it for the wedding. i think its not Madeleine's style and taste and even though King CG sisters wore, Vicoria is a future queen and the cameo might start being' used for future queens only.
we shall see.

but i want to see a tiara that Madeleine hasn't wore yet.
I'm with you on this one. I think Madeleine tends toward a more feminine and frilly style and the Cameo needs strong features to carry it off. Add the obligatory lace veil and I think poor Madeleine will be swamped.

On the same theme, the Connaught is a very light and fairytale type tiara and the historic lace veil would literally bury it. So . . . I'm voting for either something we haven't seen her wear before or the Fringe.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Tinsel! Finally someone who thinks the same as I do. I thought the only thing missing when Madeleine wore it were the wings and a wand!!

I'm with you on this one. I think Madeleine tends toward a more feminine and frilly style and the Cameo needs strong features to carry it off. Add the obligatory lace veil and I think poor Madeleine will be swamped.

On the same theme, the Connaught is a very light and fairytale type tiara and the historic lace veil would literally bury it. So . . . I'm voting for either something we haven't seen her wear before or the Fringe.
That's exactly it!!! It looks like a fairytale tiara!!! But that style would suit Madeline, I just don't think the cameo fits her personality.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Heir Apparent

With the Connaught and Charlene's ethereal type of veil, she would indeed look like a Fairytale Princess.

Perhaps that is what is needed. Victoria looked majestic and regal so perhaps it is for Madeleine to be who she is and not a pale imitation of her mother (a Queen) and her sister (a future Queen), but Madeleine, a fairytale princess (just for the day)!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
With the Connaught and Charlene's ethereal type of veil, she would indeed look like a Fairytale Princess.

Perhaps that is what is needed. Victoria looked majestic and regal so perhaps it is for Madeleine to be who she is and not a pale imitation of her mother (a Queen) and her sister (a future Queen), but Madeleine, a fairytale princess (just for the day)!
That's actually quite a nice idea. I like that concept for her.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she won't wear a tiara at all. Maybe if she marries in a church that has its own traditional wedding crown she will wear it. One of the kings sisters did just that, Margarethe I believe when she wed John Amber.

Here is wedding video

PRINCESS WEDS JOHN AMBLER - British Pathé.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Maybe she won't wear a tiara at all. Maybe if she marries in a church that has its own traditional wedding crown she will wear it. One of the kings sisters did just that, Margarethe I believe when she wed John Amber or possibly Desiree.
It is very exciting that right after the beautiful wedding in Luxembourg, Madeline got engaged!!! Cannot wait!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

The Baden Fringe is beautiful, but I don't think she will wear it since Queen Victoria of Sweden wanted the tiara to be only worn by Queens and Crown Princesses. Even though the King's sisters have worn it. I think the Baden Fringe would be a very great wedding tiara.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Baden Fringe is beautiful, but I don't think she will wear it since Queen Victoria of Sweden wanted the tiara to be only worn by Queens and Crown Princesses. Even though the King's sisters have worn it. I think the Baden Fringe would be a very great wedding tiara.
Interesting, I did not know that. Excuse my ignorance, but what is the reasoning behind that?