The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Princess Eugenie wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 0 0%
Papyrus Tiara 2 1.79%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 0 0%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 3 2.68%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 0 0%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 7 6.25%
Teck Crescent Tiara 1 0.89%
York Tiara 97 86.61%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 0 0%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.), please specify 1 0.89%
Other, please specify 1 0.89%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 08-09-2018, 10:41 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,820
Of course there is a chance she could wear it..I just don't think it will happen. She'll have the York tiara on is my guess. No reason really to think she wouldn't.


LaRae
__________________

  #122  
Old 08-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Fergie only owns one tiara. Her daughters are members of the royal family. People who point Eugenie didn't wear a tiara to a recent event forget in the Uk women don't wear them till married traditionally.
That's not true. That's actually more of a recent development. Princess Margaret and Princess Anne both wore tiaras prior to being married.
__________________

  #123  
Old 08-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 5,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
If the tiara is in good enough condition to wear, yes. It belongs to the queen and no reason to think she won't loan her granddaughter a tiara.

Fergie only owns one tiara. Her daughters are members of the royal family. People who point Eugenie didn't wear a tiara to a recent event forget in the Uk women don't wear them till married traditionally.

She does look a lot like the queen mum. And the tiara would suit her worn on her forehead. I would love a dress inspired by that era.
It's an often repeated myth that only married women wore tiaras. Some noble families might have this tradition. But most royal families, the British included, didn't have this rule. Even in Princess Victoria, who never married, wore tiaras. And as was already mentioned, both Anne and Margret wore frequently wore tiaras before their marriage.

I somehow don't think that Eugenie will chanel her great-granny's look on her wedding day. Wearing a tiara on the forehead was quite 1920s, and I think she'll opt for a more contemporary look.

It can't be ruled out that she'll borrow a tiara from the Queen, but I don't think that she will. Neither Kelly nor Zara did, both wore one of Anne's tiaras. Sarah's tiara is really beautiful, and both girls are very close to their mother. So I'll be really surprised if she wears something other than Fergie's tiara.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #124  
Old 08-10-2018, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It's an often repeated myth that only married women wore tiaras. Some noble families might have this tradition. But most royal families, the British included, didn't have this rule. Even in Princess Victoria, who never married, wore tiaras. And as was already mentioned, both Anne and Margret wore frequently wore tiaras before their marriage.

I somehow don't think that Eugenie will chanel her great-granny's look on her wedding day. Wearing a tiara on the forehead was quite 1920s, and I think she'll opt for a more contemporary look.

It can't be ruled out that she'll borrow a tiara from the Queen, but I don't think that she will. Neither Kelly nor Zara did, both wore one of Anne's tiaras. Sarah's tiara is really beautiful, and both girls are very close to their mother. So I'll be really surprised if she wears something other than Fergie's tiara.
Exactly and Princess Alexandra also wore tiaras once she hit 18, long before she married. In the same vein Alexandra wore the tiara worn by her mother on her wedding day as did Anne who wore the same one her mother wore and Helen Windsor wore the base of her mother's wedding tiara as well etc. I do think E will wear her mother's also as they are close and I think it will be beautiful.
  #125  
Old 08-13-2018, 02:24 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 251
I just can't even deal with the image of Eugenie stepping out of the bridal car, wearing some retro 20s bridal gown, and her great-grandmother's tiara on her forehead. It will be like the rising ghost of the Queen Mother! Kinda freaky, but amazing at the same time. I'm weird like that.
  #126  
Old 10-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Kaizen's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Third Rock From the Sun, United States
Posts: 36
But even more exciting, Eugenie's dress and tiara debut!
  #127  
Old 10-07-2018, 11:35 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 14,461
I think many people have been waiting for The York Tiara to be worn again. I’m sure Sarah would like her daughters to make use of it at their weddings.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #128  
Old 10-08-2018, 02:36 AM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 2,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think many people have been waiting for The York Tiara to be worn again. Iím sure Sarah would like her daughters to make use of it at their weddings.


This is what Iím hoping for. That thing of Beauty has gone being unseen for far too long IMO!!
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
  #129  
Old 10-08-2018, 03:03 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
This is what Iím hoping for. That thing of Beauty has gone being unseen for far too long IMO!!
It's definitely a lovely tiara. My only critique there is that Beatrice will likely use it someday and she'll probably inherit it as the eldest daughter. Where the other royal brides in sibling sets used different tiaras from each other. Elizabeth and Margaret wore different wedding tiaras. Anne, Diana, Sarah, and Sophie all wore different tiaras. Serena and Lady Sarah had different tiaras. Autumn and Zara had different tiaras. Catherine and Meghan had different tiaras.

Though it's a beautiful tiara it just seems a little redundant for Bea and Eugenie to use the same one, though I guess it speaks to the bond between the three York women. I suppose I'm still hoping Eugenie goes with a surprise from her grandmother's vault.
  #130  
Old 10-08-2018, 03:30 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Top End, Australia
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
It's definitely a lovely tiara. My only critique there is that Beatrice will likely use it someday and she'll probably inherit it as the eldest daughter. Where the other royal brides in sibling sets used different tiaras from each other. Elizabeth and Margaret wore different wedding tiaras. Anne, Diana, Sarah, and Sophie all wore different tiaras. Serena and Lady Sarah had different tiaras. Autumn and Zara had different tiaras. Catherine and Meghan had different tiaras.

Though it's a beautiful tiara it just seems a little redundant for Bea and Eugenie to use the same one, though I guess it speaks to the bond between the three York women. I suppose I'm still hoping Eugenie goes with a surprise from her grandmother's vault.
Diana wore her familyís tiara. Other women marrying into the family (with the exception on Camilla) do not come from noble families and therefore did not have family tiaras to wear. Itís traditional for brides to wear the family tiara (some families happen to have more than one) and so no reason why both Beatrice and Eugenie could not wear it.
  #131  
Old 10-08-2018, 03:34 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,132
Actually, Diana and her sisters all wore the Spencer tiara for their weddings.

The only sisters in your comparisons were the Queen and her sister.
  #132  
Old 10-08-2018, 04:08 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Actually, Diana and her sisters all wore the Spencer tiara for their weddings.

The only sisters in your comparisons were the Queen and her sister.
Umm, as you see I was talking about BRF weddings hence all my examples being weddings of children and grandchildren of George VI and Elizabeth II. And I said sibling sets, not sisters.
Peter and Zara are brother and sister, that makes them siblings, their weddings featured different tiaras on Autumn and Zara. And the same goes for the other examples I gave. Hope this helps your misunderstanding of my previous post.
  #133  
Old 10-08-2018, 04:29 AM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
It's definitely a lovely tiara. My only critique there is that Beatrice will likely use it someday and she'll probably inherit it as the eldest daughter. Where the other royal brides in sibling sets used different tiaras from each other. Elizabeth and Margaret wore different wedding tiaras. Anne, Diana, Sarah, and Sophie all wore different tiaras. Serena and Lady Sarah had different tiaras. Autumn and Zara had different tiaras. Catherine and Meghan had different tiaras.

Though it's a beautiful tiara it just seems a little redundant for Bea and Eugenie to use the same one, though I guess it speaks to the bond between the three York women. I suppose I'm still hoping Eugenie goes with a surprise from her grandmother's vault.
On contrary, because Beatrice will inherit the tiara it makes MORE sense for Eugenie to wear it now. It may be her only opportunity.
  #134  
Old 10-08-2018, 04:41 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
On contrary, because Beatrice will inherit the tiara it makes MORE sense for Eugenie to wear it now. It may be her only opportunity.
Maybe. I just see it as, they're going to have to wear different tiaras in the future anyway especially around Charles' and William's coronations events. The tiara will become strongly associated with Beatrice through the years. Like I said I'd rather be surprised with something from the vaults, something this generation can strongly associate with Eugenie by herself.

But as I acknowledged in my other post, the same tiara would speak to the bond of the three York women. And considering Eugenie's engagement ring is an ode to her mother's I can see her strongly tempted by the York tiara.
  #135  
Old 10-08-2018, 05:34 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Umm, as you see I was talking about BRF weddings hence all my examples being weddings of children and grandchildren of George VI and Elizabeth II. And I said sibling sets, not sisters.
Peter and Zara are brother and sister, that makes them siblings, their weddings featured different tiaras on Autumn and Zara. And the same goes for the other examples I gave. Hope this helps your misunderstanding of my precious post.
Women joining the BRF as sisters-in-law are not good comparisons. My point about Diana’s tiara stands- she wore her family tiara. No misunderstanding, I just disagree.
Precious post, hmm-well okay then.
  #136  
Old 10-08-2018, 05:53 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Women joining the BRF as sisters-in-law are not good comparisons. My point about Diana’s tiara stands- she wore her family tiara. No misunderstanding, I just disagree.
Precious post, hmm-well okay then.
Alrighty. Then if you think sister-in-laws are completely different to sisters, then I'm not sure why you used the Spencer analogy as Earl Spencer's bride also wore the same tiara as his sisters. So that becomes my sibling set argument. So now we see how the Spencer sibling set vastly differed from all the BRF siblings sets I mentioned. As Eugenie is a member of the BRF, I'm less interested in applying Spencer norms to her.

And Eugenie wearing one of her grandmother's tiaras would be a 'family tiara'. The two women are related after all.
  #137  
Old 10-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,820
I can't imagine Eugenie would not wear her mother's tiara. She will likely only get to /need to wear a tiara 2 or 3 times in her life and she and her mother are close. Heck her engagement ring is even similar to her mother's. I expect her to wear the York tiara, I would be surprised if she didn't.


LaRae
  #138  
Old 10-08-2018, 09:05 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,711
I am sure Eugenie will wear a tiara that makes her, her mum and dad happy. Whatever that turns out to be.
__________________
"And the tabloid press will be a pain in the ass, as usual." - Royal Norway
  #139  
Old 10-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,099
I would love to see her wear a new tiara as a gift from her grandmother. The private collection is so full of wonderful jewels and there are not longer much chances to wear these marvellous pieces, so giving Eugenie a tiara to keep (and wear to the next kings' coronations) is some sort of prizeless gift. Even if the tiara at first reverts to HM, then Charles and in the end William to save inheritance taxes for Eugenie. I think it's about time to treat the York-princesses as princesses of the blood by allowing them the things all other princesses found "normal" - including Margaret and Anne.
  #140  
Old 10-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Maybe. I just see it as, they're going to have to wear different tiaras in the future anyway especially around Charles' and William's coronations events. The tiara will become strongly associated with Beatrice through the years. Like I said I'd rather be surprised with something from the vaults, something this generation can strongly associate with Eugenie by herself.

But as I acknowledged in my other post, the same tiara would speak to the bond of the three York women. And considering Eugenie's engagement ring is an ode to her mother's I can see her strongly tempted by the York tiara.
One thing is that this Queen tend to not loan out family tiaras so much. She didn't for Zara or Autumn nor Margaret's daughter or daughter-in-law. The tradition under this Queen has been wear something that's already in the immediate family (even if by loan), except for the Wales boys' bride, who will need a tiara more often than her other grandchildren/in-law. What will be interesting is to see what happens when Louise get married as there isn't a tiara that's entirely diamonds and the BRF brides tend not to wear colored stones on their wedding day. But with York family, there is already one in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I would love to see her wear a new tiara as a gift from her grandmother. The private collection is so full of wonderful jewels and there are not longer much chances to wear these marvellous pieces, so giving Eugenie a tiara to keep (and wear to the next kings' coronations) is some sort of prizeless gift. Even if the tiara at first reverts to HM, then Charles and in the end William to save inheritance taxes for Eugenie. I think it's about time to treat the York-princesses as princesses of the blood by allowing them the things all other princesses found "normal" - including Margaret and Anne.
I don't think the BRF has anything in the private collection anymore. Everything is part of the "vault" now, which doesn't belong to the Queen personally. I don't believe Anne owns any of the BRF tiaras. She does own the Festoon and Key Meander, neither of which were owned by BRF. The Festoon was gifted to her and the Key Meander belonged to Prince Philip's mother. I can't remember when was the last time that Princess Anne wore a tiara belonging to the vault. Her wedding day? As or Margaret, the only tiara I can remember her wearing after marriage that belonged to the vault is Lotus Flower. Everything else belonged to her personally.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Wedding Dress for Princess Eugenie of York - Suggestions and Musings Zonk The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 205 10-11-2018 03:15 PM
Meghan Markle: Wedding Tiara and Jewelry Suggestions and Musings Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 999 05-19-2018 06:02 AM
Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings Duchessmary Royal Jewels General Discussion 1392 04-29-2011 05:52 AM




Popular Tags
biography british royal family britishroyals camilla clothes commonwealth games crown princess victoria current events current events thread denmark discuss„o documentary duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of edinburgh duke of york dutch royal family family fashion felipe vi forum general royal discussion genetics gloucester gordon hohenzollern jack brooksbank juan carlos kate middleton king felipe and queen letizia current events king willem-alexander ladies-in-waiting lineage meghan markle member monarchy porphyria prince charles prince charles; biographies; tom bower prince harry prince harry of wales princenapoleon prince of belgium princess alexia princess beatrice princess claire princess diana princess eugenie public image queen elisabeth queen elizabeth queen maxima quizz remarriage royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding sarah duchess of york smith state visit surname sweden swedish royal registry tradition visit from sweden wedding windsor windsor castle ww1



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises