The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Princess Eugenie wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 0 0%
Papyrus Tiara 2 2.33%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 0 0%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 3 3.49%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 0 0%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 6 6.98%
Teck Crescent Tiara 1 1.16%
York Tiara 72 83.72%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 0 0%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.), please specify 1 1.16%
Other, please specify 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2018, 10:41 AM
Majesty

Of course there is a chance she could wear it..I just don't think it will happen. She'll have the York tiara on is my guess. No reason really to think she wouldn't.

LaRae

Old 08-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Fergie only owns one tiara. Her daughters are members of the royal family. People who point Eugenie didn't wear a tiara to a recent event forget in the Uk women don't wear them till married traditionally.
That's not true. That's actually more of a recent development. Princess Margaret and Princess Anne both wore tiaras prior to being married.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
If the tiara is in good enough condition to wear, yes. It belongs to the queen and no reason to think she won't loan her granddaughter a tiara.

Fergie only owns one tiara. Her daughters are members of the royal family. People who point Eugenie didn't wear a tiara to a recent event forget in the Uk women don't wear them till married traditionally.

She does look a lot like the queen mum. And the tiara would suit her worn on her forehead. I would love a dress inspired by that era.
It's an often repeated myth that only married women wore tiaras. Some noble families might have this tradition. But most royal families, the British included, didn't have this rule. Even in Princess Victoria, who never married, wore tiaras. And as was already mentioned, both Anne and Margret wore frequently wore tiaras before their marriage.

I somehow don't think that Eugenie will chanel her great-granny's look on her wedding day. Wearing a tiara on the forehead was quite 1920s, and I think she'll opt for a more contemporary look.

It can't be ruled out that she'll borrow a tiara from the Queen, but I don't think that she will. Neither Kelly nor Zara did, both wore one of Anne's tiaras. Sarah's tiara is really beautiful, and both girls are very close to their mother. So I'll be really surprised if she wears something other than Fergie's tiara.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It's an often repeated myth that only married women wore tiaras. Some noble families might have this tradition. But most royal families, the British included, didn't have this rule. Even in Princess Victoria, who never married, wore tiaras. And as was already mentioned, both Anne and Margret wore frequently wore tiaras before their marriage.

I somehow don't think that Eugenie will chanel her great-granny's look on her wedding day. Wearing a tiara on the forehead was quite 1920s, and I think she'll opt for a more contemporary look.

It can't be ruled out that she'll borrow a tiara from the Queen, but I don't think that she will. Neither Kelly nor Zara did, both wore one of Anne's tiaras. Sarah's tiara is really beautiful, and both girls are very close to their mother. So I'll be really surprised if she wears something other than Fergie's tiara.
Exactly and Princess Alexandra also wore tiaras once she hit 18, long before she married. In the same vein Alexandra wore the tiara worn by her mother on her wedding day as did Anne who wore the same one her mother wore and Helen Windsor wore the base of her mother's wedding tiara as well etc. I do think E will wear her mother's also as they are close and I think it will be beautiful.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:24 PM
Commoner

I just can't even deal with the image of Eugenie stepping out of the bridal car, wearing some retro 20s bridal gown, and her great-grandmother's tiara on her forehead. It will be like the rising ghost of the Queen Mother! Kinda freaky, but amazing at the same time. I'm weird like that.

I archive things, mostly related to my late father's family, and I write the Burbank Story books and Monarchy ebook series. I like diving into the matrix. I'm anti-monarchist on principle but enjoy a good royal story, as long as it contains a lot of angst. Some personal triumph in the mix helps!