The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Princess Eugenie wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 0 0%
Papyrus Tiara 2 3.08%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 0 0%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 2 3.08%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 0 0%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 4 6.15%
Teck Crescent Tiara 1 1.54%
York Tiara 56 86.15%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 0 0%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.), please specify 0 0%
Other, please specify 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

I quite agree about Sarah's tiara being quite a jackpot! It's absolutely lovely in it's design. The kind of tiara which would probably look great on any woman. So I'm really looking forward to Eugenie wearing it (assuming that she does).

Old 02-12-2018, 12:23 AM
Nobility

Sarah's tiara is a jackpot of sorts; a tangible reminder of a very low period for the Monarchy.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Sarah's tiara is a jackpot of sorts; a tangible reminder of a very low period for the Monarchy.
Maybe in retrospect or hindsight considering later things that occurred but it was not a low period at the time of Andrew & Sarah's wedding.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:30 AM
Majesty

At least Andrew and Fergie have the most civil divorce ever.

If the Cambridges can start their married life with a ring that came from a marriage that ended in 'war of the Wales', I don't think Eugenie will be concerned her mother's tiara was a 'wedding gift' for a failed marriage.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:35 AM
Aristocracy

Sarah and Andrew will identify many positives that came of their union. Some of the best in the form of two lovely daughters.
The York Tiara is attractive.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
At least Andrew and Fergie have the most civil divorce ever.

If the Cambridges can start their married life with a ring that came from a marriage that ended in 'war of the Wales', I don't think Eugenie will be concerned her mother's tiara was a 'wedding gift' for a failed marriage.
She might like to distance herself from "all of that" and wear an historic tiara that accentuates her Royal heritage.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:21 PM
Majesty

There is no way she will be able to distance herself nor should she try. She and Beatrice had a wonderful childhood and the sure and certain knowledge they were loved by both parents. The media and the DM, in particular, is going to make a meal of Sarah up to and including the wedding and sadly there is nothing anyone can do except hold on to the family.

Sarah's tiara isn't jinxed anymore than Catherine's engagement ring is and the feeling that Eugenie has for that tiara is probably the same as that which Catherine has to her engagement ring . . . my life is what I make it.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:08 AM
Courtier

IMO Eugenie has a classically beautiful face and is someone who would look divine in a bandeau style tiara - few would, IMO, but she could carry it off, so part of me hopes she’ll wear one as the QM did. She’d look lovely in any or all of them, so I suppose it’s really down to which she likes best. The York tiara is a favorite of mine, so I wouldn’t mind seeing it again either.