Princess Eugenie: Wedding Tiara and Jewelry Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tiara will Princess Eugenie wear on her wedding day?

• [URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/TiliaCordata/media/2018/a_zpsgmt3rua4.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/TiliaCordata/media/2018/c_zpswevjf4q0.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • [URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/TiliaCordata/media/2018/d_zpsfty9sxp1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1

• [URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/TiliaCordata/media/2018/g_zps3w9a7axq.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • [URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/TiliaCordata/media/2018/h_zpsmpv527mc.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1

• [URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/TiliaCordata/media/2018/j_zpsczevcmjp.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • [URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/TiliaCordata/media/2018/i_zpsxxjux8g2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • [URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/TiliaCordata/media/2018/York_zpsygetlte9.jpg.html][IMG]http:/

Votes: 97 86.6%
  • Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify

• No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.), please specify

• Other, please specify

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there is a chance she could wear it..I just don't think it will happen. She'll have the York tiara on is my guess. No reason really to think she wouldn't.

LaRae

Fergie only owns one tiara. Her daughters are members of the royal family. People who point Eugenie didn't wear a tiara to a recent event forget in the Uk women don't wear them till married traditionally.

That's not true. That's actually more of a recent development. Princess Margaret and Princess Anne both wore tiaras prior to being married.

If the tiara is in good enough condition to wear, yes. It belongs to the queen and no reason to think she won't loan her granddaughter a tiara.

Fergie only owns one tiara. Her daughters are members of the royal family. People who point Eugenie didn't wear a tiara to a recent event forget in the Uk women don't wear them till married traditionally.

She does look a lot like the queen mum. And the tiara would suit her worn on her forehead. I would love a dress inspired by that era.
It's an often repeated myth that only married women wore tiaras. Some noble families might have this tradition. But most royal families, the British included, didn't have this rule. Even in Princess Victoria, who never married, wore tiaras. And as was already mentioned, both Anne and Margret wore frequently wore tiaras before their marriage.

I somehow don't think that Eugenie will chanel her great-granny's look on her wedding day. Wearing a tiara on the forehead was quite 1920s, and I think she'll opt for a more contemporary look.

It can't be ruled out that she'll borrow a tiara from the Queen, but I don't think that she will. Neither Kelly nor Zara did, both wore one of Anne's tiaras. Sarah's tiara is really beautiful, and both girls are very close to their mother. So I'll be really surprised if she wears something other than Fergie's tiara.

Last edited:
It's an often repeated myth that only married women wore tiaras. Some noble families might have this tradition. But most royal families, the British included, didn't have this rule. Even in Princess Victoria, who never married, wore tiaras. And as was already mentioned, both Anne and Margret wore frequently wore tiaras before their marriage.

I somehow don't think that Eugenie will chanel her great-granny's look on her wedding day. Wearing a tiara on the forehead was quite 1920s, and I think she'll opt for a more contemporary look.

It can't be ruled out that she'll borrow a tiara from the Queen, but I don't think that she will. Neither Kelly nor Zara did, both wore one of Anne's tiaras. Sarah's tiara is really beautiful, and both girls are very close to their mother. So I'll be really surprised if she wears something other than Fergie's tiara.

Exactly and Princess Alexandra also wore tiaras once she hit 18, long before she married. In the same vein Alexandra wore the tiara worn by her mother on her wedding day as did Anne who wore the same one her mother wore and Helen Windsor wore the base of her mother's wedding tiara as well etc. I do think E will wear her mother's also as they are close and I think it will be beautiful.

I just can't even deal with the image of Eugenie stepping out of the bridal car, wearing some retro 20s bridal gown, and her great-grandmother's tiara on her forehead. It will be like the rising ghost of the Queen Mother! Kinda freaky, but amazing at the same time. I'm weird like that.

But even more exciting, Eugenie's dress and tiara debut!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think many people have been waiting for The York Tiara to be worn again. I’m sure Sarah would like her daughters to make use of it at their weddings.

I think many people have been waiting for The York Tiara to be worn again. I’m sure Sarah would like her daughters to make use of it at their weddings.

This is what I’m hoping for. That thing of Beauty has gone being unseen for far too long IMO!!

This is what I’m hoping for. That thing of Beauty has gone being unseen for far too long IMO!!

It's definitely a lovely tiara. My only critique there is that Beatrice will likely use it someday and she'll probably inherit it as the eldest daughter. Where the other royal brides in sibling sets used different tiaras from each other. Elizabeth and Margaret wore different wedding tiaras. Anne, Diana, Sarah, and Sophie all wore different tiaras. Serena and Lady Sarah had different tiaras. Autumn and Zara had different tiaras. Catherine and Meghan had different tiaras.

Though it's a beautiful tiara it just seems a little redundant for Bea and Eugenie to use the same one, though I guess it speaks to the bond between the three York women. I suppose I'm still hoping Eugenie goes with a surprise from her grandmother's vault.

It's definitely a lovely tiara. My only critique there is that Beatrice will likely use it someday and she'll probably inherit it as the eldest daughter. Where the other royal brides in sibling sets used different tiaras from each other. Elizabeth and Margaret wore different wedding tiaras. Anne, Diana, Sarah, and Sophie all wore different tiaras. Serena and Lady Sarah had different tiaras. Autumn and Zara had different tiaras. Catherine and Meghan had different tiaras.

Though it's a beautiful tiara it just seems a little redundant for Bea and Eugenie to use the same one, though I guess it speaks to the bond between the three York women. I suppose I'm still hoping Eugenie goes with a surprise from her grandmother's vault.

Diana wore her family’s tiara. Other women marrying into the family (with the exception on Camilla) do not come from noble families and therefore did not have family tiaras to wear. It’s traditional for brides to wear the family tiara (some families happen to have more than one) and so no reason why both Beatrice and Eugenie could not wear it.

Actually, Diana and her sisters all wore the Spencer tiara for their weddings.

The only sisters in your comparisons were the Queen and her sister.

Actually, Diana and her sisters all wore the Spencer tiara for their weddings.

The only sisters in your comparisons were the Queen and her sister.

Umm, as you see I was talking about BRF weddings hence all my examples being weddings of children and grandchildren of George VI and Elizabeth II. And I said sibling sets, not sisters.
Peter and Zara are brother and sister, that makes them siblings, their weddings featured different tiaras on Autumn and Zara. And the same goes for the other examples I gave. Hope this helps your misunderstanding of my previous post.

Last edited:

On contrary, because Beatrice will inherit the tiara it makes MORE sense for Eugenie to wear it now. It may be her only opportunity.

On contrary, because Beatrice will inherit the tiara it makes MORE sense for Eugenie to wear it now. It may be her only opportunity.

Maybe. I just see it as, they're going to have to wear different tiaras in the future anyway especially around Charles' and William's coronations events. The tiara will become strongly associated with Beatrice through the years. Like I said I'd rather be surprised with something from the vaults, something this generation can strongly associate with Eugenie by herself.

But as I acknowledged in my other post, the same tiara would speak to the bond of the three York women. And considering Eugenie's engagement ring is an ode to her mother's I can see her strongly tempted by the York tiara.

Umm, as you see I was talking about BRF weddings hence all my examples being weddings of children and grandchildren of George VI and Elizabeth II. And I said sibling sets, not sisters.
Peter and Zara are brother and sister, that makes them siblings, their weddings featured different tiaras on Autumn and Zara. And the same goes for the other examples I gave. Hope this helps your misunderstanding of my precious post.

Women joining the BRF as sisters-in-law are not good comparisons. My point about Diana’s tiara stands- she wore her family tiara. No misunderstanding, I just disagree.
Precious post, hmm-well okay then.

Women joining the BRF as sisters-in-law are not good comparisons. My point about Diana’s tiara stands- she wore her family tiara. No misunderstanding, I just disagree.
Precious post, hmm-well okay then.

Alrighty. Then if you think sister-in-laws are completely different to sisters, then I'm not sure why you used the Spencer analogy as Earl Spencer's bride also wore the same tiara as his sisters. So that becomes my sibling set argument. So now we see how the Spencer sibling set vastly differed from all the BRF siblings sets I mentioned. As Eugenie is a member of the BRF, I'm less interested in applying Spencer norms to her.

And Eugenie wearing one of her grandmother's tiaras would be a 'family tiara'. The two women are related after all.

Last edited:
I can't imagine Eugenie would not wear her mother's tiara. She will likely only get to /need to wear a tiara 2 or 3 times in her life and she and her mother are close. Heck her engagement ring is even similar to her mother's. I expect her to wear the York tiara, I would be surprised if she didn't.

LaRae

I am sure Eugenie will wear a tiara that makes her, her mum and dad happy. Whatever that turns out to be.

I would love to see her wear a new tiara as a gift from her grandmother. The private collection is so full of wonderful jewels and there are not longer much chances to wear these marvellous pieces, so giving Eugenie a tiara to keep (and wear to the next kings' coronations) is some sort of prizeless gift. Even if the tiara at first reverts to HM, then Charles and in the end William to save inheritance taxes for Eugenie. I think it's about time to treat the York-princesses as princesses of the blood by allowing them the things all other princesses found "normal" - including Margaret and Anne.

Maybe. I just see it as, they're going to have to wear different tiaras in the future anyway especially around Charles' and William's coronations events. The tiara will become strongly associated with Beatrice through the years. Like I said I'd rather be surprised with something from the vaults, something this generation can strongly associate with Eugenie by herself.

But as I acknowledged in my other post, the same tiara would speak to the bond of the three York women. And considering Eugenie's engagement ring is an ode to her mother's I can see her strongly tempted by the York tiara.

One thing is that this Queen tend to not loan out family tiaras so much. She didn't for Zara or Autumn nor Margaret's daughter or daughter-in-law. The tradition under this Queen has been wear something that's already in the immediate family (even if by loan), except for the Wales boys' bride, who will need a tiara more often than her other grandchildren/in-law. What will be interesting is to see what happens when Louise get married as there isn't a tiara that's entirely diamonds and the BRF brides tend not to wear colored stones on their wedding day. But with York family, there is already one in the family.

I would love to see her wear a new tiara as a gift from her grandmother. The private collection is so full of wonderful jewels and there are not longer much chances to wear these marvellous pieces, so giving Eugenie a tiara to keep (and wear to the next kings' coronations) is some sort of prizeless gift. Even if the tiara at first reverts to HM, then Charles and in the end William to save inheritance taxes for Eugenie. I think it's about time to treat the York-princesses as princesses of the blood by allowing them the things all other princesses found "normal" - including Margaret and Anne.

I don't think the BRF has anything in the private collection anymore. Everything is part of the "vault" now, which doesn't belong to the Queen personally. I don't believe Anne owns any of the BRF tiaras. She does own the Festoon and Key Meander, neither of which were owned by BRF. The Festoon was gifted to her and the Key Meander belonged to Prince Philip's mother. I can't remember when was the last time that Princess Anne wore a tiara belonging to the vault. Her wedding day? As or Margaret, the only tiara I can remember her wearing after marriage that belonged to the vault is Lotus Flower. Everything else belonged to her personally.

Last edited:
I would love to see her wear a new tiara as a gift from her grandmother. The private collection is so full of wonderful jewels and there are not longer much chances to wear these marvellous pieces, so giving Eugenie a tiara to keep (and wear to the next kings' coronations) is some sort of prizeless gift. Even if the tiara at first reverts to HM, then Charles and in the end William to save inheritance taxes for Eugenie.

I agree! Especially since according to Eugenie, her and Beatrice have extremely different taste in fashion with Beatrice liking glam and Eugenie being understated. She referred to her and her sister as being 'chalk and cheese'. So it would be kind of sad to see them straddled with the same tiara. I think the York tiara is better fit for Beatrice (so it's lucky she's the eldest). Eugenie I think would only wear that tiara for sentimental reasons, I don't think she ever pick it if she saw it in a jewelry store. That's why I'm hoping she gets to borrow (or is given) something smaller, and to her taste.

One thing is that this Queen tend to not loan out family tiaras so much. She didn't for Zara or Autumn nor Margaret's daughter or daughter-in-law. The tradition under this Queen has been wear something that's already in the immediate family (even if by loan), except for the Wales boys' bride, who will need a tiara more often than her other grandchildren/in-law. What will be interesting is to see what happens when Louise get married as there isn't a tiara that's entirely diamonds and the BRF brides tend not to wear colored stones on their wedding day. But with York family, there is already one in the family.

True. But none of the women you mention are HRH's and none had televised weddings. So hope springs eternal on my part. ;)

I also think gifting Eugenie with a new tiara would be such a waste, since she hardly has any occasion to wear it. Perhaps for a coronation, but she could easily borrow one for that.

Margaret was. Was her wedding televised (before my time)?

In the part I bolded you said Margaret's daughter and daughter-in-law, not Margaret herself.

Yes, it was televised. Though it was also before my time.

It was in fact the first Royal wedding to be televised. 20 million viewers watched it.

If Eugenie doesn’t wear her mother’s wedding tiara, it seems more likely that her grandmother will lend her one rather than purchase her one. After all, rumor has it that Margaret’s wedding tiara was sold off to pay the inheritance taxes when she died.
(Maybe one of her father’s friends has gifted her one as a wedding present.)

Last edited:
My fantasy is that she pulls a Fergie, Eugenie enters wearing the York tiara and exits wearing a brand, spanking new tiara from her husband / husband's family which will henceforth be known as the Brooksbank Tiara.

Last edited:
I don't think the BRF has anything in the private collection anymore. Everything is part of the "vault" now, which doesn't belong to the Queen personally.
Not a discussion I won't to be part of, but most of the jewels in the ''vault'' (with some exceptions) are owned by HM personally and not the crown. ?

Last edited:
My fantasy is that she pulls a Fergie, Eugenie enters wearing the York tiara and exits wearing a brand, spanking new tiara from her husband / husband's family which will henceforth be known as the Brooksbank tiara.

That would be great. Sarah did some fun stuff at her wedding. Though I kind of hope Eugenie avoids having "E" & "J" stitched on her dress.

My fantasy is that she pulls a Fergie, Eugenie enters wearing the York tiara and exits wearing a brand, spanking new tiara from her husband / husband's family which will henceforth be known as the Brooksbank tiara.

While it'd be a nice gesture, and just by how close her mother and her are, I would say she would on first thought. But then I thought about it more. The entire point of Fergie doing that was she was a commoner going up the aisle (and thus flowers), she was a royal coming out (tiara). Really doesn't apply here. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom