The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Princess Eugenie wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 0 0%
Papyrus Tiara 2 1.79%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 0 0%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 3 2.68%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 0 0%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 7 6.25%
Teck Crescent Tiara 1 0.89%
York Tiara 97 86.61%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 0 0%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.), please specify 1 0.89%
Other, please specify 1 0.89%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Hopefully the Coronations of their Uncle and Cousin..
Ok, that's two, one of which can be way down the line in terms another 20 years. Still, that's not a lot of occasions to wear tiara for non-working members of the royal family. They aren't in the same situation as Sophie, Kate, or Meghan will be. There won't be state dinner attendance and such. I still think the York tiara is what both girls will wear on their wedding day.

And quite frankly, it's a beautiful tiara, who wouldn't want to bring it out once in awhile.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:44 AM
Nobility

I'm still wishing for Queen Mary's fringe for Eugenie. Princess Anne and HM both wore it for their weddings, and Eugenie is a princess of the blood.

I don't think the York scroll tiara would suit Eugenie.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:22 PM
Majesty

Eugenie will look fab in her mother's tiara.

LaRae
Old 02-06-2018, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

What if a Victorian or an Edwardian tiara was purchased for Eugenie to wear on her wedding day? By having her own exclusive tiara, there would hopefully be no comparison of who looked better wearing the York Tiara on the respective wedding day of each bride: Sarah or Eugenie?
Old 02-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

That's highly unlikely though given Eugenie is not going to be a working member of the family and wouldn't have much use for a tiara for her exclusive use. Comparisons wouldn't be avoided anyways for the most part. Particularly with Harry and Meghan's given the location and the two weddings being in the same year.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Ok, that's two, one of which can be way down the line in terms another 20 years. Still, that's not a lot of occasions to wear tiara for non-working members of the royal family. They aren't in the same situation as Sophie, Kate, or Meghan will be. There won't be state dinner attendance and such. I still think the York tiara is what both girls will wear on their wedding day.

And quite frankly, it's a beautiful tiara, who wouldn't want to bring it out once in awhile.
Actually, I think there's a possibility they could be attending state banquets even if they are not working royals. If they are following the example of Michaels of Kent, then the two princesses most definitely will. And if there is an American state visit this year, I expect them to attend, due to both of their living in the US for awhile.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent

The Kents do undertake engagements and gets CC credits. I'd say they are part time working royals, although not as much others in the mainline in their age group.

But back to the tiara. I do think the first York girl to marry would wear their mother's tiara without a question given how close they are. I would still be 99% certain Beatrice would as well when the time comes, but there is always 1% that they want to change things up. But it'll more likely be a newly acquired piece to the BRF than from the vault. As I've mentioned before, the BRF tend to use what is in their branch of the family.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I guess I'll bring over my post from the engagement thread since its appropriate to this thread.

I guess it depends on which daughter will inherit their mother's tiara. I donít think the sisters will wear the same wedding tiara. Even non-HRHs ,Autumn and Zara, Serena Linley and Sarah Chatto, used different wedding tiaras. I think Beatrice will someday wear her motherís tiara, as she will probably inherit it as she's the eldest. Eugenie could probably get a one-day loan tiara from The Queen. Eugenie seems a little edgy so I could see her going for a bandeau. If the Strathmore Rose Tiara isnít in too fragile condition, she could wear it in a bandeau style like the QEQM did.
Except in the examples you've given, it has been a daughter and a future daughter-in-law wearing different tiaras, not two daughters (Beatrice & Eugenie.)
All three of the Spencer sisters wore the Spencer tiara for their weddings-Sarah, Jane and Diana.
It makes sense that Autumn was loaned a tiara--her family wouldn't have one, not sure why Serena didn't wear a Stanhope family tiara--maybe a result of her parents' divorce?
Old 02-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
The Kents do undertake engagements and gets CC credits. I'd say they are part time working royals, although not as much others in the mainline in their age group.

But back to the tiara. I do think the first York girl to marry would wear their mother's tiara without a question given how close they are. I would still be 99% certain Beatrice would as well when the time comes, but there is always 1% that they want to change things up. But it'll more likely be a newly acquired piece to the BRF than from the vault. As I've mentioned before, the BRF tend to use what is in their branch of the family.

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent are not (and have never been) working royals. Every royal gets the occasional mention in the CC (typically because they attend family events). The only members of the Kent branch of the family who are working royals are the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes but Prince and Princess Micheal of Kent do frequently attend State Banquets which is what many people expect Beatrice and Eugenie will be asked to do in the future.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Except in the examples you've given, it has been a daughter and a future daughter-in-law wearing different tiaras, not two daughters (Beatrice & Eugenie.)
All three of the Spencer sisters wore the Spencer tiara for their weddings-Sarah, Jane and Diana.
I adore the other Spencer tiara, that doubledecker meander one with the plumes or leaves on top.

The reason I lean toward Queen Mary's fringe is that its a nice way to show continuity. It's a tiara with a wonderful family storyline. Just because Eugenie is Sarah's daughter doesn't mean she has to wear her tiara. Eugenie is a princess of the blood and outside of tweaking the order of precedence regarding curtsies, this is one of the few things HM can do for her granddaughter: lend her an historic family tiara on her wedding day.

I see that York scroll tiara as going to Beatrice anyway.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I adore the other Spencer tiara, that doubledecker meander one with the plumes or leaves on top.

I see that York scroll tiara as going to Beatrice anyway.
Leopoldine, Have you seen any Victorian or Edwardian tiaras that look similar to the Spencer Honeysuckle Tiara which could possibly be bought for Princess Eugenie to wear at her wedding?
Old 02-07-2018, 07:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Leopoldine, Have you seen any Victorian or Edwardian tiaras that look similar to the Spencer Honeysuckle Tiara which could possibly be bought for Princess Eugenie to wear at her wedding?

Yes, Cyril. Here's a Tiffany tiara, a scroll of Edwardian vintage that was at an auction house recently. I can't find the story, but I found the image on Pinterest:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tiff...zP5IhDxqqjJSM:

It's shown attached to a comb rather than a frame, but I'm sure a frame can be swapped in. It's also not a big wraparound, which means that with a carefully fitted frame, it might even be comfortable! It has some height, what with those diamond toppers, so it will have presence.

I fleetingly thought about this one for Meghan because of the American heritage. There's not too many vintage American tiaras out there.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

... There are hundreds of images at that link.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:33 PM
Nobility

Let's see if this works.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tiff...zP5IhDxqqjJSM:

OK, that works. You might have to scroll a teeny bit.

(Get it? SCROLL? Scroll tiara? hee hee)
Old 02-07-2018, 08:11 PM
Majesty

I’d be surprised if Eugenie would want to wear any tiara other than her mother’s
Old 02-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Iíd be surprised if Eugenie would want to wear any tiara other than her motherís

I would be surprised if she wore the York tiara.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Iíd be surprised if Eugenie would want to wear any tiara other than her motherís
Why She is a member of the royal family. Perhaps she has another tiara she has wanted to wear. Just because it was her mother's tiara, doesn't mean she likes it or dreamed of wearing it. Maybe she wishes to wear one of her grandmother or so tiaras. We don't know. But to think she would never consider any other tiara is a bit of a stretch.

Its not like she is coming from a family with only one tiara (like many aristo brides). Or a family with a traditional 'wedding tiara' like the Spencers.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:42 AM
Serene Highness

Eugenie will look lovely in her Mothers wedding tiara :) And it's a beautiful tiara so i'm looking forward to it :)
Old 02-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Why She is a member of the royal family. Perhaps she has another tiara she has wanted to wear. Just because it was her mother's tiara, doesn't mean she likes it or dreamed of wearing it. Maybe she wishes to wear one of her grandmother or so tiaras. We don't know. But to think she would never consider any other tiara is a bit of a stretch.

Its not like she is coming from a family with only one tiara (like many aristo brides). Or a family with a traditional 'wedding tiara' like the Spencers.
I think Sarah hit the jackpot when she received her wedding tiara. It is one of the best floral tiaras around. Knowing Sarah's general character I would bet each of her girls got to dress up and play princesses before they even realised that they actually were. I would also bet the highlight was when Mummy sat them in front of the mirror and carefully placed her tiara on their heads. I would also bet they wanted to wear it one day when they got married.