The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Princess Eugenie wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 0 0%
Papyrus Tiara 2 3.08%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 0 0%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 2 3.08%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 0 0%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 4 6.15%
Teck Crescent Tiara 1 1.54%
York Tiara 56 86.15%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 0 0%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.), please specify 0 0%
Other, please specify 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2018, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Whatever tiara Eugenie wears, I have a feeling it will have a floral design. Eugenie favours floral patterns in her clothes quite a lot and the colour/name of her engagement ring relates to the lotus flower - an exotic flower which one can almost see in parts of the design of the York tiara - so I voted for that one!

I found the following article about the likelihood of Eugenie wearing the York family tiara:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...a-wedding.html

Old 01-26-2018, 04:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Will it be the first time that Eugenie is wearing a tiara?

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
the first time that Eugenie is wearing a tiara?

In Public, yes it would be, we don't know about in private, obviously !
Old 01-26-2018, 12:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
In Public, yes it would be, we don't know about in private, obviously !

I'd be surprised if Eugenie and Beatrice have never had the York tiara on their heads at some point. Who wouldn't want to try on their mother's tiara?
Old 01-26-2018, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineML View Post
I'd be surprised if Eugenie and Beatrice have never had the York tiara on their heads at some point. Who wouldn't want to try on their mother's tiara?
Those tiaras are very valuable pieces that are well kept and out of reach for children.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineML View Post
I quite agree! Maybe they have even tried on a dozen of Granny's tiaras. Alas, we'll never know.

Old 01-26-2018, 02:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Those tiaras are very valuable pieces that are well kept and out of reach for children.
Of course, but doesn't Sarah totally seem like the kind of mom who would have pulled it out for her teenage daughters to try it on at least once or twice as a special treat? Once they were old enough to be careful, of course.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:47 PM
Majesty

Assuming Sarah still has it ...it's not been seen in years now. I think Sarah wore it once after her divorce.

LaRae
Old 01-26-2018, 05:19 PM
Courtier

There are private events like the Ghillies Ball at Balmoral where the Queen and other royal women wear tiaras but I assume that in this day and age the tiaras are optional. My guess is that the York princesses have worn tiaras before.

ETA:
Also it's been reported that one of the Christmas events at Sandringham is a tiara event.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Whatever tiara Eugenie wears, I have a feeling it will have a floral design. Eugenie favours floral patterns in her clothes quite a lot and the colour/name of her engagement ring relates to the lotus flower - an exotic flower which one can almost see in parts of the design of the York tiara - so I voted for that one!

]
So then - why not borrow the matching tiara??
The Lotus Flower Tiara | The Court Jeweller
It is also from her great-grandmother and in the 20ies style ....
Old 02-06-2018, 01:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Assuming Sarah still has it ...it's not been seen in years now. I think Sarah wore it once after her divorce.

LaRae
That man named Paolo who was Beatrice's first boyfriend sold his story to the press years ago and in the article stated that Sarah's tiara was in a night table drawer in her bedroom at Royal Lodge.

Anyway, I would like to see Eugenie in the Strathmore Rose or Queen Mary's fringe.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:12 AM
Majesty

That was years ago...and who knows if she still has it. Hopefully we will see come October!

But no way will she wear the Fringe...too big and IIRC the Queen still wears it.

LaRae
Old 02-06-2018, 02:24 AM
Majesty

Fergie has jewels from Andrew she never sold, no matter how cash struck she was. I don't think she will ever sell that tiara, and if she did, she likely would sell it to Andrew. Besides if that tiara had ever gone up for sale, we would likely have heard of it. Its a well known tiara, from a very well known relationship. Even if a private sale, something would have leaked.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:57 AM
Majesty

It would be a surprise if she did what her mother did at her wedding: wear a head full of flowers and then leave the church in a tiara.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
It would be a surprise if she did what her mother did at her wedding: wear a head full of flowers and then leave the church in a tiara.
Fergie always had the tiara on, it was just hidden under the flowers.

It was symbolic. Fergie entered the church as a commoner, why she hid the tiara, and left it as a member of the royal family. Eugenie is a princess from birth, the symbolism is not there.

While flowers are becoming popular again, the size of flowers required to cover that tiara, are not. That definitely is an 80's style. The only way to make that work and not look like a 80's throwback, would be go full bohemian and I don't see Eugenie going boho.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
But no way will she wear the Fringe...too big and IIRC the Queen still wears it.

LaRae
As I remember the Queen only wear it once (for portrait I think) after she inherited it from Queen mother in 2002, it belongs to the Queen but probably isn't her favorite/usual piece. And its size actually is similar to the York tiara. But Eugenie is a princess, I think she is allowed to wear something bigger. It would be nice if the Queen loans it to her granddaughter and starts the tradition of British princess wearing it in wedding. The most possible piece surely is the York, but the Fringe is a reasonable choice too.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:06 AM
Majesty

We'll just have to agree to disagree about the Fringe. There's no reason to expect her to wear it.

LaRae
Old 02-06-2018, 10:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
As I remember the Queen only wear it once (for portrait I think) after she inherited it from Queen mother in 2002, it belongs to the Queen but probably isn't her favorite/usual piece. And its size actually is similar to the York tiara. But Eugenie is a princess, I think she is allowed to wear something bigger. It would be nice if the Queen loans it to her granddaughter and starts the tradition of British princess wearing it in wedding. The most possible piece surely is the York, but the Fringe is a reasonable choice too.
The Queen has worn it got some portraits around the 2012 jubilee as well. I would be surprised if Eug was given the fringe to wear.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:00 AM
Royal Highness

I'd be surprised if Eugenie wore anything other than her mother's tiara. Why else would Sarah hold on to it other than to share it with her daughters? And really, what other occasions are we going to see Eugenie and Beatrice with a tiara other than their weddings?

And it does seem that using a tiara that's already in that branch of family is the way British royals do it. Zara and Autumn both worn tiaras that Anne had in her possession, and as did Margaret's daughter and daughter-in-law even if the Papyrus was only on loan to Margaret then.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
what other occasions are we going to see Eugenie and Beatrice with a tiara other than their weddings?
Hopefully the Coronations of their Uncle and Cousin..