The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Princess Beatrice wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 0 0%
Greville Emerald Tiara 0 0%
Papyrus Tiara 1 1.85%
Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau 1 1.85%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 3 5.56%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 2 3.70%
Russian Sapphire Bandeau 7 12.96%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 5 9.26%
Teck Crescent Tiara 0 0%
York Tiara 28 51.85%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 4 7.41%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.), please specify 2 3.70%
Other, please specify 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2019, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Beatrice: Wedding Tiara and Jewelry Suggestions and Musings

Welcome to the TRF poll about Princess Beatrice's wedding tiara:

Which tiara do you think she will wear on her wedding to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi?

Please click on the photo icon in the poll to open the pictures of the respective tiaras. Unfortunately, picture hosting has lately become more difficult, so it's no longer possible to display the pictures directly in the poll.

Enjoy the poll and feel free to discuss your choice in this thread.

Old 09-26-2019, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The York tiara hasn't been seen in years I wonder if the former duchess still owns it?

8th of October 1515 ; Birth of The Lady Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
Old 09-26-2019, 08:16 PM
Courtier

I think it would be wonderful if Beatrice got to wear a tiara that was worn by Queen Victoria. If that is not possible, perhaps the fringe worn by HMQ and the Princess Royal on their wedding days. The York scroll tiara doesn't seem to suit Beatrice. something little and historical, or the Fringe would work better.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I think it would be wonderful if Beatrice got to wear a tiara that was worn by Queen Victoria.

Which tiara exactly ? Queen Victoria (famously) didn't wear a tiara at her wedding, but she wore many tiaras throughout her reign.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

^Queen Adelaides Fringe Tiara [aka 'Hanover Fringe'] is the only realistic option if a Tiara worn by Queen Victoria is required - both the Emerald and Sapphire tiaras are now in the V & A Museum, and her 'Oriental Circlet' is with HMQ, and can only be worn by Queens 'in right of it'. to quote the stipulation given by Victoria herself, when she bequeathed it to the Crown Jewels..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hanover Fringe Tiara () Queen Mary 2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	301894  
Old 09-27-2019, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty excited about this engagement, mainly because Meghan and Eugenie both wore such spectecular tiaras that had not been seen for such a long time. What might Beatrice pull out of the vault?

So far, I haven't yet decided what to vote for, and what to hope for. I equally want to see the York tiara worn again and something long unseen from the vault. The sapphire bandeau, maybe? It hasn't been seen since Princess Margret wore it in her youth. But then, it might it would look too much like copying her sister's choice, since both tiaras contain a single, large coloured stone.

I do believe that Sarah still keeps her own wedding tiara, since we haven't heard anything about a sale. Of course, it's possible to sell jewels privately and very discreetly. But Sarah has always been very conscious about the status of her girls and she probably really wants to pass on her wedding tiara to one of her daughters. It's likely to be inherited by Beatrice because she's the eldest, so why shouldn't she get to wear it at her wedding?

On the other hand, I included several tiaras that I personally find extremely unlikely. But I didn't want to limit the choice and the discussion about them.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:53 AM
Majesty

I think Beatrice will wear her mothers tiara. If for some reason she does not wear that, I think she may want to wear Queen Mary's Fringe tiara that HM and Anne wore at their weddings.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:39 AM
Courtier

Will use a tiara, hopefully QM's Fringe or Sapphire Bandeau, or other historical but unseen piece, just not her mother's.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Will use a tiara, hopefully QM's Fringe or Sapphire Bandeau, or other historical but unseen piece, just not her mother's.
I think so too. And now that Eugenie broke with the tradition of not using colored stones for weddings, I think Beatrice may do the same, and opt for sapphires perhaps.

I can't see her wearing the fringe, as Gabriella just wore such a similar tiara for her wedding. Beatrice won't want to wear any tiara worn by recent royal brides.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Fingers crossed for the York tiara ...or one of the 'lost' tiaras sitting in a vault. I haven't noticed she has a particular affinity to any type of colored stone when it comes to what she wears ...but who knows.

LaRae
Old 09-27-2019, 09:39 AM
Nobility

I voted for the Sapphire Bandeau. I think the choice has to be on the scale of the Greville Emerald her sister wore but I don't think she would wear the same one. My second choice would be the Fringe because of the connection to her grandmother. The York is an option if it still exists. Granted Sarah hasn't really had a tiara function since the divorce, but I would be surprised if it wasn't sold privately.

I think the Halo and Papyrus are out because there is no way Beatrice is going to wear a tiara that Kate has worn. Diamond Bandeau is out because Meghan wore it. The Lozenge Bandeau and the Strathmore would probably not be impressive enough. Finally, I hope the Crescent isn't in the running because, for me, it is heading into ugly territory.

I wonder if there are any more tiaras from the Greville bequest? What would really make this fun, would be for something we know nothing about and didn't know existed.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

I have never been a fan of the York tiara. I hope we see a long unseen tiara.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm hoping for something that hasn't been seen in years, and that no one really remembers is in the vaults so we can all be thrilled and astonished. I think the York tiara is a possibility, if the Yorks still own it--with Sarah's past financial woes, I'm skeptical.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:46 PM
Nobility

I think either a jewelled headband or possibly go completely different and keep to flowers and no jewelled head piece. I do not know what you call the style but the hair dressed to the nape of the neck with the flowers sitting in there. A bit of the Victorian look.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:10 PM
Majesty

The diadem worn by Sarah is so mediocre in design, it does also not sparkle, THE function of a diadem. So I am hoping for an old one with ye olde royal quality diamonds and/or or pearls.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well if she wants sparkle I am sure there's plenty of options in the vaults.

LaRae
Old 09-27-2019, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Think it was beautiful to see Beatrice with the yodk tiara. But Beatrice must wear a tiara offered by the Queen.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beatrice is free to wear the York tiara if she wants to, she doesn't need permission from the Queen. If she wants to wear one 'owned' by the Queen then I am sure she will be given a selection of what is available for her to wear.

LaRae
Old 09-27-2019, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Which tiara exactly ? Queen Victoria (famously) didn't wear a tiara at her wedding, but she wore many tiaras throughout her reign.
My first choice would be the little emerald and diamond tiara that I believe is in the V&A.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Imho it would be a nice if she would wear the York tiara - as the eldest daughter. She may already have discussed it last year with Eugenie when her younger sister was deciding on her wedding tiara.