The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2013, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I love that last one. It's beautiful and suits her very well.
But she should wear in the full setting with the upright pearl spikes on top.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-31-2013, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
...You don't like the top of the tiara that much do you...?
The three big diamonds are impressive.For sure,we rarely see diamonds as big as these.I don't like the space that lies between each of them.I would have prefered a fuller space between them.Again that's my opinion.
I generally don't like when the central part is higher .I prefer more compact tiara this is why I prefer the bottom part better

Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The Stuart is certainly a "big gun" tiara; ranks up there with Queen Silvia's diamond and sapphire "fortress" tiara.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But she should wear in the full setting with the upright pearl spikes on top.
Maybe the "lower" ones, I always thought that would cause the top to look a bit more even. But putting the pearl spikes on top of the big elements is a bit OTT, imo.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
I couldn't help myself: Queen Máxima in the Stuart Parure

does that say queen or what?
Ooohhhh! Drop dead stunning. And what's more, i believe Maxima could really carry it off.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
Beyond a shadow of a doubt. I really hope this is what she wears April 30th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
You know, I usually don't like the Gothic look to jewelry, but I adore the Mellerio for some unknown reason. Not sure if it's one of the few tiaras out there that really shows off Sapphires to their mostest or...I just don't understand it, but I'm not knocking it either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMess View Post
Maybe the "lower" ones, I always thought that would cause the top to look a bit more even. But putting the pearl spikes on top of the big elements is a bit OTT, imo.
Normally, I'd TA w/you, but this is Maxima we're talking about here. She is one of those very few people out there who can pull off OTT and w/aplomb at that too.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
...most girls and ladies here i know would go exactly for that top... It being 38.75 Carats worth of a bauble..
Why Lucien, are you implying there is more than a hint of magpie in our DNA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. As many have said, Maxima routinely pulls off the OTT. This magnificent piece should be a breeze and so very perfect for the occasion!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Aristocracy

Hello :), is it possible to transform the necklace of the swedish processional jewels in to a neckalce? here is a link: http://topnews.in/files/victora_nobel_2007.jpg
and http://knowingtheroyals.files.wordpr...jewelry-1.jpeg
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Nobility

The Photoshop of Maxima with the Start tiara is AMAZING! Don't you all think there is a good chance she will wear it (perhaps even for the inauguration), especially since it is a tiara Queen Beatrix has never publicly worn?
Old 02-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
The Photoshop of Maxima with the Start tiara is AMAZING! Don't you all think there is a good chance she will wear it (perhaps even for the inauguration), especially since it is a tiara Queen Beatrix has never publicly worn?
Given dear Maxs' "magpie" tendencies I would think there is a very strong chance! Love her style!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's Max's obligation to wear the Stuart tiara since we now all know how fantastic she'll look in it.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
Thank you Shelo and everyone else! I'm blushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Here are the other two "big" tiaras Maxima didn't wear yet:

Württemberg Pearl Tiara
The day Máxima wears the Wurttemberg Pearl tiara will be a happy day.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Courtier

That Württemberg pearls tiara is magnificent
Old 02-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Choices, choices, such is a queen's dilemma for the big day! We should all have such problems.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Royal Highness

I have been hoping (posting about it too) that someone with photoshop skills would do a photoshop of the topaz set as a tiara! I know it might look a little weird with the three pear shaped topazes at the bottom, but goodness it is stunning. I have yet for someone to take me up on the offer! :( I continue to hope that someone with photoshop skills will post it i the photoshop section.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Aristocracy

i too would i like to see it as a tiara but i don't have the Photoshop skills :( perhaps the three pendants could be removed ( two added to the corsage so that it'll be in the original form and the third one to make a bracelet) and a row of diamonds and row of pearls could be added to the top and bottom to give it height so it wont look like the amethyst one
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

After seeing the wonderful photoshopped picture of Maxima with the Stuart tiara,I say we should start a petition on change.org asking her to wear it on her big day;-)I can´t think of any other tiara from the Oranjes that would look so magnificient and regal as this one....

Thanks to all the photoshop-artists who do this wonderful images,your work is highly appreciated
:-)
Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Serene Highness

Since it's still a rather new-ish thread, I'm going put out there my request from the previous one....

If any would like to take up the challenge of taking any of the tiaras out there we all know w/big stones in them other than Diamonds, such as the Dutch Mellerio Sapphire beauty or perhaps the Swedish Cameo (Which as I adore and collect Cameos has a special place in my heart), and put in their place my Birthstone. The sadly not seen as much as it should be and gorgeous Opal.

Also remember there are two types of Opals out there. The usual White version we all think of and the Black Opals. I've seen some that were just stunning w/the fiery reds and stunning greens and blues zinging in them.

So...There's another request from me for, I'll call it, Project Opal.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
Hello :), is it possible to transform the necklace of the swedish processional jewels in to a neckalce? here is a link: http://topnews.in/files/victora_nobel_2007.jpg
and http://knowingtheroyals.files.wordpr...jewelry-1.jpeg
An impression how the necklace could look like as a tiara:
Victoria

Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
An impression how the necklace could look like as a tiara:
Victoria
Thank you so much for doing it :)! it looks quite good as a tiara perhaps if they create a frame with support to straighten the spikes it would look even better.
thanks for your effort it think it was a success