Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, one can call it whatever one wishes, kind Thomas. Be it a tiara or an aigrette. I'm inclined to the latter given it is an aigrette, first and foremost.

The above picture of Margrethe is so splendid, and from my very own photobucket I notice..haha.

Last edited:
Thanks Elspeth :flowers: I didn't think the photo itself was allowed to show.

As I have said before Life is one long humiliation. I have stumbled in the thick black fog of cyberspace and landed on God only knows how many ungodly regulations. Be that as it may the picture I believe appeared or first appeared in an article in Majesty magazine two or three years or more ago in one of a series of articles about the jewelry collections of the various royal houses. There were two magnificent photographs of Margarethe II wearing the floral wreath tiara with the magnificent earings and necklace, which were a later gift. The tiara itself can be taken apart and used as brooches, of which I think there may be three or more. As is typical of many tiaras it can be used for multiple purposes. I would still describe it as a tiara.

Interestingly, the Hyderabad tiara of Elizabeth II, which has been the subject of much speculation can also be broken down and parts used as brooches as well. Cheers.

Though for certain, it is something we both agree to be exquisite. A marvelous and all so feminine show of 19th century craftmanship.

Last edited:
To be sure, the piece is both delicate and impressive at the same time. Margarethe wears it quite well-
any other photos of the piece?

Interestingly, as Thomas pointed out, QEII's Hyderabad Tiara is the subject of some dispute--Field says it was dismantled, Munn says different. I think that as the necklace and the brooches are still intact that I doubt HM would break up what amounts to a frame; I say it still exists.

For the titillation of Thomas P I give you HRH Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark in the tiara that was, unfortunatley, given to her former sister in law and the Khedive of Egypt tiara that her daughter will wear in years to come when she marries as will all the female descendants of HM Queen Ingrid.

wasn't the Khedive given to Queen Anne-Marie?

As wonderful as all these photoshops are, all pictures need to be posted as links from now on. This is due to questions about copyright ownership of the photoshopped images.

Thank you,
LadyK, Elspeth, and Warren, Royal Jewels Moderators

Which I suppose that means that Photoshopping is DEAD. Done in by the copywright wretches. If we argue that this forum is necessary for my health and sanity, given the fact that I am nervous, doddering, confused , senile, am a chocolate addict and can get very upset and that such things as these regulations are very shattering to my quivering nervous system do you suppose we could get away with it. No??? Well at least I tried. Sniff. And we used to have such fun.

As for the tiaras, the wonderful Khedive of Egypt (where did they get that name) tiara does indeed belong to Queen Anne Marie which means Denmark will probably never see it again. Which is a shame as it is a beautiful, beautiful thing and would no doubt look fabulous on the fabulous Princess Mary. As for the other, as a matter of personal taste, I have never cared for it. Although as a matter of Principle I am opposed to any jewels leaving the Royal Family, who I do not care whose private possession they are. This is very much a sore spot with me, particularly the BRF. Cheeers.

Come on, Thomas, cheer up! It isn't that hard to click a link in order to look at a photo - we've been doing it around the rest of the forum for over a year now, and we're surviving the experience.

wasn't the Khedive given to Queen Anne-Marie?

Queen Anne-Marie has custody of it but a tradition was established that it would be worn by all female descendants of Queen Ingrid on their wedding day. Therefore we can assume that the next bride too wear it will be Princess Theodora of the Hellenes and, in time, Princess Isabella of Denmark.

But, OH SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED, how is it then going to be possible to manipulate these images and whack off the head ornaments, hopefully without whacking off these good womens heads, and whisk on or whatever you do, cut, paste, glue and whatnot, to achieve these on the whole marvelous improvements that this thread so gloriously creates??? Besides this whisking back and forth in cyberspace only confuses me. I get lost in the RF all the time and some times it is not much fun and others it is and I then forget what I was after in the first place.

So I stand by my depression. I cannot find chocolate ice cream on sale, and the only time I buy it is when it is on sale or I would turn into a dirigible and go bankrupt and now no more photoshopping goodies. Sniff. Perhaps we can revive the Worst Jewels Thread and I can go on a rampage again. Cheers.

PS. We have the further problem that people do not seem much of the time to get my admittedly senile and doddering attemps at humour. Sniff and one tear to that too.

Lady K, could you possibly photoshop The Strathmore Rose tiara on Zara and Kate Middleton, The Scroll Tiara on Lady Sarah Armstrong, The Persian Turquoise tiara on The Duchess of Cornwall or The Turquoise Parure of the Duchess of Gloucester on The Duchess of Cornwall

LadyK, I know that you are indeed busy, but I have often wondered how HRH THe Duchess of Cornwall would look in the Persian Turquoise tiara--she seems to like the stone.
Rebbevb--if you look through this thead and the Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 1 thread you will find some of the requests you've made.

Thomas, do not despair!:flowers: It is not difficult to get around Elspeths' direction. There are wonderful sites called things like "Photobucket" where we can store our manipulated images without breaking TRF law! :angel: You will still get your fix of manufactured royal occassions. :cool:

But, OH SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED, how is it then going to be possible to manipulate these images and whack off the head ornaments, hopefully without whacking off these good womens heads, and whisk on or whatever you do, cut, paste, glue and whatnot, to achieve these on the whole marvelous improvements that this thread so gloriously creates??? Besides this whisking back and forth in cyberspace only confuses me. I get lost in the RF all the time and some times it is not much fun and others it is and I then forget what I was after in the first place.

So I stand by my depression. I cannot find chocolate ice cream on sale, and the only time I buy it is when it is on sale or I would turn into a dirigible and go bankrupt and now no more photoshopping goodies. Sniff. Perhaps we can revive the Worst Jewels Thread and I can go on a rampage again. Cheers.

PS. We have the further problem that people do not seem much of the time to get my admittedly senile and doddering attemps at humour. Sniff and one tear to that too.

Wymanda, dear heart, you are too kind. You may get around Elspeth's directions but I cannot. Like the proverbial rabbit when faced with the hungry tigress with sixteen cubs to feed, I just freeze. Tremble and quiver. And wait for the ax to fall. I then go and hide under my bed for hours until desperation and hunger drive me to try to face the world again. I spoon out a ration of chocolate ice cream and then head back to the RF and hope that SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED is so busy mangling somebody else or my nonsense is so trivial -and does not violate the rules- that SHE does not waste HER time and DEIGN to notice. But I have run out of CIC and cannot find any on sale!!!!!

BTW, what are photobuckets??? I have been thwacked on the knuckles about such contraptions and have not a clue as to what on earth anybody is talking about. What are they, and if they are as loaded with royalist goodies as you say they are, how do I slip by SWMBO and get my grubby paws on them??????. And drool happily by the hour. And not have HER notice??? Cheers.

I suppose it would be a waste of time to point out that these were LadyK's directions?

Here's a link to Photobucket, where you can store photos:

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

You can sign up for a free account there, and any time you see a Photoshopped tiara that you can't live without, you can save a copy of the photo in your album there, where you can look at it without having to click links.

Tigress, indeed. I invite you to look at my profile picture...
wolfmmm.gif

You're going to tell me you don't know what profile pictures are now, aren't you? ;)

Lady K, could you possibly photoshop The Strathmore Rose tiara on Zara and Kate Middleton, The Scroll Tiara on Lady Sarah Armstrong, The Persian Turquoise tiara on The Duchess of Cornwall or The Turquoise Parure of the Duchess of Gloucester on The Duchess of Cornwall

Here's the Persian Turqoise tiara on the DoC.

Wow your photoshopping skills are awesome!

Ah, the noble Lady K strikes again. Marvelous. But if you consult the Bible, ie Mr. Munn's magnum (in the original meaning of the word, big, massive) opus you will see that the actual tiara is smaller than you have presented it. But still it is a delight, unfortunately owned probably by the greedy Viscount Linley and therefore you maybe sure it will never adorn the head of Camilla of the interesting past. It will probably be sold to some Chinese industrialist or Korean automobile magnate and willl disappear forever.

And, no, I haven't a clue as to what profile pictues are either. Cheeers.

Thomas, I love to read your posts! You have a wonderful way with words and great sense of humor!

Lady K, OMG I bow down to u and i think you should change ur name to Queen K the Queen of Photoshopping ;) thank you so much

The Duchess of Cornwall does have a turqoise & diamond necklace HOPEFULLY she can have it as a tiara also but I doubt she would :|

Last edited by a moderator:
Turquoise is very becoming to Camilla. If any of the Grey Men are reading, please advise PoW to find the Duchess a turquoise tiara.

Since turquoise is not that expensive, (take a gander at the prices of sapphires and particularly rubies, Lord Help You) and throw in a few diamonds and Charles should be able to expend the quid to get a complete parure. the thing of the Duchess of Glouchester is a lovely goodie indeed. Perhaps our resident Photoshopping Goddess could whisk that onto the head of Camilla by ways of comparison. cheers.

I think that Camilla looks fantastic in the tiara--nice work, Lady K. I agree, you deserve a higher ranking title--
Now, I was looking around and found a tiara that I have always felt looked a little awkward--its beautiful, but I would like to see it a little less big--Lady K, what do you think about playing with the nine prong tiara that Queen Silvia wears???
Queen Sophie's Diamond Tiara
Queen Sophie's Diamond Tiara

Well, I got a few minutes to tinker with Queen Sonja's Nine-Prong tiara. I came up with two new tiaras by simply splitting the tiara into two.

The first tiara uses the top portion of the original tiara (the swags and top diamonds) and the diamond band. I then lowered the overall height of the swags (because otherwise it'd just look ridiculous). It's much more modest than the original.

The second tiara uses the lower portion of the Nine-Prong tiara (the sunrays and wave motif). It's amazing how different it can look from the original by just taking off the swags and diamond clusters! I also shank the sunrays down just a little bit so they are more proportionate to the rest of the tiara. I really like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom