The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Well it's not a good photoshop job so that doesn't do poor Kate any favors!
I just downloaded this imaging thing I found browsing the Mac site. So I did some clumsy playing around. It's hard to find a gala-style pic of Kate. She might look loads better with tiara if her hair is up, but it's hard to find a pic of her at all with the hair up, harder still in formal attire.... I think I'll try to put something on Chelsy's head.... any ideas?
It doesn't look right because Kate's hair is down and she has that long piece in front.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:58 PM

Well........... this next photo shop job definitely will not score for me any favors with the Ghost of The Queen Mother.

Chelsy Davy...... wearing the Oriental Circlet....
http://i24.tinypic.com/oswuwh.jpg

Old 11-29-2007, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Alternate wedding tiara for Princess Mary: The Ruby Tiara

Mary with Ruby Tiara as weddingtiara

Polfoto

Old 11-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Wow- I never considered the ruby parure tiara for Mary's wedding, but I love it! It doesn't fade away like her tiara did, and it makes her hairdo and veil look better. Great job!

Old 11-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
Wow- I never considered the ruby parure tiara for Mary's wedding, but I love it! It doesn't fade away like her tiara did, and it makes her hairdo and veil look better. Great job!
Thanks!
And I agree! When I had the idea I thought that the Ruby Tiara might be too big as a wedding tiara , but when I photoshopped it on Mary I was surprised in a positive way!
It would have looked great, IMO! As you said, Lady K ... the little Tiara got lost in her hairdo ; but the Rubies would have gotten all the attention.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Nobility

I really do like the Ruby Tiara as the wedding Tiara also!!
Old 11-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Thanks!
And I agree! When I had the idea I thought that the Ruby Tiara might be too big as a wedding tiara , but when I photoshopped it on Mary I was surprised in a positive way!
It would have looked great, IMO! As you said, Lady K ... the little Tiara got lost in her hairdo ; but the Rubies would have gotten all the attention.
I was little disapointing of her wedding tiara I thought and still think that ruby would be better.
All depend of that how she could worn it...
Old 11-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Letizia wearing the Fleur de Lys Tiara with open, curly hair

Letizia with Fleur de Lys

Old 11-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

I love it HM
Old 12-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Princess Letizia wearing the Fleur de Lys Tiara with open, curly hair

Letizia with Fleur de Lys
Nice but with ohter hairdo.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Courtier

I agree with the noble Magnik, Letizia does look wonderful but needs a different hairdo and overall setting. As for Princess Mary wearing the Desiree Clary paurure, I go into orbit. I agree that her other tiara is just too understated. But in that DC parure contraption it dion't git no better
Bubba. After all with a tiara you want something there and I mean SOMETHING THERE. That is why I love all these big, gaudy flashy but wonderful goodies on the tops of these most noble ladies. I just cannot help but wondering how it really feels to wear a real honest to God diamond, etc contraption worth millions on the top on your lovely little or maybe not so little head.

Do they take headache powders or aspirin as a form of preventive medicine I wonder. is there such a thing as tiara shock or some such?? After all the exhualted Queen Mary herself complained to the Duchess of Devonshire (of all people) about her tiara being so heavy and having to wear it so long it was giving her a headache. Ah the sacrifices that one must make for public duty.

I have always wondered why they did not just use aluminum or some such and cover it with leaf of gold or some such. After all how much do all those diamonds etc weigh in the first place. There are I believe 132 carats in an ounce. just how difficult or painful would it be to wear a pound or so of quality diamonds, emeralds, sapphires or other gorgeous delights on your head. My goodness, a bicycle helmet must weigh as much and if I had such a contraption of diamonds and say sapphires to parade about in public a headache would be the fartherest thing from my feeble mind. Cheeers.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Nice but with ohter hairdo.
Well, but IMO the Tiara looks better with this hairdo then with the hairdo I posted first.
Letizia usually doesn't wear "big" hair, so it is hard to find a good hairdo to photoshop that giant Tiara on her head!

Old 12-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Inspired by the fantastic creativity that goes on here, I'm considering purchasing a version of Photoshop, but probably not the newest as that would be expensive and extravagant. Would you dear people say that the slightly older version of CS2 would be a good place to start as I've located an online seller at discount prices? (private messages in reply will be fine as I'm not out to publicise anything!)
Old 12-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
Inspired by the fantastic creativity that goes on here, I'm considering purchasing a version of Photoshop, but probably not the newest as that would be expensive and extravagant. Would you dear people say that the slightly older version of CS2 would be a good place to start as I've located an online seller at discount prices? (private messages in reply will be fine as I'm not out to publicise anything!)
I'm using CS2 at the moment. But if you want to use an older version, I would suggest Photoshop version 7. I've used it for the longest time and was satisfied with it's features, until I've heard of CS2 and decided to buy it.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Nobility

Here's my first try for photoshopping a tiara:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2...ara1kl6.th.jpg

Here are the elements I've used:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8...ingusedzm8.jpg
Old 12-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Courtier

Smile

You can design me a Tiara anytime! It is just beautiful, very nice job,
Old 12-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Administrator

Very creative and impressive work, galatea_12!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
It is also possible to get an actual CS3 version of Photoshop
called student version with exact the same features but costs all about 180 €

you only have to find someone that studies
Old 12-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Courtier

Pant, gasp, slurp, drool. Oh Galatea 12 you have aroused my tiara lust. I wish I could do things with photoshopping but I really am a computer or technical lost cause. Hopeless, brain dead and addicted to chocolate. Tragic really. When I think of all the wonderfuls things and toys I could play with. Of course nobody, by way of challenge has surpassed Lady K's magnificent improvement over the Bagration tiara or Fabula's renditions of the Dehli Durbar tiara. But there are so many incredible goodies still. People such as yourself and the above listed genii are inspirations for us poor lost mortals indeed. charge on, 180 euros (?) and all. Cheers.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:04 AM
Nobility

Here's my second tiara. I only did a minor nip/tuck on the original one.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1971/tiara3bafv4.jpg

And I used Princess Madeleine as my model.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9466/tiara3modelxl5.jpg

Tags
camilla, coronation, jewellery, photoshop, queen, tiaras