The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Your Majesty,

I do not think that one would dare to say "dear" Your Majesty. That would be sufficient to land one either in the Tower or under it. Be that as it may I think the contraption works wonderfully well with emeralds but I have always had my doubts about that big clunker of an emerald, can an emerald ever be a big clunker????- which is the center piece of the whole goodie. It has always seemed to me to a be failure of design, they had this big green aand very nice looking rock and just did not know what to do with it so they just stuck it on. Perhaps if one could just shift the angle of the setting to match the other emerlds at the top it would work????? cheers.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Why not just take the 'clunker' off and make a lovely necklace, with a pretty, simple diamond chain?

Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Or better still, O Lady K, most brilliant and most noble, prostrations and praise. Why not take the square clunker which is supposed to be the center of the whole thingamabob and alter the angle so that it looks like the other emeralds at the top of the tiara but obviously larger for obvious reasons and remove the medium emerald underneath the square cut emerald at the top center. That would be most interesting indeed. After your brilliant improvement of the Bragation tiara I am waiting with baited breath. Cheers.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Another experiment:
Máxima wearing Letizia's wedding Tiara

Maxima with Leti's Tiara

and

Letizia with the Danish Ruby Tiara

Letizia with Ruby Tiara
Old 11-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks HM, the Brunswick tiara looks good on Maxima, and as a nice detail I see you eplaced the Aquamarines in the necklace by pink topaz. It looks nice. If you need a suggestion: I would love to see Maxima in the Wurttemberg pearl tiara of the Dutch RF...
Old 11-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Royal Highness

I think Maxima would look better in Mary's tiara. Maxima strikes me as a big, "over the top" kind of person, so a bigger tiara would become her. Letizia is a more refined, delicate woman IMO -- the Delhi Durbar tiara would overwhelm her for example (but not Maxima).

This isn't a personal criticism of Maxima. I just think she is a true Latina (who can wear big hats, big jewelry, slightly outrageous outfits).
Old 11-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

The danish ruby tiara looks good on Letizia but could you perhaps put the ruby Parure on Queen Margrethe. I think it is sad that she will most likely never wear these grand piece, because it was worn by her ancestors. And perhaps the mellerio sapphire tiara and the Stuart tiara on Maxima. And on Letizia the Fleur-de-lys, the 2 spanish diamond and pearl tiaras.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-03-2007, 09:52 PM

Did I dare?

I did.

Kate Middleton, wearing Teck Crescent tiara

http://i16.tinypic.com/6h5rno7.jpg
Old 11-04-2007, 02:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Kate Middleton, wearing Teck Crescent tiara
No! no. noo!!!!! You really shouldn't have!!!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Courtier

HaHa CasiraghiTrio. Very funny. This tiara does not suit her. I'm not sure any tiara would, really.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Aristocracy

Kate Middleton looks pretty good wearing a tiara. I guess anyone with jewels on their head will look good...LOL,but I'm sure some examples are out there that that show otherwise...LOL
Old 11-04-2007, 10:04 AM

Well it's not a good photoshop job so that doesn't do poor Kate any favors!
I just downloaded this imaging thing I found browsing the Mac site. So I did some clumsy playing around. It's hard to find a gala-style pic of Kate. She might look loads better with tiara if her hair is up, but it's hard to find a pic of her at all with the hair up, harder still in formal attire.... I think I'll try to put something on Chelsy's head.... any ideas?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness

But, always nice to see the Teck Crescent Tiara!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Aristocracy

I always prefer ladies with long hair to wear it up for tiaras or even just for formal occasions.
As for Chelsy how about try the Essex tiara I think owned by cartier now.
here is a link to a whole buch of different tiaras
Essex Tiara, Cartier, 1902 pictures from history photos on webshots
Old 11-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And perhaps the mellerio sapphire tiara and the Stuart tiara on Maxima. And on Letizia the Fleur-de-lys, the 2 spanish diamond and pearl tiaras.
Ok,here you go:

Letizia with the Fleur de Lys Tiara (hope it is the one you meant ):
Letizia wearing Fleur de Lys

Máxima with the Mellerio Sapphire Tiara
Máxima with Sapphires

Quote:
Originally Posted by marengo
If you need a suggestion: I would love to see Maxima in the Wurttemberg pearl tiara of the Dutch RF...
Máxima with Würtemberg Pearl Tiara

Old 11-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone photoshopped Russian tiaras to our royal ladies?
It could be funny.

First when I saw Letizia in Fleur de Lys Tiara I thought that reminds me somehow Empress Charlotte
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...by_Graefel.jpg

but when I look second time on it I thought that Letizia reminds me much more
this lady in this tiara http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1132685808 in this tiara
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1118614377 too (both zarzuela)
Old 11-04-2007, 04:33 PM

Daisygoogles, I followed that link and noticed another tiara on this page: Diamond tiara, c. 1905 pictures from history photos on webshots
I think this one might look very nice on Chelsy. I'm hardly anything like a "tiara person" though, so it's just a hunch I guess.
I'm not sure about the Essex one, but I suppose I can try both for her and we'll see.... Practice is practice.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Daisygoogles, I followed that link and noticed another tiara on this page: Diamond tiara, c. 1905 pictures from history photos on webshots
I think this one might look very nice on Chelsy. I'm hardly anything like a "tiara person" though, so it's just a hunch I guess.
I'm not sure about the Essex one, but I suppose I can try both for her and we'll see.... Practice is practice.
Oh yes, that's a very pretty tiara which would look nice photoshopped on Chelsey's head. Does anyone know anything about this tiara?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post

Máxima with the Mellerio Sapphire Tiara
Máxima with Sapphires

Máxima with Würtemberg Pearl Tiara
Thanks HM, the Wuerttemberg pearl tiara looks good on Maxima, as does the sapphire tiara. But it will probably take some time before we will see her wearing them in reality, she certainly can wear the big tiara´s without being overwhelmed. Nice to see Maxima with dark hair too (sapphire pic), I wish she would try this in reality too.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Commoner

Does anyone else think that Maxima looks good in just about any tiara she is pictured with? Do you think that maybe the shape of her face has something to do with it? What I mean is that some princesses do not look good in large tiaras and some do not look good in the small tiaras...but Maxima seems to look good in all of them!

Just a thought!

Tags
camilla, coronation, jewellery, photoshop, queen, tiaras