Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the noble Magnik, Letizia does look wonderful but needs a different hairdo and overall setting. As for Princess Mary wearing the Desiree Clary paurure, I go into orbit. I agree that her other tiara is just too understated. But in that DC parure contraption it dion't git no better
Bubba. After all with a tiara you want something there and I mean SOMETHING THERE. That is why I love all these big, gaudy flashy but wonderful goodies on the tops of these most noble ladies. I just cannot help but wondering how it really feels to wear a real honest to God diamond, etc contraption worth millions on the top on your lovely little or maybe not so little head.

Do they take headache powders or aspirin as a form of preventive medicine I wonder. is there such a thing as tiara shock or some such?? After all the exhualted Queen Mary herself complained to the Duchess of Devonshire (of all people) about her tiara being so heavy and having to wear it so long it was giving her a headache. Ah the sacrifices that one must make for public duty.

I have always wondered why they did not just use aluminum or some such and cover it with leaf of gold or some such. After all how much do all those diamonds etc weigh in the first place. There are I believe 132 carats in an ounce. just how difficult or painful would it be to wear a pound or so of quality diamonds, emeralds, sapphires or other gorgeous delights on your head. My goodness, a bicycle helmet must weigh as much and if I had such a contraption of diamonds and say sapphires to parade about in public a headache would be the fartherest thing from my feeble mind. Cheeers.

Nice but with ohter hairdo.
Well, but IMO the Tiara looks better with this hairdo then with the hairdo I posted first.
Letizia usually doesn't wear "big" hair, so it is hard to find a good hairdo to photoshop that giant Tiara on her head! ;)

Inspired by the fantastic creativity that goes on here, I'm considering purchasing a version of Photoshop, but probably not the newest as that would be expensive and extravagant. Would you dear people say that the slightly older version of CS2 would be a good place to start as I've located an online seller at discount prices? (private messages in reply will be fine as I'm not out to publicise anything!)

Last edited:
Inspired by the fantastic creativity that goes on here, I'm considering purchasing a version of Photoshop, but probably not the newest as that would be expensive and extravagant. Would you dear people say that the slightly older version of CS2 would be a good place to start as I've located an online seller at discount prices? (private messages in reply will be fine as I'm not out to publicise anything!)

I'm using CS2 at the moment. But if you want to use an older version, I would suggest Photoshop version 7. I've used it for the longest time and was satisfied with it's features, until I've heard of CS2 and decided to buy it. :)

You can design me a Tiara anytime! It is just beautiful, very nice job,:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very creative and impressive work, galatea_12! :flowers:

It is also possible to get an actual CS3 version of Photoshop
called student version with exact the same features but costs all about 180 €

you only have to find someone that studies :D

Last edited:
Pant, gasp, slurp, drool. Oh Galatea 12 you have aroused my tiara lust. I wish I could do things with photoshopping but I really am a computer or technical lost cause. Hopeless, brain dead and addicted to chocolate. Tragic really. When I think of all the wonderfuls things and toys I could play with. Of course nobody, by way of challenge has surpassed Lady K's magnificent improvement over the Bagration tiara or Fabula's renditions of the Dehli Durbar tiara. But there are so many incredible goodies still. People such as yourself and the above listed genii are inspirations for us poor lost mortals indeed. charge on, 180 euros (?) and all. Cheers.

Thanks for all the advice - I shall do someshopping around. Still in awe of the beautiful creations so thanks for the help & advice....

I know that there has been a lot of comment that the five strand Greville necklace was OTT on Camilla. If this picture was genuine would it still be too much?

and would the Saudi Rubies still be lacking in elegance????

Maybe not at that scale but if they were superimposed at their true proportions, then yes they would still be too large and too much. Either of these necklaces would in reality have come way beyond the neckline of this dress - by several centimetres....:rolleyes:

I think both pieces look great in your photoshopped pictures. The saudi ruby necklace I think looks better then the Greville 5 strand. That Greville necklace seems so hard to wear yet the Queen mother seemed to do it well. Maybe because she was bustier/more stout(sorry but that's the only word to describe her) and the Greville looks better on bigger women. ???

I love both of your pictures BTW. Thanks for taking the time to do them and share them with us

Although it does look better on Diana in your photoshops, in reality, the scale of the Saudi Rubies is much larger. Diana was too pretty and delicate for them to look any good on her- she looked better with more delicate and intricate pieces. The Saudi Rubies are a bit too big for anybody, imo.

I think the Saudi rubies need to be broken up--the piece looks like it belongs on a Mummy or something.

How about this new take on the Delhi Durbah?

Oo, I like that one!

How about these? (Apologies for my lack of photoshop skills)

Last edited:
Would it be possible for some of our photoshop experts to put QEII's diamond fringe tiara (the same tiara that Princess Anne wore to her wedding or Princess Marina's wedding tiara now being worn by Princess Michael of Kent) on Princess Mary? I would love to see what this kind of tiara would look like on her. I know QMII doesn't own any fringe tiaras so I don't think we'll ever get to see Princess Mary wear one except by photoshop or unless Prince Frederik gets her one.

Thanks a bunch.

-Ayvee

I love this thread!! All of you photoshoppers do a GREAT job!

Probably the worst photoshopping around but how about these?

Dear Wymanda,

The floral wreath tiara of Queen Margerethe II is a magnificent piece of jewelry. Why don't you dig up a picture of it with the drop dead massive and magnificent diamond necklace-it has rocks on it that remind one of golf balls and earings to die for. Mary would look out of this world in the whole nine yards. So get another picture of her, frontal view please, and splendidly bedeck the good lady to everybody's delight. Cheers.

Wymanda--lovely photos of Camilla in Queen Alexandra's tiara--it looks very nice. A surprise was how nice she looked in the last tiara as well--the one with the emerald sash (I believe it was one of the Empress Marie Feodorovna's pieces--not sure off hand). I've never reallly loved that piece, but it looks very nice on Camilla in your photo. Nice work!

Your photo of CP Mary gives a nice idea of how the piece would look--I think that Mary is a beautiful CRown PRincess and wears pieces so nicely. I'm looking forward to more from her! Thank you for the taste.

I note that Wymanda has bestowed HRH with not just the Garter, but the Thistle as well!

The Marie Feodorovna diamond & sapphire bandeau is a piece crying out to be rescued from those dusty vaults. Perhaps Wymanda could send this pic off to Clarence House? :D

Well, who is in charge of the Royal Jewels anyway. Is there a royal jeweler or secretary or whatever who has the key to the vault (s) under Buckingham Palace. Lord High Jeweler?? Her Majesty's Keeper of the Trinkets?? Rock Warden of Buckingham Palace.??? Or does the good Queen Herself carry the key or combination on a slip of paper on parts of her person that are not discussed. Much less on the Royal Forums, although some of the bonmots floating around here lately have gotten rather ripe on occassion.

Perhaps we should suggest that they have the underground vault or whatever tour. Charge 15 quid for a quickie tour of all the goodies and they could easily pay the civil list for a year and silence all those pc fanatics who are demanding tranparency, whatever that is. All of us would be either buying a place in line or getting plane and boat tickets to London.

As for taking the sapphire trinket out of the vaults and wearing it, by all means, go for it!!! We should send in an humble advice
and petition with all the members signatures to the Queen suggesting that seeing her magnificent personage in something other than the rather tired old Girls of Britain and Ireland tiara (or whatever the name of the contraption is) would greatly reduce the level of boredom and even more immensly increse our (ie your faithful, loyal and loving subjects and would be subjects) happiness. She would look fabulous in that sapphire bandeau, so much better than the sapphire flop she wears now.

As for the talented and wondrous Wymanda, I say Go to!!! Go to!!! What more delights and wonders can you devise???
Cheers.

Last edited:
Well, who is in charge of the Royal Jewels anyway. Is there a royal jeweler or secretary or whatever who has the key to the vault (s) under Buckingham Palace. Lord High Jeweler?? Her Majesty's Keeper of the Trinkets?? Rock Warden of Buckingham Palace.??? Or does the good Queen Herself carry the key or combination on a slip of paper on parts of her person that are not discussed. Much less on the Royal Forums, although some of the bonmots floating around here lately have gotten rather ripe on occassion.

Perhaps we should suggest that they have the underground vault or whatever tour. Charge 15 quid for a quickie tour of all the goodies and they could easily pay the civil list for a year and silence all those pc fanatics who are demanding tranparency, whatever that is. All of us would be either buying a place in line or getting plane and boat tickets to London.

As for taking the sapphire trinket out of the vaults and wearing it, by all means, go for it!!! We should send in an humble advice
and petition with all the members signatures to the Queen suggesting that seeing her magnificent personage in something other than the rather tired old Girls of Britain and Ireland tiara (or whatever the name of the contraption is) would greatly reduce the level of boredom and even more immensly increse our (ie your faithful, loyal and loving subjects and would be subjects) happiness. She would look fabulous in that sapphire bandeau, so much better than the sapphire flop she wears now.

As for the talented and wondrous Wymanda, I say Go to!!! Go to!!! What more delights and wonders can you devise???
Cheers.

By all means, they should sell tickets to the underground vault! I would fly over to the UK tomorrow if they made the announcement that a tour of the jewels was underway. H-E-Double HOckey Sticks (that's two L's), I may even move there. How difficult is it to move overseas, anyway?
I quite agree Thomas--Her Majesty needs to pull out the sapphire bandeau and retire the "sapphire flop she wears now". Not that I hate the sapphire thing like I used to--it is still better than the Burmese, after all. But, this Marie Feodorovna piece needs to be seen.
I would also like to see some amethysts worn sometimes soon--to have such a magnificant necklace, brooch, earrings, and hair combs and not wear them--well, it is a travesty! I say we just give them to Queen Silvia of Sweden--she wears all her pieces--at least they would be seen!

but the Thistle as well!

Actually, that was me..hehe.

Wymanda has used the photograph I manipulated, and has added her own variations (Garter, jewellery etc).

The floral wreath tiara

The diamond floral aigrette, I believe.

Last edited:
Far be it from me, Madame Royale, to presume to correct a lady of your distinction and dignity, but I believe the item placed upon the head of the marvelous Princess Mary is the one given below, ie. the Floral Wreath Tiara. It is fabulous. Unfortunately I am computer challenged and a hopeless idiot where these gizmos are concerned. So I cannot photoshop and if I did it would come out MadThom's little House of Horrors. Of course one must add that these little fauxpas and minor, indeed microscopic imperfections only greatly add to your charm. Cheers. Do oggle the goodies below.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/05a9891f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom