The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
Well, Good People, I must say that there is not a woman alive (or man either for all that) who would not or does not look good in pearls. One may question the design however. I think Catherine's hairdo needs to be redone but other than that the Lover's Knot tiara is magnificent. It would be even better if they restored the upper row of pears which were removed some decades ago, a serious failure of courage if I may say so. As for Mary the pearl and diamond mix is fine just as it is. What I would love to see is Catherine in the Fife tiara (my favorite) or has anybody thought of decking her out in emerals. I think that would be just hit the mark.
Very good to see you back on TRF.

Have a look at posts 782 and 791 by Madame Royal

Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, Good People, I must say that there is not a woman alive (or man either for all that) who would not or does not look good in pearls.
Oh yes pearls are very elegant indeed and will always make a superb fashion statement. HM has always been fond of pearls with most of her day and evening outfits. I dare say this is classic elegance at it's best. I also think this is why the Lovers Knot tiara is so special. The pearls just add the splendid elegance of this truely remarkable piece. I do so hope this tiara will be reserved for Kate some day, not purely because of the link to Diana (William's Mum) but I do also think the pearls will stand out against her glorious dark hair.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, Good People...
To repeat Muriel, a very warm welcome back Thomas!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Serene Highness

Gardot, I think you've got mad photoshop skills compared to most people I know. Good job! More!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Courtier

Well, Good People, since I am totally incompetent in the area of computer bedecking of royalty and must appeal to my betters, may I suggest adorning the noble Duchess of Cambridge in the Desiree parurue of Princess Mary and let us see how she would look in all those gorgeous rubies. Admittedly rubies are the most difficult of the precious stones to handle well. And you will pardon my obsession with the Bagration tiara but it could make a superb form in which to present the noble lady adorned with emeralds or sapphires. Pearls I think are the easiest and least problematic to wear. Mm. Royale's portrait of Catherine is superb, the only imporvement I could suggest would be a differernt arrangement of her hair, turly a minor point. But if you really want to see some flaunting of jewels get ahold of some of those pictures of Indian maharajas. There is one in the book Carier of one of these character with enough jewels on him to stop traffic and blow Queen Mary fully weighted down with every diamond to her name out of the room. Were I to wonder down the streets of Columbia covered with such-sufficiently fortified by chocolate of course-the place would grind to a halt. But this is the deadful month of August when one can hardly move. So if you brilliant photoshoppers would concoct some of these brazen goodies it would contribute much to my happiness and bring a shaft of light into my life as wonderful as a half gallon of good chocolate ice creat on a hot August afternoon. Cheers.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:55 PM
Nobility

Luxembourg BLING redesign

Many times several of us have posted that while the Russian Tiara of the Luxembourg collection is impressive, it is rather awkward in design, particularly on Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, as it only makes her look shorter and stubbier (almost like Miss Piggy) and she can be quite beautiful. Part of the problem is her hairstyles. To look appropriate, the tiara needs either really full hair or to be worn up. Really full hair on MT gives the Miss Piggy effect even more prominence and she doesn't really look great with her hair up and pulled back because then it makes her face look really fat. I don't think they would ever consider it, but I believe some relatively minor (and what look to be simple) adjustments on the tiara would not only decrease the overwhelming size, but would modernize it and make it more attractive when worn. So I photoshopped some adjustments removing some of the elements but trying to maintain as much of the character of the original as possible. Here is the result:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Let me know what you think.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:46 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, this would make the tiara looking much better and not so HUGE!
While Queen Silvia simply has the face, hair and total look of being able to wear the huge Swedish tiara perfectly, this unfortunately does not apply for GD Maria Theresia. So in her case the change of the tiara would fit perfect for her as well as more "wearable" whereas still impressive.
BYe Bine
Old 11-18-2011, 03:28 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH the Duchess of Cambridge

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2.../catherine.jpg

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-18-2011, 03:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Oh my- YES PLEASE!

Kate needs to wear that tiara. I adore that one. And with the rest of the sapphires... it's just incredible.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

The sapphire bandeau looks great on her! It has a timeless design and needs to get out of the vault soooon! I think that it would look great on Sophie as well. But Kate has the ring, hasn't she?
Old 11-18-2011, 06:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Nice but lose the pearls and add the Saudi suite!
Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Aristocracy

is that a British tiara?

my website: www.hw-photoall.nl
Old 11-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Yes indeed. It's the Empress Maria Feodorovna diamond and sapphire tiara (or bandeau). It has a sunburst or sunray design and is one of the many treasures languishing in the vaults. It was bought by Queen Mary, passed on her death to the present Queen and was worn occasionally by Princess Margaret. It is currently in the possessaion of HM and sadly hasn't seen the light of day for decades.

Cleaned and polished, and under the right lighting, the diamonds would flash very nicely indeed.

There are a few pics about but none of them do it justice. Here are two thumbnails, of Queen Mary and Princess Margaret...
(note that it is more substantial than initial appearances would suggest)

v Empress Maria Feodorovna diamond and sapphire bandeau tiara.
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful job of the tiara and choker on Kate. That's how nicely a tiara would like on proper tiara hair. More sapphires, please!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Royal Highness

and more hair up too
Old 11-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you Warren for your information :)

my website: www.hw-photoall.nl
Old 11-25-2011, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

The Crown Princess of Denmark

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ede/CPM1-4.jpg

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Royal Highness

Beautiful I love that delicate tiara!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Incredibly beautiful! I really hope she will wear that tiara sooner or later!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Aristocracy

WOW such good work well done

Tags
camilla, coronation, jewellery, photoshop, queen, tiaras