The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

A prospective Queen Consort Camilla. I created an impression as Princess Consort some to ago so it's only fair

Note that some pieces of jewellery are more detailed than others. The ones that look fairly plain were extracted from photo's of either Queen Alexandra or the Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Camilla1-1.jpg

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Excellent, as usual MR!
Your choice of jewels is very interesting.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

As with Queen Alexandra, her jewellery generally wasn't applied to match but was worn in abundance. It appeared the more jewels you wore, and the less they blended, the higher the position you were likely to hold. And although Alexandra was undoubtedly burried in jewels, there was certainly an art as to how they were placed.

Now, to dress Camilla in any such fashion would be considered nothing short of kitsch by most people's standards, but a likeness to a lesser extent can be subtely achieved and made to work.

She shouldn't be affraid to mix and match. She will have one of the largest, if not the largest jewellery collection in the world at her disposal. Lets hope she is guided well by her dressers!

I think her and Charles could bring back a little old world charm if they wished too. The Prince of Wales is an entirely modern man, but very much a current day 'Edwardian' as well which I quite like.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMolly View Post
I laughed a little when you said she got lost under the Strathmore, the most delicate of the tiaras, but not behind the much larger camebridge knot tiara. The strathmore rose is named for the queen mum's family, a gift from Claude Bowes-Lyon, 14th earl of strathmore and kinghorne. She wore it on her wedding day, but is so delicate, one can almost not see it under her veil if you look at the photos.
I believe everyone seems to think the SR is small because of the Queen Mother's wedding photo's. The can't see it . . . . but you can't see what isn't there.

It was a wedding gift from her family but she did not wear it for her wedding. Her veil was anchored by a band of myrtle and a York rose on each side rather than the tiara we'd expect today. (Bridal tiaras in the royal family weren't so common back then.)

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: The Queen Mother's Gown
Old 04-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I know some people will loathe it, but I was just curious to see what it would look like on.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ssWilliam4.jpg

And re all the posts since my last upload, you're welcome ladies.
This is great I do hope we will get to see it on Kate in real life one day. I over the moon about the work you did with the Strathmore Rose I would rebut anyone who says it is too small for the wedding ..it has been my favorite for the wedding...
Old 04-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Courtier

When Diana divorced it is said she was allowed to keep her Royal Jelwels as long as they could not be lent out or sold so that one day they would be passed to William's wife. When Diana died they went back to the crown, It was always the intention for William's wife to wear Diana's Jelwels as every other child or spouse of a child does. Even if the parent is dead, as we have seen throughout history with the royal family every tiara we have seen on HM/Princess/Lady was worn by the queen/princess or lady before her..it is thier honor and their right to do so. If Kate agrees and has NO problem with it then why should we...this is my opinion may you keep your own..
Old 04-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Royal Highness

Why does every thread have some post about this issue? :) I believe Dianas personal jewels belong to her sons, her Royals jewels reverted to Crown and thus are the Queen's (or whomever is the embodiment of the crown) to do with as she wishes- hence why one day Camilla could wear the Lovers Knot when she is Queen.... this has been posted many many many times and plp who are far more knowledgable then I have said this.....let's look at more lovely pics! :)
Old 04-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Royal Highness

Yep, this subject creeps up often. I agree with seeing more lovely photos.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

It was always the intent that Diana's royal jewels would pass to William for his wife. That was stated in her divorce agreement because obviously it was expected Diana would outlive The Queen. Because she tragically did not, the tiara and other jewels were returned to HM as they were personal bequests from Queen Mary and belong to her.

I won't be surprised if the Lover's Knot Tiara ends up with Catherine. The Queen hasn't worn it in the 14 years since Diana's death, which leads me to believe it was in safekeeping for when William married.

But we'll have to see what happens. It may remain with the royal collection after all.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Why does every thread have some post about this issue? :) I believe Dianas personal jewels belong to her sons, her Royals jewels reverted to Crown and thus are the Queen's (or whomever is the embodiment of the crown) to do with as she wishes- hence why one day Camilla could wear the Lovers Knot when she is Queen.... this has been posted many many many times and plp who are far more knowledgable then I have said this.....let's look at more lovely pics! :)
I agree we all have differing opinions about who got what so I almost feel like we should agree to disagree.

Great photoshops though. It gives us at least an idea of what she might look like with a tiara.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Courtier

Has anyone tried photoshopping Charlene Wittstock yet? Here's something I did. Nothing fancy, didn't spend much time with this but I think she would look fabulous with Princess Grace's rubies. I hope the Van Cleef & Arpels ruby tiara is still somewhere to be found.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/x...ne_rubies1.jpg
Old 05-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy

Nice work Catharina! The ruby tiara looks quite nice on Charlene with the red gown!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Aristocracy

Looks great! But is this tiara still in the family?
Old 05-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I hope so, it looks great on Charlene in that photoshop!

Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Crown Princess Mary debuted new alterations on her wedding tiara during a state dinner at Fredensborg Palace on 11 May. It's received some mixed reviews in the Crown Princess Mary Jewelry thread, so I decided to try some photoshopping.

Here is a picture from the state dinner, not photoshopped. (Originally posted by Tamara at Royal Jewels of the World Message Board)

And here's how the tiara would look if:

The base was removed

the pearl base changed to diamonds.

all the pearls changed to diamonds.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Wow, I think these two versions would look fantastic! I actually don't think the pearl base matches the rest of the tiara, so a diamond base like in your photoshopped version would be a good choice.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Wow, I think these two versions would look fantastic! I actually don't think the pearl base matches the rest of the tiara, so a diamond base like in your photoshopped version would be a good choice.
Lovely as these two versions are (and well done on the photoshop job!), ncluding all those diaminds is going to be quite expensive, and to me, it was clear Mary was not keen to spend the money in the alteration.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Has anyone tried photoshopping Charlene Wittstock yet? Here's something I did. Nothing fancy, didn't spend much time with this but I think she would look fabulous with Princess Grace's rubies. I hope the Van Cleef & Arpels ruby tiara is still somewhere to be found.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/x...ne_rubies1.jpg
WOW!!! Charlene is a natural tiara wearer. Good job on the 'shopping.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I prefer the original version of Mary's tiara.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Thank you.

I'm not a huge fan of the pearls either, so I like the diamonds on top, but I'm not very fond of either the diamond or pearl bases. Too harsh of a line, imo.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Courtier

I agree - I like the version with no base at all. The phrase "gilding the lily" comes to mind.

Tags
camilla, coronation, jewellery, photoshop, queen, tiaras