Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady K--
The wonderful picture you created of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall wearing the splendid Teck Crescent Tiara can be found in Post #42 of this thread.
You know, Camilla would look wonderful in the Oriental Circlet, too. AND in Queen Alexandra's russian fringe tiara or the Girls of Great Britain tiara OR Grand Duchess Vladimir's tiara. Oh my, I got on a roll and couldn't stop. Let's see--can you possibly create Camilla in the Grand Duchess Vladimir's tiara with emerald drops AND the Delhi Durbar necklace? Can you work a little magic? :duchyofcornwall:

I remember the crescent tiara one- I liked it!

What I meant was, which post were you looking at when you saw it and thought I had posted a new photoshop here?

we'll see what I can do with Camilla and those tiaras-it might take me a few days.

Mea Culpa, mea maxima culpa. O Elspeth Most Noble. I grovel in abject humiliation. Of course it is Prince Michael of Greece, a grandson however many generations removed of Catherine the Great. It is my stupid Lyme Brain, you see I have lyme disease and it just short circuits the brain. But I feed the bugs chocolat and they and I are happy. We also like gin and sherry, but not together of course and that is another matter.

May I suggest that we remove that pathetic butterfly contraption over to the worst jewels thread. That picture of Sonja definately qualifies her for our Halloween party. So now she has the butterfly sillything and the Viking cows horns marauders tiara. Two major flops. Pretty good I should say. As for MM we will not even go there. I would be permanently banned if I said what I thought of that one. and the emerald thing, except for the big, square clunk in the middle is such a magnificent piece of jewelry.

And I still keep hoping that the noble Ms Lady K will brilliantly rise to the challenge of the honeysuckle tiara and plop a gorgeous sapphire right in the middle of it. Cheeers.

Again- I do the photo-editing, but I really don't have the time to do some of the searching for more obscure tiaras. If you tell me where they are, I'll see what I can do.

--never mind, I just googled it. (yes, I am busy procrastinating on other things, so I looked)

Is this the one you mean?

Thomas Parkman said:
May I suggest that we remove that pathetic butterfly contraption over to the worst jewels thread. That picture of Sonja definately qualifies her for our Halloween party.
You have to view historical jewels in the context of their time and reason for their creation. The "butterfly" tiara was designed to be a 'feather-holder', when ladies wore large ostrich feathers in their hair. The feathers had to be attached to something, and what better than a diamond hair ornament?

A butterfly? How on earth does that thing represent a butterfly? They are like eagles wings, almost :ermm:

what ever it is, it shouldn't be worn alone- that I can see as the front of one of Thomas's Brad Pitt turbans! (that thought alone may be enough for Thomas to visit the little padded room with the men in white!)(But to be nice to Warren, I'm not going to photoshop that)(although if I did, I'd have to put some tiara on Angelina Jolie)

Clarifying confusion.

You are correct, Warren Most Noble, the contraption on top of Sonja's royal head is an aigrette. The actual aigrette can be a large or not so large hat pin or it can be a sort of bejeweled base-a thinned down tiara if you wish to hold large feathers. There was this mania for feathers at one time. I remember in the Cartier book I once cited that there was this gorgeous thin diamond band or bandeau I should say holding a 92 carat sapphire with smaller sapphires and diamonds around it which served as the base for a large corsage(???) of feathers. I thought the feathers ridiculous and the gem stones and bandeau sublime. But then we do have the Iranian emerald aigrette that I still keep trying to get somebody to photoshop onto Brad Pitt sans the leather mini skirt he wore to such fabulous comic effect in the movie "Troy".

Dear Lady K, kindly get ahold of the book "The Jewels of the Tsars" by Prince Michael of Greece. You will love it. It explains so much and the goodies they have in it are just incredible. You wll go into orbit over it. You will absolutely adore me for suggesting it to you. You will find in it a picture of this massive sapphire goodie. Take that and the pictures you have of the present Duchess of Glouchester and remove the dreadful kunzite centerstone and replace it with the lifted sapphire good from the Js of the Ts. Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion Thomas, but honestly, I just do not have the time right now for much besides class-related "research"! This is why I often rely on you guys to help me out with finding the pictures.

After some discussion in the "worst royal jewels thread" (one of my favorites, and one I get a lot of inspiration from for this thread) about Sophie, Countess of Wessex's Black and White Pearl wedding necklace. Nobody seems to like it, and Thomas suggested that if it just had white pearls, it would be much better. Well, Thomas, you were right: Image

Then I thought, 'well, if you are going to cover up the black pearls, why not remove the cross as well to make it look like a traditional pearl string?' So I did: Image

I like the second one best.

the picture was originally posted by daisygoogles on the Worst Royal Jewels thread.

Last edited:
Here's a photoshop of Marie wearing a Tiara
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
(Madeleine Glindorf)

(Note: I just chose the weddingtiara of Princes Mary because it was the first picture of a tiara that came across.
Of course I know that Marie will not wear it ;))

But, nevertheless, Her Majesty, the tiara looks good on her. Thanks for showing us a "possibility".

Mette-Marit and the Amethyst-"Tiara" worn as a necklace.

Mette-Marit with Amethyst Necklace
(Scanpix)

IMO it should be worn as a necklace only... I don't really like it worn as a "Tiara". Queen Sonja wore it as a necklace a few times.. I'd love to see MM wearing it too.

Queen Emma's Diamond Tiara
Queen Beatrix wearing the big version of the Tiara , with the Diamond Stars that originally belong to it.
Beatrix wearing the big version of the Diamond Tiara

Máxima wearing the small version of the Queen Emma Diamond Tiara with one Ruby
Máxima with the Diamond Tiara

Diamond Star Tiara
Beatrix wearing the Small Button Tiara with the Diamond Stars; the version Máxima used to wear
Diamond Stars Tiara

Laurel Wreath Tiara
Máxima wearing the Laurel Wreath Tiara
Laurel Wreath Tiara

Her Majesty, your work is absoluty astonishing!

These done for the new "Marie" in the circle of young and beautifull Princess wearing tiara are absolutly convincing. We can suppose that we will see this scenne in the reality very sooner.

Thanks for the anticipation.

Maxima looks lovely in the Laurel Wreath Tiara.

Thanks Her Majesty, I like all the Dutch suggestions. Maxima and the Laurel tiara, I would be surprised if she ever wears it, sadly. They seem to reserve this for more ´junior´ princesses. Beatrix in Maxima´s start tiara does look good, the starts need to be backed by some fluffy coiffure!

Maxima looks lovely in the Laurel Wreath Tiara.

She does....but I don't like the black pearl necklace she is wearing with it. Perhaps something a bit more delicate(?) different (?) would be better, but I'm not sure what....?

:eek: you gave Maxima one of HM new and coloured pearl necklaces of Bonebakker jeweler. I see them each day in the shop window, so that certainly takes away some of the magic.:doh:

Thomas Parkman said:
As for the Bragation tiara and comb, I go into absolute orbit and start foaming at the mouth, drooling and plotting about how to get into bank vaults. It too would be greatly imporved if the coloured stones in it were either rubies or blue sapphires. The design of the contraption is a masterpiece.

Where is the Noble Ms Lady K with her massive photoshopping genius when you need her??? I shall have to go calm myself down with large doses of cholcolate. Cheers.

Oh here I am!

Here is the Bragatian Tiara with Rubies

And here it is with Sapphires.

Have a piece of chocolate for me!

Prosstations and praise. Incense, flowers, music and rare gems. Genius, sheer genius. I am stunned. Both versions are superb. The sapphire version has exceeded my wildest imaginations. It is simple put a supreme masterpiece of the imagination and art. I have been almost speechless for minutes in delight. Now if only in real life we could get somebody to listen us and create a complete parure. If I could mail things I could send you some wonderful ideas for the necklace and earings to go with it. I am deeply grateful for what you have done. I shall now go home and eat a half gallon of Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream. If you hear a loud explosion in the distance you will know it is yours truly blowing up and dying blissfully happy. Cheers.

Here's another version ;)

Marie with Tiara

(polfoto)

I was sort of daydreaming (not paying attention, thinking of tonight supper menu) and when I clicked on your picture it brought me back to earth, you did such a fantastic job, dress, sash. You just made one little boo-boo...............she needs much nicer earrings.

LadyK said:
Ok, I'll try photoshopping that other star tiara, but the is absolutely nothing I can do to make that Horrible Wonderwoman Tiara of Queen Sonja's better- except maybe removing it entirely....

that goes in the tiny heap, along with Margrethe's Poppies, of bad jewels that I just can't fix.

here it is: tiara with no stars

I LOVE it. Really. I do. I thought it was already beaufiful, but this is so much mroe elegant and versitile. I wonder if it is made in such a way that the stars can be removed and used as brooches? That would be nice. I love the star brooches that Queen Alexandra used to wear--

I can just see it on Mary (but she already has another ruby tiara, but red suits her), Letizia, or even Victoria.

A much iimproved contraption indeed!!! Now all we need to do is get in touch with the owners of these horrors and tell them this is what they need to do to shape up and straighten out the abysmal lapses of taste perpetrated by the exaulted ancestors. so get out the pliers, jewery saws and soldering torch and get to work. Your last little bijoux, Lady K, was a marvelous improvement over the original. A nice diamond/ruby necklace, some earings and a stomacher/brooch and it would be perfect. Just use the left over diamonds, rubies and other goodies choped off the tiara. Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom