The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Well I'll be shocked speechless. The chocker actually works!!!! I think it would look much better in emeralds or sapphires. And the Wurtemburg Ruby Tiara is actually almost charming. Rather delicate. HMMM.

Plus the fact that thanks to the Noble Elspeth we now are able to see the marvelous Iranian aigrette that I crave and that sends me into orbit without having to worry about the copywright grinches. LOvely. You both have contributed greatly to my happiness and I hope that of all the other members as well. These royals just need the Members of the List here to critique them and advise them in all matters public and private. In ten years of so all these blasted republics would be passe.

So to the wondrous Lady K and the glorious Elspeth:

I prostrate and praise.

I offer beautiful jewels-diamonds, rubies, sapphires, pearls, emeralds, flowers, rare scents, gorgeous fabrics, elegent clothes of the finest design and materials, rare wines, and the finest 70 and 85% chocolate as an expression of my gratitude.

I prostrate and praise.
Even though these things are only offerings in cyberspace, I hope you will be kind enough to graciously accept them. Cheers.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

By Janet and Thomas's request, here is Camilla wearing the Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara, which is sitting in some wonderful royal vault.
I like it on Camilla- the breadth of her hair seems to work with the wide base on the tiara. I'm not sure that QEII would look good in it.
I thought that the tiara would set off better on someone with dark hair. But then there isn't really anyone in the BRF with dark hair. I could put it on Kate Middleton, but well, I don't want to, so I put it on Lady Sarah Chatto. I know she rarely ever wears a tiara (has she worn one since her wedding?) but I gave it a try. And suprisingly, it kind of works. I prefer it on Camilla, though.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall wearing the Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara

Lady Sarah Chatto wearing the Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara

Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Serene Highness

^would look better on Sarah. I think Camilla looks better in larger tiara's. But then again, I'd love to see anyone wear that tiara since it hasn't been seen in so long!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
And the Wurtemburg Ruby Tiara is actually almost charming. Rather delicate. .
I believe I said that over in the Worst Jewel thread when this tiara was being disparaged! Oh how I love being right!
Old 03-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Courtier

But Ruby Princess, dear heart, it had all those ghastly stars on it then. And still does. Of course in the Noble Lady K's rendition the whole thing is completely unbalanced. One would either need a much more massive tiara to balance the chocker or a much more delicate necklace.

As for the Teck Moon Cresent thingie, it is really nice and I would say that it would probably look very fine on Camilla indeed. Perhaps someday she will wear it. It really is such a great pity that wearing tiaras is no longer that much in style but perhaps humanity will begin to come to its senses. Cheers.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Royal Highness

Lady K--you have done it again! Camilla looks so regal in the Teck Crescent tiara--I hope it emerges once again (its such an historic piece!). You are to be applauded--it looks like she is actually wearing the thing--such skill on your part! Thank you again and kudos to you, Lady K!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Courtier

Has anyone photoshopped this tiara yet?
(From GettyImages):

Old 03-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Courtier

Dear RachelD,

I would love to either snarl at or drool over the tiara that you have so kindly brought to our gimlet eyed attention here. We are after all a rather stringent bunch, we do have our standards. But unfortunately something has happened which causes me great frustration all the time. Instead of the picture of the sightly goodie I get this message, You are not enrolled You cannot view the whatever. Devastating. You would think I had the mange or was a vector of bed bugs. I admit that I am a street person in residence at four libraries but I am generally not considered replusive, or at least so repulsive that they call the police every time I enter the door. Usually they jhust keep a supply of chocolate goodies of some description on hand and toss a few my way when the nerves start going bad and I begin to have my fits and spasms in public. If that does not work they then mention, ever so delicately the men in white coats and something about how painful shots can be. I calm down very quickly. So here I am perplexed about what should I do. Sniff. No new tiaras today. Cheers.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

Thomas,
Cruise over to the Grand Duchesse Maria-Teresa jewels page, go to the third page and scroll down--you'll see her posed quite regally in a pink gown (sitting down) wearing a large diamond tiara, two stunning necklaces, pearl drop earrings, and one serious brooch--its a good pic of her tiara and some glitteratti--not unlike the Great Queen Mary

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Thomas, was your post about not being able to see the pic, or about yourself?
The Plan B tip for Getty Images pics that don't immediately show is to click on your browser 'refresh' button.

If that doesn't work and we have to take you to Plan C on a stretcher or in an ambulance, we don't have far to travel because it's right here.

Enough diamonds in this one for you?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Courtier

Dear Warren,

With regard to plan C., nobody puts me on a stretcher. They put me in a straight jacket and aim a needle at my botton and dangle chocolate in front of me, tell me to march forward toward the waiting paddy wagon or else and I usually goose step out of the premesis and after the usual thirty days without the option I am back on the streets wrecking havoc again.

My post was about not being able to do anything with a computer. When I say I am a computer mongoloid, you really MUST believe me. I am helpless and hopeless. There are all these goodies I can just never find. Sniff.

Now about the Grand Duchess, I really do not know what to think. Are those yellow diamonds in the masssive tiara or is that an optical illusion. the emeralds are lovely. I think the tiara could use a few. It is really so massive I do not quite know what to think of it. Kind of like Queen Sylvia's Braganca tiara I think. And yesss. There are enough diamonds in this one, just barely. Cheers.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:50 AM
Administrator

Glitter!

Quote:
Now about the Grand Duchess, I really do not know what to think. Are those yellow diamonds in the masssive tiara or is that an optical illusion. the emeralds are lovely. I think the tiara could use a few. It is really so massive I do not quite know what to think of it. Kind of like Queen Sylvia's Braganca tiara I think. And yesss. There are enough diamonds in this one, just barely. Cheers.
Most pics of the grand Luxembourg tiara make it appear quite "heavy". However, last week in Belgium there was one rare shot which showed this tiara at it's brilliant and shimmering best. A different perspective which proves that it must be quite something to behold in 'real life'.
(Thomas, you may need to put on your sunglasses.)

Old 03-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I was curious to see what Princess Mary would look like with the Fife tiara. It seems to have the delicacy that she favors. It's my favorite tiara and I don't like how it looked on the original owner, the Duchess of Fife who was a bit too masculine looking for such a finely detailed tiara.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...Denmark_fi.jpg

Mary seems to have the right look to pull off this beautiful tiara.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Most pics of the grand Luxembourg tiara make it appear quite "heavy". However, last week in Belgium there was one rare shot which showed this tiara at it's brilliant and shimmering best. A different perspective which proves that it must be quite something to behold in 'real life'.
(Thomas, you may need to put on your sunglasses.)

I think the difference comes because it was more worn as a crown than last year in the Netherlands. Also Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte wore it most in the way than Maria Teresa last year with most of it in the front which made it looking quiet heavy. I think for example Queen Sofia should also wear her Fleur-de-Lys Tiara more like a crown and in a rounder shape.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Dear RachelD,

I would love to either snarl at or drool over the tiara that you have so kindly brought to our gimlet eyed attention here. We are after all a rather stringent bunch, we do have our standards. But unfortunately something has happened which causes me great frustration all the time. Instead of the picture of the sightly goodie I get this message, You are not enrolled You cannot view the whatever. Devastating. You would think I had the mange or was a vector of bed bugs. I admit that I am a street person in residence at four libraries but I am generally not considered replusive, or at least so repulsive that they call the police every time I enter the door. Usually they jhust keep a supply of chocolate goodies of some description on hand and toss a few my way when the nerves start going bad and I begin to have my fits and spasms in public. If that does not work they then mention, ever so delicately the men in white coats and something about how painful shots can be. I calm down very quickly. So here I am perplexed about what should I do. Sniff. No new tiaras today. Cheers.
Thomas,
So sorry for the failed picture. I promise next time I will do a much better job of posting these crown jewels. And just for you...I send you a bunch of dark chocolate kisses!
Thanks Warren for posting the picture!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lady Sarah looks soo elegant in the Teck Crescent Tiara.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I was curious to see what Princess Mary would look like with the Fife tiara. It seems to have the delicacy that she favors. It's my favorite tiara and I don't like how it looked on the original owner, the Duchess of Fife who was a bit too masculine looking for such a finely detailed tiara.

I like it too- but I think it would look better on Mathilde (delicate pretty features). Maybe I'll try that later when I get back from work.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel

Very nice! Mary can wear large tiaras and look like she's wearing them, not them wearing her! Excellent work Ysbel!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Courtier

Well, Rachel, dear heart, the thing is gorgeous but Mary is just sublime beyond belief in the Desiree Clary parurue. I would love to see an actual picture of her wearing the Fife and have a matching necklace, earings, stomacher, bracelet, ring, the whole nine yards. The problem with all these blasted tiaras is that they are so blooming expensive that after burying one nobody, it seems, can afford to buy the goodies to go with them. I for one have a stomacher fetish, plus necklaces and all the rest of it. But stomachers are just wonderful. Such a pity they went out of style years ago. I have recently discoverd in a book on Cartier, which is to die for, this contraption called an escharpe (sp) which is a kind of diamond or bejewled chain with pendants on each end that I gather one sort of drapes or dangles over the bosoms to just glitter all over the place. I wonder do any of the members know anything about it and if so could somebody dig up some royal person or whatnot wearing one. Now that should cause Warren to lie sleepless in the night. Cheeers.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Well Thomas, I did spend some time on this quest but I'm not sure of this word "escharpe" which I couldn't find, nor your description of a diamond or jewelled chain "with pendants on each end". Is the chain (large necklace?) circular or linear, and what sort of pendants do you mean? Specifics and more detail please!

Or is this the item of jewellery you are trying to describe?

Queen Marie of Yugoslavia
(copyright expired)

Tags
camilla, coronation, jewellery, photoshop, queen, tiaras