Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princess Mary debuted new alterations on her wedding tiara...
Great job. The big thing for me, in terms of the tiara, is that it looks quite small. Mary therefore has to be careful how she wears it otherwise it gets lost in all that hair. The nice idea about the new base is that it sits up higher so therefore it looks bigger to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I think these two versions would look fantastic! I actually don't think the pearl base matches the rest of the tiara, so a diamond base like in your photoshopped version would be a good choice.

I have to say - i agree with you. The tiara itself is rather delicate - the pearl base looks to geometric somehow...

:previous: geometric, that's exactly the right word! The base is too geometric for the organic form of the tiara.

Can anyone photoshop the diamond necklace that the Queen wore in Ireland as a tiara on to the Queen's head. I believe it is one of the Harry Winston necklaces.

Can anyone photoshop the diamond necklace that the Queen wore in Ireland as a tiara on to the Queen's head. I believe it is one of the Harry Winston necklaces.

it's post on thread Queen Elizabeth II tiaras and necklaces 2
see #445 :flowers:

Love this necklace - can someone with the skill also photshop it onto Sophie as well?

I wonder what CP Mary would look like if her wedding tiara was replaced with a bigger one like her ruby tiara.I did not like her wedding tiara,it was just too small for her big hair.

I´m not good in this. Here Charlene with her new tiara.

rvc3nd.jpg

I don't think I care for that tiara much. :ermm:

Princess Charlene is very beautiful, but that tiara does look quite overpowering and too fussy against her facial features for it to work. However, I do like the idea behind the design :)

I absolutely adore Charlenes tiara! It is so special,delicate and beautiful.Grace Kelly used to wear a lot of gorgeous jewels and tiaras and she sometimes had them in her hair with a sophisticated updo so the big pieces of jewellery didn´t look that "massive".

Should her hair start to thin considerbly, she'll have very little choice. Otherwise, I think it rather unlikely myself.

Well, Good People, I must say that there is not a woman alive (or man either for all that) who would not or does not look good in pearls. One may question the design however. I think Catherine's hairdo needs to be redone but other than that the Lover's Knot tiara is magnificent. It would be even better if they restored the upper row of pears which were removed some decades ago, a serious failure of courage if I may say so. As for Mary the pearl and diamond mix is fine just as it is. What I would love to see is Catherine in the Fife tiara (my favorite) or has anybody thought of decking her out in emerals. I think that would be just hit the mark. I am not quite so sure how sapphires would work in her but that should be looked into as well. May I suggest for those with a talent for these things the Bagration tiara with the spinels changed to either sapphires or emeralds and then tried out on the magnificent Mary. Of course nothing could be an improvement over her wearing that fabulous ruby parure of hers. Or as I said of QEII adorned with her sapphire tiara etc, the woman is so beautiful that she made the sapphires look good rather than the other way around. Cheers. ps. PHotoshoppers Go to, Go to.

Well, Good People, I must say that there is not a woman alive (or man either for all that) who would not or does not look good in pearls. One may question the design however. I think Catherine's hairdo needs to be redone but other than that the Lover's Knot tiara is magnificent. It would be even better if they restored the upper row of pears which were removed some decades ago, a serious failure of courage if I may say so. As for Mary the pearl and diamond mix is fine just as it is. What I would love to see is Catherine in the Fife tiara (my favorite) or has anybody thought of decking her out in emerals. I think that would be just hit the mark.

Very good to see you back on TRF.

Have a look at posts 782 and 791 by Madame Royal

Well, Good People, I must say that there is not a woman alive (or man either for all that) who would not or does not look good in pearls.

Oh yes pearls are very elegant indeed and will always make a superb fashion statement. HM has always been fond of pearls with most of her day and evening outfits. I dare say this is classic elegance at it's best. I also think this is why the Lovers Knot tiara is so special. The pearls just add the splendid elegance of this truely remarkable piece. I do so hope this tiara will be reserved for Kate some day, not purely because of the link to Diana (William's Mum) but I do also think the pearls will stand out against her glorious dark hair.

Last edited:
Gardot, I think you've got mad photoshop skills compared to most people I know. Good job! More!

Well, Good People, since I am totally incompetent in the area of computer bedecking of royalty and must appeal to my betters, may I suggest adorning the noble Duchess of Cambridge in the Desiree parurue of Princess Mary and let us see how she would look in all those gorgeous rubies. Admittedly rubies are the most difficult of the precious stones to handle well. And you will pardon my obsession with the Bagration tiara but it could make a superb form in which to present the noble lady adorned with emeralds or sapphires. Pearls I think are the easiest and least problematic to wear. Mm. Royale's portrait of Catherine is superb, the only imporvement I could suggest would be a differernt arrangement of her hair, turly a minor point. But if you really want to see some flaunting of jewels get ahold of some of those pictures of Indian maharajas. There is one in the book Carier of one of these character with enough jewels on him to stop traffic and blow Queen Mary fully weighted down with every diamond to her name out of the room. Were I to wonder down the streets of Columbia covered with such-sufficiently fortified by chocolate of course-the place would grind to a halt. But this is the deadful month of August when one can hardly move. So if you brilliant photoshoppers would concoct some of these brazen goodies it would contribute much to my happiness and bring a shaft of light into my life as wonderful as a half gallon of good chocolate ice creat on a hot August afternoon. Cheers.

Luxembourg BLING redesign

Many times several of us have posted that while the Russian Tiara of the Luxembourg collection is impressive, it is rather awkward in design, particularly on Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, as it only makes her look shorter and stubbier (almost like Miss Piggy) and she can be quite beautiful. Part of the problem is her hairstyles. To look appropriate, the tiara needs either really full hair or to be worn up. Really full hair on MT gives the Miss Piggy effect even more prominence and she doesn't really look great with her hair up and pulled back because then it makes her face look really fat. I don't think they would ever consider it, but I believe some relatively minor (and what look to be simple) adjustments on the tiara would not only decrease the overwhelming size, but would modernize it and make it more attractive when worn. So I photoshopped some adjustments removing some of the elements but trying to maintain as much of the character of the original as possible. Here is the result:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Let me know what you think.

Yes, this would make the tiara looking much better and not so HUGE!
While Queen Silvia simply has the face, hair and total look of being able to wear the huge Swedish tiara perfectly, this unfortunately does not apply for GD Maria Theresia. So in her case the change of the tiara would fit perfect for her as well as more "wearable" whereas still impressive.
BYe Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
The sapphire bandeau looks great on her! It has a timeless design and needs to get out of the vault soooon! I think that it would look great on Sophie as well. But Kate has the ring, hasn't she?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom