The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh please! Somebody shoot me now for I know I am going to say the most awful and ghastly thing!

...........I think I really like those earrings on Mary.

Block out the ghastly tiara (would look good on the fairy on top of the Christmas tree) and choker which would look lovely adorning the neck of someone's darling baby (labrador,smamoyd, huskey).

Something to do with her neck/carriage I think, and of course, her wonderful dark hair and eyes are set off marvelously by the gold.

And, chandelier earrings are all the rage now!

Old 02-13-2007, 05:28 AM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
hahahahahaha...

the trifecta....

Crown Princess Mary wearing the Wurttemberg Ruby Star Tiara, the Thurn und Taxis Stoplight Choker, and Queen Margrethe's Golden Poppy earrings (that go with her golden poppies head-thing)

I love how Mary looks almost sheepish to be wearing them.
OMG! you people might not understand, but I actually quite <like> the T und T choker on Mary!
(but never mind my taste: ...dare I admit it, I probably am the only one here who thinks the Swedish button tiara isn't all that bad.. (though not great, either)

Old 02-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
OMG! you people might not understand, but I actually quite <like> the T und T choker on Mary!
(but never mind my taste: ...dare I admit it, I probably am the only one here who thinks the Swedish button tiara isn't all that bad.. (though not great, either)
Actually, with Mary's long neck, she would look great in chokers. If there wasn't those big rubies and emeralds in the middle, it might not be that bad.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Oh, MY God!!!!

Oh, my God, what have I gone and done??? I regulary let loose my insanity upon the world and the things that come back are quite often enough to take one's breath away. With the Lady K, I should have known. The CP Mary contraption is simply incredible.

I agree that the choker she is wearing would make an excellent collar around one's handsome pet black labrador, hopefully male. The poppy earings are not that bad and the tiara is still a wicked step mother thinge out of Snow White and the 7 dwarfs of 1937 or maybe the opera Hansel and Gretel. But why not chop the stars off and see how the thing looks.

I also like chokers, if they are done right, but so many are hideous. Is it Princess Alexandra of Great Britain who has one that is very modern of diamonds and very beautiful. n ancy case I am shuddering in delicious anticipation at the truly evil and malicious inventions our resident genius of photoshopping is about to concoct. You must understand that mannana is Valentine's Day. I do not go out and buy chocolate for anybody else. I go out and buy it on sale, after Val's Day and then, well I go into delerium tremens and bliss. Cheeers.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Royal Highness

Together, the three are ghastly! But, I can see the point about the poppy earrings. The choker, well, I've seen better. It looks like a fruit bowl to me. As for the Wurtenburg Star tiara--I don't really hate it (not like I do that second Spencer tiara or the Burmese tiara of QEII's) but when you combine all three--well, I just can't help but hate the look but LOVE the comments!!
Well done Lady K!
And Thomas, I love it when you release your insanity upon the world and idea of chopping off the stars of the WUurtenburg tiara is GREAT. The stars could become brooches (I think the would be a lovely accent piece for the tiara)--
Lady K--can you again work a little magic for us????
Janet

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Royal Highness

ACtually, I was looking at the pic again, and if you took the star shape off and left the beautiful rubies atop the tiara, it might be quite attractive! I know I would take it, anyway.
Janet

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Dear Members,

Upon once again contemplating the masterpiece of sheer horror that at my gentle urging the noble Lady K has let loose upon the world, I cannot but be remined of the Wicked Step Mother whom I saw in Snow White when I was a child (yes Warren I too was once a little boy and no, I have never grown up) and it is the perfect moment when the WSM is getting ready to hand over the poisoned but oh so seductive apple to the innocent and gullible SW. The expression is perfect and the jewels a dead give away. A star for our Halloween Party has been born. Now who has the nerve to e mail this off to the Princess Mary???? Cheers.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can someone please photoshop a picture of Princess Diana wearing the swan lake neckalace and the lover's knot tiara.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Courtier

Recent photo of theyoung European royals

I recently saw a link on this group - somewhere! - to a portrait of 6 princesses (Madeleine, Maxima, Victoria, Mette-Marit, Mary & Mathilde)with four princes (Willem-Alexander, Carl Philip, Philippe and Haakon), all in very formal gear with the ladies in tiaras etc, but I can't remember where the thread was.

Can anyone pont me in the right direction please, and also any idea why the picture was taken? What event was it for?

Thanks a lot,
Old 02-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Here is the picture you asked for GillW. The event was the 60th Birthday Celebration of Carl Gustav. Getty: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&d=1172154119
Old 02-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandraRae
Here is the picture you asked for GillW. The event was the 60th Birthday Celebration of Carl Gustav. Getty
You are a star ZandraRae - that's the one!!
Millions of thanks,
Old 02-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Courtier

Warren!!! I need a huge favor. Can you post me a pic of the Baden Fringe Tiara, the Nine Prong Tiara and the one Madeleine wears all the time? Please. Like really close up ones OK?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Administrator

You're sure to find pics of these tiaras in the various Swedish Royal Jewels threads.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
There it is Lady K, where are you when we need you???? I found it Warren, sob, I even managed to copy it off and put it on an e mail. I really should ead more Rocky Road Ice Cream. I am not a totally helpless mongoloid after all.
In any case if this thingie is just not plain ugly would somebody please tell me what it. I will of course have to find that gorgeous drop dead Iranian emerald aigrette that I go into orbit over. Perhaps we could get or should I say corrumpt the Lady K into putting a turban and bejeweld fig leaf on Brad Pitt to show off the aigrette. I refer you to one of my naughtier postings, I am too exhausted now to look any further. It was in Indian Royal Jewels by the way. A marvelous and luscious thread indeed. Cheers.
Thomas's Turban-Crown Thingy

I'm not sure even Brad Pitt could pull off that thing in its original state. Maybe I'll try it on Guillaume or Felipe later-maybe it wouldn't look so horrid on their dark hair.
---I tried it. It still looked bad!---

However, I've transformed it, quite drastically, I think. I removed all the top part of the crown (the dome part), and kept the band. Then I removed the rows of pearls (I seem to do a lot of that ), and removed the dark spaces between the filigree work. It took me about five minutes of just staring at my laptop, saying "Thomas, what do you want me to do with this thing?" to get some creative ideas. The gold work was exquisite, and so by focusing on that, I took something..yuck.. and it turned into something pretty! I noticed the one, small emerald on the band, and repeated it a couple of times, for extra pretty. It's not dripping in diamonds, like I've done in the past, but I like it!

New Tiara from Thomas's crown

Old 03-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Courtier

Godd heavens, absolutely amazing. A marvel of understatement. Lovely indeed. the Indian royal jewels or whatever the name of it is is a wonderful thread indeed. In any case they can sell off the rest of the horror for the starving people of Darfur or some such. I must find for you and the members the Iranian emerald aigrette. But then I do not quite know how to cite the thing, so there we are.

I do wish you would take the Delhi Durbar Tiara that the wondrous Fabula2000 has so brilliantly reconstructed on the British royal jewels including Queen Mary and put the Cullinan V setting of it with the Cambridge emeralds. Just so I could be satisfied that on occasion I might know what I am talking about. Cheers. And again thank you so much. could we do a couple of Halloween goodies on this mess, just for laughs.????
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
That's really quite exquisite work. What photo editing software do you have?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Photoshop CS2- and a lot of practice!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Oh, Lady K, Most Noble, (kindly notice how I lay it on with a soup ladle laden with chocolate syrup when I want something) I have once again visited the spectacle that you have inflicted on the innocent and long suffering Crown Princess Mary and looked at the Thurm und Taxis labrador retriever dog collar and suddenly thought: If all the gems in that chocker were of the same type, ie all sapphires or emeralds or maybe even rubies the the thing might actually work. Further if you de-starred the Wurtemburg Halloween State Fair Ruby horror it would be a huge improvement. So would you kindly take out your scissors and pot of glue or whatever and accomplish yet another miracle, Just for me. Now that I have gone off chocolate I need all the help I can beg, borrow, buy or steal. And I have got to go and find that blasted emerald aigrette sooner or later. But this should be something to do and has two things of great virtue: 1. keeps you off the streets and out of mischief and 2. Gives Warren something to shudder about in the darkness of the night. Cheeres.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Courtier

Well, Dear Members and Elspeth, SHE WHO MUST Be OBEYED!!! I have lifted this from a site but cannot for the life of me figure out how on earth you give just the URL. Kindly delete if massive violations of copy wright law is involved. Shudder but here it is in a very, very poor photograph,

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Base/1406/jewel/4.jpg

The fabulous emerald aigrette. Or hat pin as you prefer. If the Lady K could now find a turban and stick the turban on Brad Pitt or whomever and this aigrette on the turban it would be priceless. The jewel is five inches long with a SIXTY Five CARAT emerald as the central stone. I just love it. The colour here in the photo is lousy. Cheers.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
Oh, Lady K, Most Noble, (kindly notice how I lay it on with a soup ladle laden with chocolate syrup when I want something) I have once again visited the spectacle that you have inflicted on the innocent and long suffering Crown Princess Mary and looked at the Thurm und Taxis labrador retriever dog collar and suddenly thought: If all the gems in that chocker were of the same type, ie all sapphires or emeralds or maybe even rubies the the thing might actually work. Further if you de-starred the Wurtemburg Halloween State Fair Ruby horror it would be a huge improvement. So would you kindly take out your scissors and pot of glue or whatever and accomplish yet another miracle, Just for me. Now that I have gone off chocolate I need all the help I can beg, borrow, buy or steal. And I have got to go and find that blasted emerald aigrette sooner or later. But this should be something to do and has two things of great virtue: 1. keeps you off the streets and out of mischief and 2. Gives Warren something to shudder about in the darkness of the night. Cheeres.
It's definately an improvement! Here's to keeping the little men in white away for you Thomas.

Mary in the Wurtemburg Ruby Star tiara (minus the stars) and the Thurn-und-Taxis choker (all rubies)

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, coronation, jewellery, photoshop, queen, tiaras