The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Well, I'm just dizzy with all the activity on this thread in the past day!
I am inclined to agree with jcbcode99 re the Lover's Knot. Lovely tiara as it was, it is probably one that would work best for a younger royal. That said, I think it is unlikely that William's wife will be wearing it. I would have thought that the BRF would want to avoid drawing too many parallels between Diana and what would have been her daughter-in-law.

It is possible that Charles or William may decide that Harry's wife could have the tiara. However, that too is unlikely because I am sure they would want such a major piece of jewellery within the hands of the monarch / future monarchs. I suspect Harry's wife will end up with a new tiara, without too much family history.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

is this the one? or similar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
Dear Lady K, kindly get ahold of the book "The Jewels of the Tsars" by Prince Michael of Greece. You will love it. It explains so much and the goodies they have in it are just incredible. You wll go into orbit over it. You will absolutely adore me for suggesting it to you. You will find in it a picture of this massive sapphire goodie. Take that and the pictures you have of the present Duchess of Glouchester and remove the dreadful kunzite centerstone and replace it with the lifted sapphire good from the Js of the Ts. Cheers.
Jewels of the Romanovs Treasures - Diamond Stickpin

Old 03-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

The Duchess of Cornwall Will NEVER wear the Lover's Knot Tiara Just bc of the WHOLE DIANA THING.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Courtier

Which really is a pity don't you think. Why in the world do people insist on drawing jewelry into their hangups and past history??? Talk about guilt by asssociation. It really is ridiculous. Magnificent though it is it is just jewelry, for goodness sake!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

Wink Your wish is my command

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
So, we're swapping horrors between families?
So, while we're at it, let's put QEII's aquamarine tiara on Lilian and MII---the three ugliest pieces trotted around Europe.
Advance apologies to all as this would belong on the Photoshop thread but as it was requested here:

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...aquamarine.jpg
this is closer to scale on the tiara, thanks Countess
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...ilian-aqua.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...an-poppies.jpg

Queen Margrethe with the scarab necklace--couldn't quite get the perspective right but still enough to give you an idea of how it would look:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...the-scarab.jpg
Still better than that golden poppy headress
Old 03-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Actually, although, I hate that tirara and necklace, on Princess Lillian, whi has such incredible bearing and style, it doesn't look as bad as it does on QEII. On her it looks like large gumdrop, plopped on her head and around her neck.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Actually, although, I hate that tirara and necklace, on Princess Lillian, whi has such incredible bearing and style, it doesn't look as bad as it does on QEII. On her it looks like large gumdrop, plopped on her head and around her neck.
I was just thinking the same thing (well, maybe not the gumdrop, but pretty much everything else)--it looks really good on Lilian--but then again, the scale is a little smaller than in real life. I was surprised it could look good!

However, the gold net flowers thing--well, it looks like a bunch of growths on Princess Lilian's head. BRAVO--that's pretty much the idea behind the piece I would imagine!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Courtier

Well good people, the aquamarine colour goes wonderfully with Princess Lillian. The tiara needs to be redisgned and seem not quite so bulky or awkward or even gangly ????. The tiara should be smaller scale but still in an art deco style. I do not know quite how. The gemstones themselves are wonderfull.

As for my other suggestion-plopping the poppy horror on anybody is to say the least most unking. It looks like poor Lillian as tumours growing out of her head. And the scarab horror is just that and even MII's grandeur cannot redeem it.

But thanks to those most willing souls who again have indulged my raving insanities. Cheers.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
...It looks like poor Lillian as tumours growing out of her head. ...

That is exactly what I thought!! That thing just needs to be melted down or saved for Halloween....

Old 03-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Serene Highness

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/wymanda/th_CLKT3.jpg

My attempt!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Royal Highness

Wymanda, that looks pretty good! It gave me an idea--how about the pink drops on the Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara of QEII's? We've seen various circle tiaras with emerald, pearls, and aquamarines--these pink sapphires may be very lucious with such a piece.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post

My attempt!
Great job! I love it!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Here are a few different Tiaras for Emma Pernald

http://i27.tinypic.com/vwx1e1.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/20stzk8.jpg

Getty

Old 03-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Princess Lillian would look beatiful with an aquamarine tiara, especially one designed especially for her. The light blue gems against her silver hair is very attractive.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Gentry

I was reading the 'How much is too much' thread, and I was wondering if anyone could deck a younger royal (perhaps CP Victoria) out ala Queen Mary style?

TIA :)
Old 03-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post

Getty
I like Emma in Baden Fringe Tiara second in first link and in Ammethyst Tiara in second link.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

A tiara for Princess Stephanie

A request to the talented & creative members of this thread - please would you provide Princess Stephanie with a tiara (preferably one that Gace wore) as I don't think it is going to happen anywhere other than in cyberspace
And, if your creative juices are still flowing, perhaps have a go at Charlene Wittstock - or should I just sit & wait for that
Old 03-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
I like Emma in Baden Fringe Tiara second in first link and in Ammethyst Tiara in second link.
I agree--Emma in the amethyst tiara is really beautiful! She looks good in them all, but I love this particular style on her. It suits her--

Old 03-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Serene Highness

Wymanda, I love your creation! I really wish that were a real tiara! Those stones are so pretty. Where did you cut them from?

Also, I like the photoshops of Emma in all the tiara's. I hope Carl and Emma marry soon so we can see those in real life!
Old 03-10-2008, 02:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post

Getty
I know it may seem rude of me, and this is not intended to be offensive in anyway, but Emma Pernald looks much too common, imo. She just doesn't possess the royal X factor.

That's some great photoshopping though...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, coronation, jewellery, photoshop, queen, tiaras