The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow your photoshopping skills are awesome!

Old 02-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Ah, the noble Lady K strikes again. Marvelous. But if you consult the Bible, ie Mr. Munn's magnum (in the original meaning of the word, big, massive) opus you will see that the actual tiara is smaller than you have presented it. But still it is a delight, unfortunately owned probably by the greedy Viscount Linley and therefore you maybe sure it will never adorn the head of Camilla of the interesting past. It will probably be sold to some Chinese industrialist or Korean automobile magnate and willl disappear forever.

And, no, I haven't a clue as to what profile pictues are either. Cheeers.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Nobility

Thomas, I love to read your posts! You have a wonderful way with words and great sense of humor!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
Great job, LadyK. Your photoshopping skills are the best!

Any chance we might get to see the DoC with the Kokoshnik on, or with a tiara made out of the Saudi rubies when you get the time?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

Lady K, OMG I bow down to u and i think you should change ur name to Queen K the Queen of Photoshopping thank you so much

The Duchess of Cornwall does have a turqoise & diamond necklace HOPEFULLY she can have it as a tiara also but I doubt she would :|
Old 02-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Turquoise is very becoming to Camilla. If any of the Grey Men are reading, please advise PoW to find the Duchess a turquoise tiara.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Courtier

Since turquoise is not that expensive, (take a gander at the prices of sapphires and particularly rubies, Lord Help You) and throw in a few diamonds and Charles should be able to expend the quid to get a complete parure. the thing of the Duchess of Glouchester is a lovely goodie indeed. Perhaps our resident Photoshopping Goddess could whisk that onto the head of Camilla by ways of comparison. cheers.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Royal Highness

I think that Camilla looks fantastic in the tiara--nice work, Lady K. I agree, you deserve a higher ranking title--
Now, I was looking around and found a tiara that I have always felt looked a little awkward--its beautiful, but I would like to see it a little less big--Lady K, what do you think about playing with the nine prong tiara that Queen Silvia wears???
Queen Sophie's Diamond Tiara
Queen Sophie's Diamond Tiara

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Well, I got a few minutes to tinker with Queen Sonja's Nine-Prong tiara. I came up with two new tiaras by simply splitting the tiara into two.

The first tiara uses the top portion of the original tiara (the swags and top diamonds) and the diamond band. I then lowered the overall height of the swags (because otherwise it'd just look ridiculous). It's much more modest than the original.

The second tiara uses the lower portion of the Nine-Prong tiara (the sunrays and wave motif). It's amazing how different it can look from the original by just taking off the swags and diamond clusters! I also shank the sunrays down just a little bit so they are more proportionate to the rest of the tiara. I really like this one.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Royal Highness

Lady K, I can't pull anything up--I'm clicking on the link, and then I'm lost.

But, while I'm here, what do you think of this delectable, cough cough, piece? Can you improve it??
Crownprincess Margareta`s Necklace
lilian

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Lady K, I can't pull anything up--I'm clicking on the link, and then I'm lost.
Thanks, I fixed it

Quote:
But, while I'm here, what do you think of this delectable, cough cough, piece? Can you improve it??
Crownprincess Margareta`s Necklace
lilian
No

There is no hope for it- just take it apart and start over.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
And, no, I haven't a clue as to what profile pictues are either. Cheeers.
Oh, Thomas....

Here's a link to my profile:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...peth-2678.html

The profile picture is the non-tigress critter on the right.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
Well, I got a few minutes to tinker with Queen Sonja's Nine-Prong tiara. I came up with two new tiaras by simply splitting the tiara into two.

The first tiara uses the top portion of the original tiara (the swags and top diamonds) and the diamond band. I then lowered the overall height of the swags (because otherwise it'd just look ridiculous). It's much more modest than the original.

The second tiara uses the lower portion of the Nine-Prong tiara (the sunrays and wave motif). It's amazing how different it can look from the original by just taking off the swags and diamond clusters! I also shank the sunrays down just a little bit so they are more proportionate to the rest of the tiara. I really like this one.
Thank you for fixing! I have to say that the second tiara was what I had in mind for a change--but the first tiara looks fantastic too! LadyK, what a fantastic job you've done!
Does anyone know how large that central diamond is in this tiara??? It's quite big.

And, LadyK--I loved your response about Lilian's necklace--no hope for the hopeless. I totally agree---and you have proved that it is unsalvagable as it is!

Old 03-01-2008, 04:41 AM
Heir Apparent

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...sede/003-1.jpg

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Great work, MR! Queen Anna Pavlovna's tiara looks great on Mary's dark hair.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Great work, MR! Queen Anna Pavlovna's tiara looks great on Mary's dark hair.
That's it's name! Thank you Marengo, I couldn't remember.

I really wish this tiara was part of the Danish collection. It would look just wonderful on Mary. The Dutch royal women are so lucky to have the pieces they do.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The Duchess of Cornwall

King George Fringe Tiara
http://i29.tinypic.com/2wcln6a.jpg

Lover's Knot Tiara
http://i27.tinypic.com/r0dro0.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/vq748h.jpg

Old 03-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
That's it's name! Thank you Marengo, I couldn't remember.

I really wish this tiara was part of the Danish collection. It would look just wonderful on Mary. The Dutch royal women are so lucky to have the pieces they do.
Well IMO the Danish collection is prettier than the Dutch one, the Dutch just have more, bigger stones but awfull designs usually.

Sadly most of Anna's jewels went to her daughter in Weimar. This is the only piece the Dutch RF has left though the stones of the saphire parure come from Anna too. Anna was a lucky woman btw, her jewels got stolen ones, she received a new collection from her hubby and brother, after that the old ones were found back and she ended up with a double collection.

---------

The fringe looks good on Camilla btw, as does the Lovers Knot, a pity she can't wear that one!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well IMO the Danish collection is prettier than the Dutch one, the Dutch just have more, bigger stones but awfull designs usually.
I would agree the Danish collection is prettier, however, the Dutch have more to play with.

Mary only has her wedding tiara/necklace and the Desiree parure. The wedding tiara is much more agreeable as a necklace and the parure we see but only once a year.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Princess Märtha with her mother's Star-Wars, uhmm Modern Topaz Tiara

http://i29.tinypic.com/34o7yfc.jpg

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, coronation, jewellery, photoshop, queen, tiaras