Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 1 (to Feb 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia

Royal Highness
Artists and jewellers in the Netherlands created tiaras for Maxima Zorreguieta in honor of her of marriage to Crown Prince Willem-Alexander. How would some of you like to create a tiara in honor of Mary Donaldson? I know we have many talented artists who will be more than up to the challenge!

What will inspire you? Will Denmark inspire you? Will Mary's Scottish heritage serve as a muse to your creations? Or will Mary's former homeland spark some marvelous ideas?

and here comes Mary!

Attachments

• altered_fred_and_mary.jpg
    altered_fred_and_mary.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 6,641
Last edited by a moderator:
Julia and I were thinking that it would be fun for our fellow posters to create some tiaras for the Season. Put your Photoshop to work and let the snow and ice and the winter holidays be your inspiration!

Here's my version of a winter tiara. I started with the Youssopov tiara whose body is made of rock crystal (the "ice"). Then I added pearls (the "snow"). Would look good on a dark-haired beauty such as Mary or Victoria.

rockcrystalnew.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not very good at this but here is my effort

Attachments

• Tiara1a.jpg
    Tiara1a.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,177
mashed potatoes said:
Perhaps we should get another tiara in the mix...
This has lots of elements to play with...
courtesy Getty Images

The Ancona Tiara (Duchess of Savoy-Genoa) .

AnconaTiaraDuchessofSavoy-Genoa.jpg

I'm not a true fan of freshwater pearls but these are to die for. Please keep it coming!

Queen Mary's Amethyst Tiara

I realize that this tiara is part of the parure that is now out of QE2's hands. The necklace is being sold on sj phillips but here, i just had some fun altering the tiara for modern day, if the queen was still to wear it.

original
ParureamthysteQueenMary.jpg

revised
ParureamthysteQueenMary_revised.jpg

revised and worn by QE2
queen_revised-tiara.jpg

Queen Mary's Amethyst Tiara - version 2

ok, my royal forum peeps.
i promise this is the last one.
this tiara revamping is addictive!
the possibilities are endless...
again, photos are care of Getty. Thank you.

ParureamthysteQueenMary_anothervers.jpg

qe2_otherversion.jpg

Queen Mary's Amethyst Tiara - Version 3

sophie, and yet another version.
the last last last one... i promise
wink.gif

again pics from getty.

ParureamthysteQueenMary_yetanother.jpg

sophie.jpg

Ancona Tiara - Many versions

oh my gosh...
this is too addictive.
i think i'll stop for a while
redface.gif

Thank you getty.

original
AnconaTiaraDuchessofSavoy-Genoa.jpg

AnconaTiaraDuchessofSavoy-Genoa_6.jpg

AnconaTiaraDuchessofSavoy-Genoa_5.jpg

AnconaTiaraDuchessofSavoy-Genoa_4.jpg

AnconaTiaraDuchessofSavoy-Genoa_3.jpg

AnconaTiaraDuchessofSavoy-Genoa_2.jpg

Ancona Tiara - Revised

Duchess of Calabria, wearer of original arcona tiara (above), with a revamped one.

DuchessofCalabria.jpg

Dear Mashed,

some of your ideas do not work all that well, but number two or especially number four work very well indeed. Could you figure out a way to stick in some sapphires or rubies, BTW??? I originally thought rubies would be lovely, now I tend to a lovely blue thrown in would work nicely. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Thomas Parkman said:
Dear Mashed,
some of your ideas do not work all that well... Cheers. Thomas Parkman
Thomas, be nice! It's photoshopping, not advanced jewellery design. :)
mashed potatoes has put a lot of time and effort in creating these images for our members' enjoyment, and then mastered the art of hosting via Photobucket.
Credit where it's due.

Warren said:
Thomas, be nice! It's photoshopping, not advanced jewellery design. :)
mashed potatoes has put a lot of time and effort in creating these images for our members' enjoyment, and then mastered the art of hosting via Photobucket.
Credit where it's due.

I completely agree with this comment, thank-you mashed potatoes for some of the dseigns they are stunning, I especially like the amethyst one on sophie.

Futhermore, even if it where advanced jewellery design, mashed potatoes is much further ahead in the class than whoever designs Queen Elizabeth's Aquamarine Tiara :D

My first real photoshopping attempt.

Mashed Potatoes, you inspired me, no idea how you make yours look so professional though. Its dodgy, but fun doing it

The Ancona Tiara
Shortened both horizontally and vertically (much easier for me to manage that way) ;) , Pearls removed, Diamond base, Sapphire centres
general4whiteandblueedit3.jpg

(Image courtesy of Getty and Warren)

And yes I'm very aware its dodgy, but :p I'm just not that artistic. Apologies for the double post too

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind support Warren and Justi.
You have given me the strength and the courage to continue on
photoshopping tiaras :)

By the way Warren, your tiara is FAN-TA-BU-LOUS!!!

Ancona tiara:
Pearls replaced with amethysts:

AnconaTiaraDuchessofSavoy-Genoa_4_a.jpg

(original image courtesy of Getty and Warren)

Dear Mashed,

Now you have hit it. The amethyst thingee is just the thing indeed. Lovely. Could you send it to me COD????. Besides you must not be overly sensitive-yes, these artist types I know. But haven't you ever heard of constructive criticism??? As they used to say of Winston Churchill, he had 100 ideas a day of which 4 of them were good ones. 4 good ideas a day is a lot. Or as I like to say, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me!!!" Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Dear TP,

There's "constructive criticism", and then there is "rude and inconsiderate".
If there's two other people (like Warren and Justi) that think you need to be nice, then just be nice and leave it at that.

For example in the previous post, you could have stopped at "...could you send it to me COD". Neither chains nor whips excite me, thank you.

Anyways, anybody else have another tiara to work on?

If you two would be kind enough to stop bickering, it would be greatly appreciated. I think you've both made your point, so it's time to drop it.

Mashed, The amethyst ancona is GORGEOUS! Thank You!!!!!!! Keep it coming:)

Here's another to manipulate, on the condition that everyone plays nice.

Courtesy Geoffrey Munn "Tiaras A History of Splendour"

Gloucester Palmette Tiara

GloucesterPalmetteTiara.jpg

If you compare with the original, i've taken out some bars of diamonds on the top:
GloucesterPalmetteTiara_1.jpg

Last edited:
Dear People,

This is the honeycomb tiara I think. It is an unfortunate case where thay should have left well enough alone. It orginally belonged to the Empress Marie of Russia who made the massive but inadvertant mistake of giving birth to Nicholas II. In the original version the central figure was originally a large sapphire. After her death Queen Mary with her gimlet eye for such things proceeded to buy it and the sapphire was removed. the jeweled segment that you see was put in its place. It was then given to her daughter in law Alice, the Duchess of Glouchester. At some point the central jeweled segment was replaced with a kunzite and lately has that has been replace with an emerald, I believe. It is however a lovely thing. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Dear Members,

upon meditating further upon the honeycomb tiara, which is of course a masterpiece in any case, why not really beat Queen Mary at her own game. could one of you technically competent computer people be so kind as to haul the Hope Diamond out of cyberspace and put that in place of the central jeweled pattern, which is detachable in any case. Queen Mary put the Cullinanan V there, I believe, That massive and gorgeous jewel is now part of a fantastic broach. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Here's another version of that tiara using the Hope Diamond and superimposed on the Queen:
7070b443.jpg
66c8f930.jpg

(original image of QE2 courtesy of Getty/Tim Graham)

Last edited:
Mashed, I love your work with Queen Mary's Amethyst Tiara!! They are wonderful, and ever so beautiful! Thanks for your hard work! :D If Elizabeth still had the tiara in her possession, it would look wonderful on her, it would really stand out against her white hair!

I have to admit I can't draw much inspiration from the above tiara, but was reading the CP Vicotrias Jewellry thread and thought her first tiara could use a bit of a 'overhaul' if you will.
The unretouched photo, Originally posted in CP Victoria's Jewellry thread #1 by Josefine
Project2org.jpg

The photoshopped version, cropped and editted by myself ;), sorry as its a bit bodgy but I just don't have the dedication to produce near perfect pictures. Diamond base, diamond prong bits, diamond centre, and alternative blue sapphire and yellow sapphire tips
Project2.png

Last edited:
Amethyst Tiara Inspiration

Photoshopping of the already photoshopped tiara, taken a bit of inspiration from the Amethyst Tiara:)
Project2edit2b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom