The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Moderator Emeritus

It's time for a new Tiara for Mette-Marit!
I think Queen Sonja should give her this stunning tiara:

source: MM=FotomarktplatzD, Tiara: Corbis

Old 08-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Moderator Emeritus

And the other way round:
The Queen with MM's Tiara

Sources: KnudsensFotosenter,Polfoto

Old 08-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Serene Highness

Wery funny Her Majesty! Here are two of Mette Marit, I created:
top: Württemberg, Queen Pauline's diadem; bottom: Princess Anne's aquamarine tiara.
Pic of MM from profimedia pic of tiara from Tiaras: A histoy of splendour

Old 08-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Courtier

Those are beautiful mims!!! I love it! She looks so gooooood in them, I hope we see her with another tiara soon!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Courtier

The aquamarine tiara suits her coloring to perfection. I have always thought it a rather ugly contraption but on her it really is quite lovely. Maybe the Norweigan parliment should vote the funds to get her an aquamarine parure. That could not be all that expensive. Cheers.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Serene Highness

I tried with MM some more photoshops, and I think Gold and darker coloured jewels would suit to her more than diamonds.

picture of MM from profimedia, pic of tiaras from liljones page and from Tiara's: A history of splendour.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:12 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
Wery funny Her Majesty! Here are two of Mette Marit, I created:
top: Württemberg, Queen Pauline's diadem.
I prefer this one! Very good work, mims!
I think Mette Marit should try out a bigger tiara!
Maybe Sonja will give herself a kick and give MM a new tiara.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Courtier

Well, Mims, dear heart you have gone and done it!!!!! I was delighted and amazed that you should take the comb from the parure of the Princess Catherine (what on earth is her last name, I can never remember it) now owned by the Duke of Westminster and turn it into a tiara. I have always thought that it would make a marvelous design. One should take both the tiara and the comb and use them as the basis for two sapphire(ie blue sapphire) jewels. I would love to see a picture of the current Duchess wearing the actual tiara. Even though I do not care for spinels, which I have always thought an insipid and watered down version of rubies. Could we persuade the Noble Warren to rummage around in his barn of goodies, perhpas??? Cheers. Thomas Parkman
Old 08-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana Photoshop

Diana with the Queen's Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara; it is very similar to the diana's tiara that was a queen wedding's gift.

photo from corbis

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 08-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Corazon! The Queen's tiara looks great on Diana, it actually looks like she's wearing it. Great job!

Mims you did a wonderful job with Mette-Marit too, I love the last ones you did, I normally like big tiaras but the tiara that looks like Mathilde of Belguim's tiara does look good on her I don't remember what it's called though. Good job everybody! I'd love to see more
Old 08-16-2006, 02:41 AM
Serene Highness

Yeah! Great work Corazon!!!
I made some more photoshops of Mette-Marit
sources: profimedia (picture of MM), corbis (ruby bagration tiara, earrings and necklace), Tiara's: a history of splendour

Old 08-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

you're welcome, mims111 and HRHamy, I love the queen's tiara.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 08-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Mary and Queen Sonja's Tiara

Mary:fotomarktplatz,tiara:PPE

Old 08-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness

Good one Her Majesty!
some of Mathilde
sources: Mathilde from profimedia, tiaras from: liljones page, Tiara's a history of splendour, gettyimges

Old 08-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Courtier

That's great mims, I like the first tiara with the pink stones on MM and I like the last crown type on MM too! She will make a beautiful Queen someday
Old 08-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Serene Highness

Great job everyone! I have been enjoying this thread so much! I have tried to contribute, but my attempts are scary looking . Guess I'll just have to enjoy the magnificant fruits of your labors. Thanks again!
Old 08-18-2006, 12:58 AM
Serene Highness

Mims, I'm really loving the Westminster Kokoshnik tiara on Mathilde! Thanks for your efforts!
This really is a splendid thread!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Well good people, somebody should dredge up a picture of Diana wearing the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara, which she had the use of during her life. There is a famous picture of her and Charles at the White House in which she is wearing it. Quite a lovely thing too. It has been returned to the Queen and will probably next appear adorning the no doubt adored and worshipped head of the bride of Prince William. It is a marvelous contraption as is the Princess Vladimir with either the pearls or the Cambridge emeralds. I personally prefer the emeralds but then who am I to quibble. Diana would have looked wonderful wearing the Princess Vladimir but that was most definately reserved for the Queen, who looks fabulous in the thing. She has worn it so much that it almost seems to have grown up out of her head and is a natural part of her body. I remember when the Queen went to China and the little Chinese children wanted to know why wasn't she wearing her tiara.

I certainly find the picture of Mathilde wearing the Portland diamond tiara stiking. I would love to see an up to date picture of somebody wearing that. It is one of my favorite pieces. Cheers.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
Well good people, somebody should dredge up a picture of Diana wearing the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara
It has no relevance to this thread, which is Photoshopping Royal Tiaras, but here is something dredged.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Gentry

I think MM looks great with a tiara with some height.

Tags
jewellery, photoshop, tiaras