Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 1 (to Feb 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! Great work Corazon!!! :flowers:
I made some more photoshops of Mette-Marit
sources: profimedia (picture of MM), corbis (ruby bagration tiara, earrings and necklace), Tiara's: a history of splendour
6n.jpg
7n.jpg

8n.jpg
9n.jpg

you're welcome, mims111 and HRHamy, I love the queen's tiara.

:lol: Mary and Queen Sonja's Tiara :flowers:

Mary:fotomarktplatz,tiara:pPE

Good one Her Majesty! :D
some of Mathilde
sources: Mathilde from profimedia, tiaras from: liljones page, Tiara's a history of splendour, gettyimges
1m.jpg
2m.jpg

3m.jpg
4m.jpg

5m.jpg
6m.jpg

7m.jpg

That's great mims, I like the first tiara with the pink stones on MM and I like the last crown type on MM too! She will make a beautiful Queen someday:rolleyes:

Great job everyone! I have been enjoying this thread so much! I have tried to contribute, but my attempts are scary looking:bang: . Guess I'll just have to enjoy the magnificant fruits of your labors. Thanks again!:flowers:

Mims, I'm really loving the Westminster Kokoshnik tiara on Mathilde! Thanks for your efforts! :flowers:
This really is a splendid thread!

Well good people, somebody should dredge up a picture of Diana wearing the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara, which she had the use of during her life. There is a famous picture of her and Charles at the White House in which she is wearing it. Quite a lovely thing too. It has been returned to the Queen and will probably next appear adorning the no doubt adored and worshipped head of the bride of Prince William. It is a marvelous contraption as is the Princess Vladimir with either the pearls or the Cambridge emeralds. I personally prefer the emeralds but then who am I to quibble. Diana would have looked wonderful wearing the Princess Vladimir but that was most definately reserved for the Queen, who looks fabulous in the thing. She has worn it so much that it almost seems to have grown up out of her head and is a natural part of her body. I remember when the Queen went to China and the little Chinese children wanted to know why wasn't she wearing her tiara.

I certainly find the picture of Mathilde wearing the Portland diamond tiara stiking. I would love to see an up to date picture of somebody wearing that. It is one of my favorite pieces. Cheers.

Last edited:
Thomas Parkman said:
Well good people, somebody should dredge up a picture of Diana wearing the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara
It has no relevance to this thread, which is Photoshopping Royal Tiaras, but here is something dredged.

Great job mims! Its lovely to see MM in those larger tiara's. I can't wait to see her one day wearing Sonja's tiara's. Maybe Sonja will lend one to her soon.
Mathilde looks great in the lovers knot tiara. Aren't there many versions of the lovers knot? Maybe the Belgian Royal Family can get their hands on one.

Thank you Christina :)
I made some photoshops of Princess Maxima:
(sources: Maxima from PPE, tiaras from: Tiara's: A history of splendour, gettyimages, PPE)
06062062.jpg
06062066.jpg

06062067.jpg
06062068.jpg

060620622.jpg
060620623.jpg

060620624.jpg
060620625.jpg

The second one is that princess Mary's ruby tiara? I think it would look great on Maxima. One of my favourite tiaras on one of my favourite princesses! :flowers:

Yeah thats it! :) you really know it. That photoshop could be better, but I havent got good pic od that tiara.

Some photoshops of CP Mary I just made:
(Mary from polfoto, pic of tiaras from Gettyimages, Liljones page, Tiara's: A history of splendour)
ch112002_guest2.jpg
ch112002_guest3.jpg

ch112002_guest4.jpg
ch112002_guest5.jpg

ch112002_guest6.jpg
ch112002_guest7.jpg

ch112002_guest9.jpg

Princess Beatrice with her Mums' tiara

beatricepa160706mr7.jpg

Wymanda great pic! I hope we get to see her in it for real one of these days it would look amazing.:)

great pic! may be the queen let to beatrice used a royal tiara since her birthday

Well, good people, it is most interesting to see these tiaras on different people and the different effects that they produce. To my surprise I see that Maxima actually comes off best in pure diamonds rather than things with colour. Again the ruby parure which I think is one of the finest concoctions in creation does not create the same effect as it does on the person of the sublime Princess Mary. I am most grateful for seeing the diamond jewels in a format which actually communicates at least some of the effect, dare I say magic that they have in reality, particulary the rose tiara of QM Elizabeth. Of course the Essex is magnificent. I would quibble about the sapphire tiara as I understand it is quite small and would not appear as large as it does in the photo creation above. But then since I am hooked on sapphires who am I to argue.

I do wish somebody would get ahold of the Westminister thinges and plop then on the heads of these most delectible royal ladies to see how they look. I just wish the spinel tiara had been set with blue sapphires instead. But one cannot have everything. Now y'all will kindly excuse me while I go off in a corner somewhere and psychologically speaking drool. Ah such crude vulgarity. cheers. Thomas Parkman

corazon said:
great pic! may be the queen let to beatrice used a royal tiara since her birthday

Custom dictates that a young woman should not wear a tiara until her wedding day. On that day she would wear her own family tiara and then wear her husbands family tiara or any that she has been given as wedding presents from that time on. :flowers:

very nice job mims111 at post #162 and #165,u are a pro ;) ,nice choice of tiaras for Maxima and Mary,I like most Maxima in pic #4

Mims-the photoshops of Maxima and Mary are fantastic, thank you!!!!! Would it be too much to ask you to put the Harcourt diamond tiara on Mary and Maxima if you have time? I think they both would look wonderful in it and I'd love to see it on someone, It's one of my very favorite tiaras of all time!:flowers:

Sure I'll do it for you :lol: but since my vomputer crashed down, my informations about tiaras dissapeared and some pics too. If you (or someone from forum) would post pic of this tiara, I will be able to make this photoshop :) :heart: :flowers: :ninja:

Two tiaras for mims!

mims111 said:
If someone would post pic of this tiara, I will be able to make this photoshop
Buy one, get one free. :)

both pics courtesy of Geoffrey C Munn from "Tiaras, a History of Splendour", © Antique Collectors Club 2001

The Harcourt Emerald Tiara and the Harcourt Diamond Tiara

UKaHarcourtEmeraldTiara.jpg
. . . . .
HarcourtTiara.jpg

BIG Thanks, thanks Warren! :) :flowers:
Here are the photoshops (I hope you like them :) )
Tiaras: both pics courtesy of Geoffrey C Munn from "Tiaras, a History of Splendour", © Antique Collectors Club 2001
Picture of Mary: polfoto (www.polfoto.dk)
picture of Maxima: PPE (www.ppe-agency.com)

The Harcourt Emerald Tiara
maxem.jpg

maryem.jpg

Harcourt Diamond Tiara
max.jpg

maryha.jpg

Oh Thank you Mims and Warren, they both look so good in them, I prefer them in the Harcourt diamond-it is just so beautiful!!!!!:flowers:

For all lovers of aquamarines :lol: :ROFLMAO:
Big aquamarine parure in photoshop :)
(source: royalcollection)
Before...

aquamarine1.jpg

... and after:

aquamarine2.jpg

aquamarine.jpg

aquamarine3.jpg

aquamarine4.jpg

aquamarine5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear members of the photoshopping persuasion:

In another thread I was once again presented with the website for the Duke of Westminster, which contains the fabulous Bagration tiara among other delights and wonders. It also contains at least one horror: to wit, a montrous pearl contraption. I was looking at it and thinking what a waste of perfectly fantastic big pearls. They must be worth a fortune. It then occurred to me that what they needed to do was to invert the top row of peals which are drop shaped gems instead of round ones. I do not know the technical name of them.

As I am a compter mongoloid and chocolate addict and am incapable of anything technical or indeed non-technical, if one of you good and capable people would be so kind as to look into this and see what changes could be made and then post them so that we may all either go into spasms of delight or groan at the horror of it I would be grateful. It seems to me that while the results may be just as hideous as the original they could probably only be an improvement and would certainly allow you to indulge in your most delightful hobby. Besides we could then ring up the D of W and tell him that it is the consensus of informed opinion that his pearl tiara stinks and this is what he needs to do to change it. Cheers.

Dear Thomas,

A half hearted attempt at inverting the top pearl sections of the Westminster nightmare confirmed that it is indeed unfortunate looking in either direction. In fact, inverted looks worse, if that is possible. Open a large box of imported confections and lament on what could have been with those marvelous jewels. So sorry to disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom