The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

If you two would be kind enough to stop bickering, it would be greatly appreciated. I think you've both made your point, so it's time to drop it.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Aristocracy

Mashed, The amethyst ancona is GORGEOUS! Thank You!!!!!!! Keep it coming:)

Old 05-18-2006, 03:25 AM
Administrator

Here's another to manipulate, on the condition that everyone plays nice.

Courtesy Geoffrey Munn "Tiaras A History of Splendour"

Gloucester Palmette Tiara

Old 05-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Commoner

If you compare with the original, i've taken out some bars of diamonds on the top:
Old 05-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Courtier

Dear People,

This is the honeycomb tiara I think. It is an unfortunate case where thay should have left well enough alone. It orginally belonged to the Empress Marie of Russia who made the massive but inadvertant mistake of giving birth to Nicholas II. In the original version the central figure was originally a large sapphire. After her death Queen Mary with her gimlet eye for such things proceeded to buy it and the sapphire was removed. the jeweled segment that you see was put in its place. It was then given to her daughter in law Alice, the Duchess of Glouchester. At some point the central jeweled segment was replaced with a kunzite and lately has that has been replace with an emerald, I believe. It is however a lovely thing. Cheers. Thomas Parkman
Old 05-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Courtier

Dear Members,

upon meditating further upon the honeycomb tiara, which is of course a masterpiece in any case, why not really beat Queen Mary at her own game. could one of you technically competent computer people be so kind as to haul the Hope Diamond out of cyberspace and put that in place of the central jeweled pattern, which is detachable in any case. Queen Mary put the Cullinanan V there, I believe, That massive and gorgeous jewel is now part of a fantastic broach. Cheers. Thomas Parkman
Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Commoner

Here's another version of that tiara using the Hope Diamond and superimposed on the Queen:

(original image of QE2 courtesy of Getty/Tim Graham)
Old 05-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Mashed, I love your work with Queen Mary's Amethyst Tiara!! They are wonderful, and ever so beautiful! Thanks for your hard work! If Elizabeth still had the tiara in her possession, it would look wonderful on her, it would really stand out against her white hair!
Old 05-20-2006, 05:38 AM
Gentry

I have to admit I can't draw much inspiration from the above tiara, but was reading the CP Vicotrias Jewellry thread and thought her first tiara could use a bit of a 'overhaul' if you will.
The unretouched photo, Originally posted in CP Victoria's Jewellry thread #1 by Josefine

The photoshopped version, cropped and editted by myself , sorry as its a bit bodgy but I just don't have the dedication to produce near perfect pictures. Diamond base, diamond prong bits, diamond centre, and alternative blue sapphire and yellow sapphire tips
Old 05-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Gentry

Amethyst Tiara Inspiration

Photoshopping of the already photoshopped tiara, taken a bit of inspiration from the Amethyst Tiara:)
Old 05-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashed potatoes
I realize that this tiara is part of the parure that is now out of QE2's hands. The necklace is being sold on sj phillips but here, i just had some fun altering the tiara for modern day, if the queen was still to wear it.
Mashed, can you tell me where to get the full picture for this amethyst parure? Thanks!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Administrator

The original pic of the amethyst parure had to be removed because it had been directly attached to the Forums. All images in the Royal Jewels Forums (and in all non Current Events threads) must be hosted via one of the free image-hosting sites such as Photobucket, Imageshack etc. Hotlinking to images on other websites is a no-no under any circumstances.

thanks,
Warren
Royal Jewels moderator
Old 05-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

Try this one!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e20emerald.jpg

Original picture from "Tiaras, A history of splendour". This image sourced from "The Glittering Abyss"
Old 05-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

My attempt

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...gloumeneV2.jpg
Old 05-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Wow. I gotta say, some of you guys are totally amazing in Photoshop! I'm in design school and I work in Photoshop and Illustrator all the time, and I know how tricky it can be to get it "right" and looking real. And for you with the swedish tiara, and anyone else reading this thread, just keep playing with Photoshop- you will get better every time. Also, you should check out Adobe's website for more tips. However, your attempt was pretty good. Keep it up! And the rest of you- keep posting more tiaras! I'm going to get off my little behind going and finish the one I've been working on.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Serene Highness

Another Attempt

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...gloumenev3.jpg
Old 05-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Royal Highness

You are all very talented! Is interesting to see the adaptations on their heads, although I think the Hope Diamond should stay away from Queen Elizabeth's head since it's associated with bad luck. Wasn't it owned in another incarnation by Marie Antoniette?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Yes, as a matter of fact it was. During the French Revolution the thing was stolen and reappeared years later in a reduced size in order to disguise the fact of what it actually was. It had originally been bought by Louis XIV I believe. Somebody did a wonderful study in which the examined the stone as it is today and demonstrated just how it had been whacked down to size from the origninal. As for bad luck, the BRF has the Koh I Nor (sp???) and we need not go into their bad luck. That would start world war IV around here.

As for the second posting by Wymanda, I was wondering if perhaps you should remove the smaller sapphires. The idea is a wonderful one, but I could not help but wondering if it might not be too much of a good thing. But where on earth did you find that tiara. it is gorgeous. I would like to have one for myself. Then the little men in white coats would show up and carry me off to the home sure enough. Cheers. Thomas
Old 05-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

Good thinking TP!
I'm afraid I got a little carried away with the blue idea!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
Yes, as a matter of fact it was. During the French Revolution the thing was stolen and reappeared years later in a reduced size in order to disguise the fact of what it actually was. It had originally been bought by Louis XIV I believe. Somebody did a wonderful study in which the examined the stone as it is today and demonstrated just how it had been whacked down to size from the origninal. As for bad luck, the BRF has the Koh I Nor (sp???) and we need not go into their bad luck. That would start world war IV around here.
As far as I know, the Koh i Noor is supposed to be unlucky only when worn by men, which is why it's in the Queen Consort's crown rather than in the Imperial State Crown (which was made for George VI).

Tags
jewellery, photoshop, tiaras