The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
I also think that the Danish Nassau tiara is far too small for Mary's head, it just does not look right to me!
But the scale in the picture is not accurate, Empress

In real life, the tiara would fit Mary's head the way it should.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Here is something for the spirit of oppulence: Camilla wearing all of Queen Mary's finery.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

What a brilliant job LadyK!

I quickly looked through this thread some time back but never really took the time to view it properly. What fun it must be.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse
Here's a pic from an article in This London: Camilla stuns Rod with her rock collection | News | This is London .

Well. I don't know what was more ostentatious; the necklace or her bosoms!

I think that necklace, while very pretty, was going a tad overboard. You'd think she was going to a coronation or something, the way she was bejeweled. Less is more, Camilla.....LESS IS MORE.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-02-2007, 03:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

The discussion about the necklace is going on at the Duchess of Cornwall jewellery thread - this one is for photoshopping. How do you like the photos of her wearing a photoshopped tiara made from that necklace? At least, with tiaras, the bosoms aren't a major feature.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
The discussion about the necklace is going on at the Duchess of Cornwall jewellery thread - this one is for photoshopping. How do you like the photos of her wearing a photoshopped tiara made from that necklace? At least, with tiaras, the bosoms aren't a major feature.

I thought it looked weird, considering the length of the necklace. As a tiara, it would be too high in the air.....it would look fake, really. More like costume jewelry, even if it wasn't.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-02-2007, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
Here is something for the spirit of oppulence: Camilla wearing all of Queen Mary's finery.
Great work LadyK!
Doesn't Camilla look pleased with herself glittering in a few of Queen Mary's baubles? Imagine if she had access to the rest!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Great work LadyK!
Doesn't Camilla look pleased with herself glittering in a few of Queen Mary's baubles? Imagine if she had access to the rest!
Warren/LadyK,
I may just have to swoon!
How truly wonderful that picture would be in reality. I look forward to the day we can truly see 'Milla in all her Queenly splendour!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:52 AM

Oh one day, one day! Camilla looks every inch the Queen Consort in that pic. The Garter definately suits her.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you all!

Old 02-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

And there's the little matter of George V and George VI's family orders, but maybe some clever person can change one of them to the Queen's family order. Pity we don't know what colour Charles's will be.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:57 PM

I have a feeling it'll be green.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Courtier

Dear Members,

At the risk of arousing contentious passions,-oh why not!!!- I must strongly dissent with the idea that somehow less is more with regard to jewelry or anything else for that matter. That Idea is just so much nonsense. The real aim should be balance and taste not hypocritical declarations of poverty or modesty, bogus or otherwise, we are just another of the well to do unwashed masses here, etc. etc.

I would agree that the ruby thingie is rather overdone. Should be toned down abit, for sake of balance and taste. Lady K the divine's latest concoction just proves my point. Camilla, she of the interesting Past, certainly was not less bedecked in that gorgeous reveille (?), tiara etc of Queen Mary. But there was balance. And hence it works superbly. Besides as every woman of any sense knows, one suggests, one does not put one's cleavage and bosoms on a platter for the dining room table as it were. There are entirely too many starlet wannabes out there on magazine covers and elsewhere with their nitwit smiles and that too obvious displays of their wares surpassed only by the emptiness of their not so pretty little heads. Cheers.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

I was looking for inspiration in the worst royal jewels thread, and came across Crown Princess Victoria's first tiara, you know, the one where they forgot to insert the jewels into the mounts? It really wasn't fit for a princess, so I made it to be.

What Crown Princess Victoria's First Tiara did look like

What Crown Princess Victoria's First Tiara Should Have Looked Like

Old 02-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

^thank you! Her first tiara is really sad looking isnt it?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
I was looking for inspiration in the worst royal jewels thread, and came across Crown Princess Victoria's first tiara, you know, the one where they forgot to insert the jewels into the mounts? It really wasn't fit for a princess, so I made it to be.

What Crown Princess Victoria's First Tiara did look like

What Crown Princess Victoria's First Tiara Should Have Looked Like

That first tiara is kinda wimpy looking. Future Queen and all.....she should have gotten something a tad nicer to start off with, but that's just me.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Oh my Goodness, Lady K, you are living up to your reputation. Of course in your much improved version the tiara now is in balance with the necklace. The tiara now has diamonds or whatever in it that you can see. Less is not more. More is more and it works.

Could you, oh divine one, take the other version of the Empress Eugenie tiara that you presented and give us that version with the two pearls in place instead of the two diamonds, if you understand what I mean. I would love to compare both versions. I am still drooling over the one you came up with before. It is like dark, 70% cocoa, chocolate. Cheers. Your fond, if foolish admirer.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Some Tiaras for Princess Madeleine:

Amethyst Tiara
Purple

Empress Josephine's Cameo Tiara
Tiara

Braganca Diamond Tiara
Tiara

Madeleine Pictures: Polfoto)

Old 02-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Do the family orders change with each monarch? And why, what is the significance, etc. I do not know much about the family order, but I would like too. What is the meaning behind them, who gets them, and what happens to the old ones if each monarch creates a new one?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness

THe family orders do change every time there is a new monarch, but I'm not sure what the significance is. I think it's just a personal gift from the monarch to the wearer (usually family members). I think the person can continue to wear the old orders for as long as they live. I think QEII still wears her father's and grandfather's orders.

Tags
jewellery, photoshop, tiaras