The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Courtier

Great job Her Majesty!
I like how her wedding tiara will look...but I don't know about the Ruby Parure...
O.k. it might look fine because if you think about it, Queen Ingrid's hair was short and she still wore the ruby parure and it didn't look like it was too big for her head...but then maybe that was because her hair, even though it was short, was sort of puffed up. Maybe Mary will curl her hair when wearing it so that her hair looks fuller? We'll have to wait and see.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Dear Members,

I do not care particularly for the wedding tiara. The Danish Parliment should vote the funds or have a national subscription and go out and buy the woman a decent parure. As for the ruby parure, I thought the thing was red, but comes across in these photos as sort of blue-green(????) and again ????.
You will kindly pardon my perplexity. She has been photographed with it looking much, much better than here. It is actually one of my favorite suites, but her hair or hair style seems to interfere. Wonder how she would look in emeralds. I think they would work wonders. Cheers.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:20 AM

Queen Mary's amethyst tiara what a lovely jewel.
Doe's any one know when and at what auction house the tiara was sold?
Or better still ,a copy of the sale's catalogue to buy ?.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Aristocracy

Everyone does such great work on this thread. Thanks so much!

Would anyone be able to convert the Duchess of Cornwall's new ruby/diamond necklace into a tiara? I don't have Photoshop but would be grateful if someone was willing to do this.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse
Everyone does such great work on this thread. Thanks so much!

Would anyone be able to convert the Duchess of Cornwall's new ruby/diamond necklace into a tiara? I don't have Photoshop but would be grateful if someone was willing to do this.

Thanks!
Can you post a picture of it for me?

Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
Can you post a picture of it for me?
Here's a pic from an article in This London: Camilla stuns Rod with her rock collection | News | This is London .
Old 01-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Whoa- that's quite a necklace

Old 01-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, here it is: I'm not sure what I think..

Camilla's Ruby Necklace, as a Tiara

This week, I've done something I never thought I'd have to do- put those awful poppies on Mary, and photoshop Camilla's cleavage. Neither of which I ever plan to do again. And both were equally gross....

Old 01-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

She looks as though she's got a peacock in her hair. That necklace is a bit much as a tiara - mind you, it's a bit much as a necklace if it comes to that.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Administrator

It's more like something that Princess Gloria of Thurn und Taxis would have worn 20-odd years ago.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:09 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
Wonder how she would look in emeralds. I think they would work wonders
It's not very good but Mary with the tiara from the Danish Emerald Parure (rex features)

And a look to the future: Mary with the Danish Orange Nassau Tiara (abaca press)

BTW, very nice work HerMajesty with Mary's new hair! I prefer the wedding tiara with her new style, the ruby parure looks to large
Old 01-29-2007, 05:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
Ok, here it is: I'm not sure what I think..

Camilla's Ruby Necklace, as a Tiara

This week, I've done something I never thought I'd have to do- put those awful poppies on Mary, and photoshop Camilla's cleavage. Neither of which I ever plan to do again. And both were equally gross....
lol. Thanks so much LadyK. It is a bit too much as a tiara.... it might not be bad as a tiara with the first couple of rows removed (i..e, the peak part). Of course, if someone gave me that necklace, I'm sure I could make do .
Old 01-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Courtier

Dear Members,

The necklace is in the grand overdone style that I just love. Flashy and almost vulgar. But those rocks are gorgeous. As a; tiara it is a totlal flop. You would have to cut off the lower two rows for the thing to even begin to work. Also it needs to be further toward her forehead and not so far back. But the rubies are out of this world. But really on the rich side. But if you've got it why not flaunt it. But to my mind a tiara is still the supreme contraption. Why not take all those rubies, raid the royal vaults and concoct a more restrained paruure iin a similar but more subdued style. She does look grand in rubies indeed. Cheers.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:20 AM
Serene Highness

It might work if they did as the Dutch Royals seem to and have more than one setting the stones will go into. I'm thinking of the diamonds etc that made up Mabels' wedding tiara which, I seem to recall, have three or four different mounts??
Old 01-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Courtier

By the way, Warren, and members of the noble list: I was thinking about the Camilla Arab ruby contraption and suddenly realized that it is a fairly old style of jewelry. Warren could you raid the vaults, and find a picture of Queen Mary wearing the Princess Vladimir tiara with pearls and about a gazillion diamonds around her neck, bosom -everywhere but her most royal bottom it seems-and she had on a massive diamond necklace of diamonds that almost looked-for want of a better work-like a kind of diamond scarf (??) about her neck. I have also seen a picture of Alice of the Duchess of Glouchester wearing either the same or a similar piece of jewelry. Is there a particular name for that sytle of necklace?? I know the present Duchess of Glouchester has this kind of diamond bauble that she hands from her strands of diamonds that has a special name that I cannot remember, but it is really striking and rather bizarre, but then with diamonds the more the merrier say I.

Essentially the noble Camilla of the interesting Past has the same style of necklace with a lot of drop dear gorgeous rubies thrown in for good measure. Now you good members will pardon me while I drool. I could go about the streets of Columbia, SC in that and a really brazen diamond tiara and people would be so stunned nobody would move. Cheers.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I just hope Crown Princess Mary makes a trip to Saudi Arabia in the future...lol.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
... it seems-and she had on a massive diamond necklace of diamonds that almost looked-for want of a better work-like a kind of diamond scarf (??) about her neck. Is there a particular name for that sytle of necklace??

° ° °
Old 01-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Oh my God,

Now I am totally besotted. Talk about truly magnificent excess.
Queen Mary at her most sublime. A hard act to follow and an impossible act to beat. Prostrations and Praise Warren!!! You have delivered the goods, again.

As for Princess Mary in Saudi Arabia and some of those other countries, I do not think that is a good idea. All those Arabs would be so overwhelmed and so totally besotted and just wiped out that they would no longer be able to function. They would be overcome with indescribeable delight, joy and longing. It would be painful. They would give her all the gems in Araby and demand to be annexed to Denmark. Which would then become not only the richest but the most powerful state in Europe. Of course if the Arab world (or the USA for that matter) were as well run as Denmark, the world would be a better place. Cheers.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
As for Princess Mary in Saudi Arabia and some of those other countries, I do not think that is a good idea. All those Arabs would be so overwhelmed and so totally besotted and just wiped out that they would no longer be able to function. They would be overcome with indescribeable delight, joy and longing. It would be painful. They would give her all the gems in Araby and demand to be annexed to Denmark. Which would then become not only the richest but the most powerful state in Europe. Of course if the Arab world (or the USA for that matter) were as well run as Denmark, the world would be a better place. Cheers.
How I delight in the wonderfully copious eccentricities of someone who bares, what would be fair enough to claim, a complete love affair for our earths prized creations. You are most agreeable Thomas, indeed that you are Sir.

And it is with the greatest of certainties that Mary of Denmark would surely be flattered to no end forseeable by the annotations you have here confessed.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Ok, so here's my two cents on the new ruby necklace of Camilla's. As a necklace, it just dips way too much into the cleavage, which I think she was showing a bit much of in the first place. And then to draw attention to it just made it worse. Perhaps if it were one level shorter it would be better. I agree with Elspeth, a a tiara it looks like a peacock landed on her head!

I also think that the Danish Nassau tiara is far too small for Mary's head, it just does not look right to me!

Tags
jewellery, photoshop, tiaras