Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 1 (to Feb 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LadyK said:
Ok, here it is: I'm not sure what I think..

Camilla's Ruby Necklace, as a Tiara

This week, I've done something I never thought I'd have to do- put those awful poppies on Mary, and photoshop Camilla's cleavage. Neither of which I ever plan to do again. And both were equally gross....

lol. Thanks so much LadyK. It is a bit too much as a tiara.... it might not be bad as a tiara with the first couple of rows removed (i..e, the peak part). Of course, if someone gave me that necklace, I'm sure I could make do :lol: .

Dear Members,

The necklace is in the grand overdone style that I just love. Flashy and almost vulgar. But those rocks are gorgeous. As a; tiara it is a totlal flop. You would have to cut off the lower two rows for the thing to even begin to work. Also it needs to be further toward her forehead and not so far back. But the rubies are out of this world. But really on the rich side. But if you've got it why not flaunt it. But to my mind a tiara is still the supreme contraption. Why not take all those rubies, raid the royal vaults and concoct a more restrained paruure iin a similar but more subdued style. She does look grand in rubies indeed. Cheers.

It might work if they did as the Dutch Royals seem to and have more than one setting the stones will go into. I'm thinking of the diamonds etc that made up Mabels' wedding tiara which, I seem to recall, have three or four different mounts??

By the way, Warren, and members of the noble list: I was thinking about the Camilla Arab ruby contraption and suddenly realized that it is a fairly old style of jewelry. Warren could you raid the vaults, and find a picture of Queen Mary wearing the Princess Vladimir tiara with pearls and about a gazillion diamonds around her neck, bosom -everywhere but her most royal bottom it seems-and she had on a massive diamond necklace of diamonds that almost looked-for want of a better work-like a kind of diamond scarf (??) about her neck. I have also seen a picture of Alice of the Duchess of Glouchester wearing either the same or a similar piece of jewelry. Is there a particular name for that sytle of necklace?? I know the present Duchess of Glouchester has this kind of diamond bauble that she hands from her strands of diamonds that has a special name that I cannot remember, but it is really striking and rather bizarre, but then with diamonds the more the merrier say I.

Essentially the noble Camilla of the interesting Past has the same style of necklace with a lot of drop dear gorgeous rubies thrown in for good measure. Now you good members will pardon me while I drool. I could go about the streets of Columbia, SC in that and a really brazen diamond tiara and people would be so stunned nobody would move. Cheers.

I just hope Crown Princess Mary makes a trip to Saudi Arabia in the future...lol.

Oh my God,

Now I am totally besotted. Talk about truly magnificent excess.
Queen Mary at her most sublime. A hard act to follow and an impossible act to beat. Prostrations and Praise Warren!!! You have delivered the goods, again.

As for Princess Mary in Saudi Arabia and some of those other countries, I do not think that is a good idea. All those Arabs would be so overwhelmed and so totally besotted and just wiped out that they would no longer be able to function. They would be overcome with indescribeable delight, joy and longing. It would be painful. They would give her all the gems in Araby and demand to be annexed to Denmark. Which would then become not only the richest but the most powerful state in Europe. Of course if the Arab world (or the USA for that matter) were as well run as Denmark, the world would be a better place. Cheers.

Thomas Parkman said:
As for Princess Mary in Saudi Arabia and some of those other countries, I do not think that is a good idea. All those Arabs would be so overwhelmed and so totally besotted and just wiped out that they would no longer be able to function. They would be overcome with indescribeable delight, joy and longing. It would be painful. They would give her all the gems in Araby and demand to be annexed to Denmark. Which would then become not only the richest but the most powerful state in Europe. Of course if the Arab world (or the USA for that matter) were as well run as Denmark, the world would be a better place. Cheers.

How I delight in the wonderfully copious eccentricities of someone who bares, what would be fair enough to claim, a complete love affair for our earths prized creations. You are most agreeable Thomas, indeed that you are Sir.

And it is with the greatest of certainties that Mary of Denmark would surely be flattered to no end forseeable by the annotations you have here confessed.

Ok, so here's my two cents on the new ruby necklace of Camilla's. As a necklace, it just dips way too much into the cleavage, which I think she was showing a bit much of in the first place. And then to draw attention to it just made it worse. Perhaps if it were one level shorter it would be better. I agree with Elspeth, a a tiara it looks like a peacock landed on her head!

I also think that the Danish Nassau tiara is far too small for Mary's head, it just does not look right to me!

Empress said:
I also think that the Danish Nassau tiara is far too small for Mary's head, it just does not look right to me!

But the scale in the picture is not accurate, Empress ;)

In real life, the tiara would fit Mary's head the way it should.

What a brilliant job LadyK!

I quickly looked through this thread some time back but never really took the time to view it properly. What fun it must be.

laduchesse said:

Well. I don't know what was more ostentatious; the necklace or her bosoms! :lol:

I think that necklace, while very pretty, was going a tad overboard. You'd think she was going to a coronation or something, the way she was bejeweled. Less is more, Camilla.....LESS IS MORE.

The discussion about the necklace is going on at the Duchess of Cornwall jewellery thread - this one is for photoshopping. How do you like the photos of her wearing a photoshopped tiara made from that necklace? At least, with tiaras, the bosoms aren't a major feature.;)

Elspeth said:
The discussion about the necklace is going on at the Duchess of Cornwall jewellery thread - this one is for photoshopping. How do you like the photos of her wearing a photoshopped tiara made from that necklace? At least, with tiaras, the bosoms aren't a major feature.;)

I thought it looked weird, considering the length of the necklace. As a tiara, it would be too high in the air.....it would look fake, really. More like costume jewelry, even if it wasn't.

Warren said:
Great work LadyK! :flowers:
Doesn't Camilla look pleased with herself glittering in a few of Queen Mary's baubles? Imagine if she had access to the rest! :D

Warren/LadyK,
I may just have to swoon!
How truly wonderful that picture would be in reality. I look forward to the day we can truly see 'Milla in all her Queenly splendour! :flowers: ;)

Oh one day, one day! Camilla looks every inch the Queen Consort in that pic. The Garter definately suits her.

Thank you all!

And there's the little matter of George V and George VI's family orders, but maybe some clever person can change one of them to the Queen's family order. Pity we don't know what colour Charles's will be.

I have a feeling it'll be green.

Dear Members,

At the risk of arousing contentious passions,-oh why not!!!- I must strongly dissent with the idea that somehow less is more with regard to jewelry or anything else for that matter. That Idea is just so much nonsense. The real aim should be balance and taste not hypocritical declarations of poverty or modesty, bogus or otherwise, we are just another of the well to do unwashed masses here, etc. etc.

I would agree that the ruby thingie is rather overdone. Should be toned down abit, for sake of balance and taste. Lady K the divine's latest concoction just proves my point. Camilla, she of the interesting Past, certainly was not less bedecked in that gorgeous reveille (?), tiara etc of Queen Mary. But there was balance. And hence it works superbly. Besides as every woman of any sense knows, one suggests, one does not put one's cleavage and bosoms on a platter for the dining room table as it were. There are entirely too many starlet wannabes out there on magazine covers and elsewhere with their nitwit smiles and that too obvious displays of their wares surpassed only by the emptiness of their not so pretty little heads. Cheers.

^thank you! Her first tiara is really sad looking isnt it?

LadyK said:
I was looking for inspiration in the worst royal jewels thread, and came across Crown Princess Victoria's first tiara, you know, the one where they forgot to insert the jewels into the mounts? ;) It really wasn't fit for a princess, so I made it to be.

What Crown Princess Victoria's First Tiara did look like

What Crown Princess Victoria's First Tiara Should Have Looked Like

That first tiara is kinda wimpy looking. Future Queen and all.....she should have gotten something a tad nicer to start off with, but that's just me.

Oh my Goodness, Lady K, you are living up to your reputation. Of course in your much improved version the tiara now is in balance with the necklace. The tiara now has diamonds or whatever in it that you can see. Less is not more. More is more and it works.

Could you, oh divine one, take the other version of the Empress Eugenie tiara that you presented and give us that version with the two pearls in place instead of the two diamonds, if you understand what I mean. I would love to compare both versions. I am still drooling over the one you came up with before. It is like dark, 70% cocoa, chocolate. Cheers. Your fond, if foolish admirer.

Some Tiaras for Princess Madeleine:

Amethyst Tiara
Purple

Empress Josephine's Cameo Tiara
Tiara

Braganca Diamond Tiara
Tiara

Madeleine Pictures: Polfoto)

Last edited:
Do the family orders change with each monarch? And why, what is the significance, etc. I do not know much about the family order, but I would like too. What is the meaning behind them, who gets them, and what happens to the old ones if each monarch creates a new one?

THe family orders do change every time there is a new monarch, but I'm not sure what the significance is. I think it's just a personal gift from the monarch to the wearer (usually family members). I think the person can continue to wear the old orders for as long as they live. I think QEII still wears her father's and grandfather's orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom