Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 1 (to Feb 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
christinacg said:
I dont think I've ever seen that tiara before. I didn't know the Spencer's had another tiara. Too bad Diana never wore it.
The honeysuckle tiara can be seen on tour with "Diana, A Celebration", but I'm not sure if they display it at Althorp or not:

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/953/tiaradk2.jpg

The Spencers also have a tiara that belonged to Marie Antionette, but I've never been able to find a picture or description of it. There was also the one that Diana's mother wore at her wedding to Viscount Althorp, but I don't know if that was a Spencer or Fermoy piece:

http://www.thedianacircle.com/gallery/ladydiana/images/ladydiana (23)_jpg.jpg

sassie said:
The Spencers also have a tiara that belonged to Marie Antionette, but I've never been able to find a picture or description of it. There was also the one that Diana's mother wore at her wedding to Viscount Althorp, but I don't know if that was a Spencer or Fermoy piece:

I would love to see the tiara once belonging to Marie Antoinette. Too bad there aren't any photos around.

Her_Majesty said:
A new possible Tiara for Princess Märtha-Louise from the Norwegian Collection

I love it!!! Looks better on Martha-Louise than on Mette-Marit- better colorings. Good one Her_Majesty!:flowers:

Thanks alot.:flowers:

Here are some other possible Tiaras for Märtha:

3 Tiaras Märtha

1) Queen Maud's pearl Tiara (corbis)
2) Queen Josephine's Diamond Tiara (Scanpix)
3) Empress Jopsephine's Emerald Tiara (Scanpix)

Last edited:
RubyPrincess168 said:
Uh....that last one is emeralds, not rubies.
Yeahhh, of course you are right! I changed it.Thanks. ;)
In fact there is no real Ruby Tiara in the Norwegian Collection..

Last edited:
Thomas Parkman said:
The picture of the Empress Eugennie diamond and pearl tiara is superb. It is truly lovely.... I have never been able to make up my mind about it. Seeing that picture of it has put it in a more positive light but it has always seemed to me to be too "pearly" (?) or somehow overdone, I have never been able to put my finger on it...While certainly impressive and very beautiful, I think it might have been better with a more even balance between the diamonds and the pearls, with more large diamonds and not so many pearls, or the pearls not quite as obvious (??). What do you think?/ Perhaps a bit of photoshopping here? Cheers.

Thomas, here are some versions of the tiara:

For starters, here is the original version of the tiara, in a post by Warren

Edit #1: removed pearls from the crescents of pearls

Edit #2: removed more pearls

Edit #3: removed the top pearls

Nice work Lady K!
I personally liked pictures #1 and #2.

Dear Lady K,

Excellent!!! I cannot make up my mind between edit 1 and edit 2. I think edit 3 has removed too many of the pearls. The top circle of pearls is the one that created the most dramatic impact. The only problem is that we have all those empty holes in edits one and two. Would it be possible to replace the removed pearls with diamonds from somewhere???

My original reaction was to prefer edit 1, which is really quite lovely but as I looked at them I began to prefer edit number 2. Both reduce the amount of pearls, which answers my original criticism of the piece, ie too many pearls. But then I thought if you had just the right diamonds, right cut, size, etc. put in place of the pearls that had been removed they could emphasize the pearls left very well in either of the two editions. The question, which I cannot answer without such a viewing of both options is which would work better. I suspect that both would work very well indeed and one if not both would certainly be superb and a great improvement over the original. Thank you very much for your efforts. Cheers.

Last edited:
Thomas Parkman said:
Dear LadyK,

Excellent!!! The only problem is that we have all those empty holes in edits one and two. Would it be possible to replace the removed pearls with diamonds from somewhere???

Why Thomas, it is quite possible! After "stealing" some diamonds from the British Delhi Durbar tiara, I have come up with an option that I believe is a definate improvement. I replaced the base row of pearls with diamonds, and added diamonds in place of the "mickey mouse" ears. Then I decided that the holes left from removing the 'swag' pearls looked too empty, so I used the leaf-shapes from this tiara to make kind of a cluster to help those holes. I hope you like it!

New Version of the Empress Eugenie Tiara

And I found another suggestion from Thomas, in a much earlier post:

Dear People,
Let us not go and spoil a great thing and have the incredible Princess Mary go and ruin everything by plopping any of those poppy horrors on her gorgeous little head. She does not need to look like the original Earth Mother in Star Trek or whatever. Why should she? ...

Well, Thomas, I couldn't resist the suggestion. Although while I was doing it, there was a definate sense of eww... And of horror....

Crown Princess Mary wearing Queen Margrethe's Golden Poppies

May this be the only image of Mary wearing them

sassie said:

i think is a fermey piece because none of the spencer's girls (sarah, jane and diana) ad the 2 wifes of charles used this tiara in their weddinds

Dear Lady K,

I would offer you flowers, chocolate and jewels but since I cannot send them over the internet will you be gracious enough to accept prostrations and praise. That goodie you have concocted is just simply superb. I am starting to drool uncontrolably. Lovely indeed. You have contributed much to my happiness.

As for the Princess Mary Horror Show. What is this ,Saturday Night Live?? You might as well have put the good woman in a thong as that thingie. She looks like the bride of Dracula lacking only the fangs to complete the effect. But then I would gladly play the role of Dracula as I am totally besotted, like her husband, lucky man, with the marvelous Princess Mary. Some Men have all the luck. Cheer.s

Thomas, thank you very much for the praise!

You made me laugh out loud (literally)- and since I'm in my studio (class starts as soon as my Professors show up) I just got a few odd looks.

Lady K, dear heart,

All you have to do is go through the worst jewels thread and pick out my nutcase postings with illustrations, collect them all together and show them to all and sundry and they will UNDERSTAND completely. They will also have the little men in white suits with needles drawn and the padded cell on wheels in reserve on standby just waiting for me. I will be running down the street and hiding in the trees, under bushes, in car trunks for dear life. Ah, here we go again. But really if you have not purused the worst jewels thread you haven't lived. In that one I have tried the patience of the noble Warren and co. sorely. Cheers.

The Princess Mary horror just gets worse the more I look at it. It is like eating catfish stew. If you have been able to gag down a mouthful just to be polite, it doesn't go away. It just gets worse and worse. And the Empress Eugenie thing just gets better and better. So there you are. Nothing lukewarm here now is there??? cheeers.

LadyK said:
After "stealing" some diamonds from the British Delhi Durbar tiara, I have come up with an option that I believe is a definate improvement. I replaced the base row of pearls with diamonds, and added diamonds in place of the "mickey mouse" ears. Then I decided that the holes left from removing the 'swag' pearls looked too empty, so I used the leaf-shapes from this tiara to make kind of a cluster to help those holes. I hope you like it!

New Version of the Empress Eugenie Tiara

Splendid!!!! :flowers:

Great job Her Majesty!
I like how her wedding tiara will look...but I don't know about the Ruby Parure...
O.k. it might look fine because if you think about it, Queen Ingrid's hair was short and she still wore the ruby parure and it didn't look like it was too big for her head...but then maybe that was because her hair, even though it was short, was sort of puffed up. Maybe Mary will curl her hair when wearing it so that her hair looks fuller? We'll have to wait and see.

Dear Members,

I do not care particularly for the wedding tiara. The Danish Parliment should vote the funds or have a national subscription and go out and buy the woman a decent parure. As for the ruby parure, I thought the thing was red, but comes across in these photos as sort of blue-green(????) and again ????.
You will kindly pardon my perplexity. She has been photographed with it looking much, much better than here. It is actually one of my favorite suites, but her hair or hair style seems to interfere. Wonder how she would look in emeralds. I think they would work wonders. Cheers.

Queen Mary's amethyst tiara what a lovely jewel.
Doe's any one know when and at what auction house the tiara was sold?
Or better still ,a copy of the sale's catalogue to buy ?.

Everyone does such great work on this thread. Thanks so much!

Would anyone be able to convert the Duchess of Cornwall's new ruby/diamond necklace into a tiara? I don't have Photoshop but would be grateful if someone was willing to do this.

Thanks!

laduchesse said:
Everyone does such great work on this thread. Thanks so much!

Would anyone be able to convert the Duchess of Cornwall's new ruby/diamond necklace into a tiara? I don't have Photoshop but would be grateful if someone was willing to do this.

Thanks!

Can you post a picture of it for me?

Whoa- that's quite a necklace :shock:

Ok, here it is: I'm not sure what I think..

Camilla's Ruby Necklace, as a Tiara

This week, I've done something I never thought I'd have to do- put those awful poppies on Mary, and photoshop Camilla's cleavage. Neither of which I ever plan to do again. And both were equally gross....

She looks as though she's got a peacock in her hair. That necklace is a bit much as a tiara - mind you, it's a bit much as a necklace if it comes to that.

It's more like something that Princess Gloria of Thurn und Taxis would have worn 20-odd years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom