The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 05:12 AM
Serene Highness

CP Victoria of Sweden with Braganza tiara:
(picture of Victoria from polfoto, picture of tiara from Liljones)

Old 09-17-2006, 05:42 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
CP Victoria of Sweden with Braganza tiara:
(picture of Victoria from polfoto, picture of tiara from Liljones)
She should try it out! Looks good on her!
Anyway I have to say that I prefer small tiaras on her!

Old 09-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Now that's a tiara! I love it on Victoria, I can't wait until she gets something bigger Great job guys!
Old 09-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

Great job, mims! Thanks for the sneak peek! Don't worry, we will see Victoria in that tiara in the future.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Courtier

My dear Kimebear,

Thank you for your kind efforts. You never disappoint!!! In any case my original opinion is now confirmed: to wit "It seems to me that while the results may be just as hideous as the original they could probably only be an improvement and would certainly allow you to indulge in your most delightful hobby. Besides we could then ring up the D of W and tell him that it is the consensus of informed opinion that his pearl tiara stinks and this is what he needs to do to change it. Cheers."

Does anybody have the address or telephone number of the D of W-somebody should him a letter or some message stating that that contraption is a waste of good pearls. The pearls are lovely, the tiara stinks. Now who would ever think that a tiara could stink. Well dig up the worst tiaras thread and you will see an abundance and overabundance of marvelous gems wasted. We can now toss this maligned monstrosity to the dump heap. Perhaps some day they can sell it off to help pay for the death duties. Cheers.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Victoria looks wonderful in the larger tiaras, I think she could really pull them off! I can't wait to see her really wearing the Braganca. Big thank you to you Mims for that photoshop
Old 09-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
My dear Kimebear,

Does anybody have the address or telephone number of the D of W-somebody should him a letter or some message stating that that contraption is a waste of good pearls. The pearls are lovely, the tiara stinks. Now who would ever think that a tiara could stink. Well dig up the worst tiaras thread and you will see an abundance and overabundance of marvelous gems wasted. We can now toss this maligned monstrosity to the dump heap. Perhaps some day they can sell it off to help pay for the death duties. Cheers.
TP,
Perhaps you could try

The Grosvenor Estate
Eaton Hall
Eccleston
CHESTER
CH4-9ET
Old 09-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Glad you like it!
Here is princess Victoria with nine prong tiara

pics from polfoto and gettyimages
Old 09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Victoria is going to look wonderful in those tiara's some day. Talk about looking regal!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Does anybody have the address or telephone number of the D of W-somebody should him a letter or some message stating that that contraption is a waste of good pearls.
Ha ha ha ha, good one Thomas, this is too funny, yes we'll probably see it sold for death duties one day.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:27 AM
Serene Highness

This is not so good, but I just tried to make "royal family"
sources: Isifa, Tiaras: A History of splendour, Magnolia web, Hello Magazine
Old 09-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Courtier

The question my dear HRH Amy is if they sold that miscarriage of a pearl tiara for death duties who on earth would buy it? Maybe they would have a bargin basement sale and we could get the jewels on the cheap??? I think somebody had to be either drunk on drugs or both to have put that monstrosity together. To my mind it is the perfect tiara for the Wicked Stepmother in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Cheers.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:10 AM

why princess Alexandra only have one tiara?

why Princess Alexandra just have one tiara?
and Why some of the royals have three or four?
Old 10-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Courtier

Well, my dear, it's just that some girls have all the luck. Now it could be good luck or it could be bad luck, it all depends, as they say. Let us say you had a choice of only one measly little tiara, worth no more than a couple of million quid with a few headlights and side rocks to go with it. And that tiara was say the Desiree Clary parure or maybe the Fife or the Portland or even the Queen Marie pearl thinge or say you could choose to be the lucky creature with four tiaras: to wit the Wurtemburg Ruby Good Witch of the East eyesore, the Queen Sonia burn the monasteries viking head dress, the Queen Margarethe II poppy space queen head splatter and then for the finale, let us think, ah yes the Princess Gloria (I think) double decker sapphire dinner plate large economy size tiara. Life has a way of presenting us with these unpleasant choices you know. Which would you pick.

Personally Greed would win out. I would haul all four of the unsightly horrors over to Southby's or some such or get out my little jewel hammer and pliers and start to work. There might even be some idiot who would buy the blasted things. The Gloria double decker thinge would certainly make a wonderful prop on Saturday Night live or some such. I would wear it on Halloween myself, but in Columbia SC they have arrested people on felony charges for far less.

Or you could really have all the luck and have the Essex tiara, the Princess Vladimir tiara with both pearls and emeralds, the sapphire parure of Queen Sylvia and let us see, the emerald tiara of the Empress Josephine or the ruby parure of the Empress Marie Louise. Of course for anybody with that kind of luck life with hubby dearest would probably turn out to be another one of those soap operas which members of the Royal Forums find as entertaining as the lucky princess would find disagreeable. Besides tiaras give you headaches. Cheers.

Cheers.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

Crown princess Mathilde from Belgium
(pic of Mathilde from PPE and of Jewels from profimedia)
Old 10-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Courtier

Mims111,

Great job! I like this...Mathilde looks very pretty with this parure. Is this parure property of Denmark? Or who does it belong to?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you Rachel!
also here is link, which says about it's destiny:
Royal Sapphire Jewelry
Unfortunately it's in museum. What a pity!
Old 10-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The question my dear HRH Amy is if they sold that miscarriage of a pearl tiara for death duties who on earth would buy it? Maybe they would have a bargin basement sale and we could get the jewels on the cheap??? I think somebody had to be either drunk on drugs or both to have put that monstrosity together. To my mind it is the perfect tiara for the Wicked Stepmother in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Cheers.
Maybe Sophie, Countess of Wessex? From her taste it looks like she's into pearl catastrophes. After all she did accept the pearl earrings and cross necklace from Edward. Yuck. Or maybe someone will buy it and break it apart and start over. Wouldn't it be nice if they sold those cheap! Then we could have our own little piece of the action.

On a lighter note though, Mims111 you are great! I loved the Duke of York's family photo, I think those are the perfect tiaras for each lady.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

Beatrice could wear a tiara now if she wanted, she dosn't have to be married. Princesses Margaret, Alexandra and Anne all did before their weddings.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Serene Highness

wow, Mathilde would look phenominal in those jewels. Actually, I'm sure anyone would; its a pity we don't get to see anyone wear them anymore.

Tags
jewellery, photoshop, tiaras