Most expensive tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

USCtrojan

Royal Highness
City
Phoenix
Country
United States
It is said that a tiara which is still roumered to be with the Savoys is worth as hopping 2 million!

Queen Victorias tiara is valued at a whopping 2.5 million.

The tiara of Eugenie was recently bought at auction for 7.8 million... That officially makes it the most expensive tiara! Wow!

Attachments

• image-4245953407.jpg
    image-4245953407.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 3,360
  • image-3776463687.jpg
    image-3776463687.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,302
  • image-2884023844.jpg
    image-2884023844.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,519
Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
The Savoy Fabergé diamond tiara was sold by Princess Marie-Gabrielle of Savoy in 2007 for €2 million (US$2.6m, UK£1.7m, Aus$2.5m).

Jewellery still in the possession of royal figures can only be valued for carat worth (if the carat amount and quality is known).
The premium a bidder is willing to pay for royal provenance will be discovered at auction.

Last edited:
Personally I don't like the Savoy Fabergé diamond tiara,but I guess someone else out there really did!

The Savoy tiara is just a glittering mass of diamonds; I think I'm in love with the excess of stones. And so must be the buyer!

The tiaras I like a lot also the Savoy one. Probably it is difficult to make it look good on s/o head, as the form is a bit stiff.

I love the kokishnik tiara. It reminds me of the days of Imperial Russia that I like to read about.

Last edited:
From the current royal families the most valuable diadem must be the one from the so-called "New Crown Parure" in the House of Orange-Nassau (the Netherlands). (picture).

The sheer size of the diamonds, their carat power and their purest clarity are the summum of what one can wish for. The diadem also contains diamonds unbroken in possession of same royal family. For an example the biggest diamond topping this diadem was purchased in 1690 (!) by Willem III of Nassau, Prince of Orange for his spouse Mary II Stuart. Not only is it a large diamond, it is also a pale blue color with a greenish sea tint - a combination which makes this an incredibly rare and valuable stone.

Other big diadems like the Empire Diadem (picture) in the Nassau-collection (Luxembourg) and the Brazilean Diadem (picture) in the Bernadotte collection are BIG too but miss the eyepopping diamond powerguns and are also not that long in the collection. The value of the blue diamond topping the Dutch one can exceed the whole value of the Brazilean Diadem.

The size of the Luxembourgean and Swedish diadems are mind-boggling. A closer look learns that these diadems have a lot of filigrain scrollwork set with small diamonds en-pavé, filling the monture. The biggest single diamonds in both diadems are smaller than the main stones in the monture of the Dutch diadem. The bigger diamonds in the Luxembourgian Empire Diadem have a yellowish colour. Back then it was a cheaper than diamonds of pure clarity. So in carat-power and in the sheer size of stones it logs a bit behind. The effect however remains eye-popping and that is exactly why these diadems were made for, of course,

Last edited:
Most expensive? The Spanish floral diadem? Princess Sibylla's art déco diadem? The Khedive of Egypt diadem? Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik? That girl or boy named Diamanca has no any clue.

I agree with you...but there is no phrase of "most expensive",just top 10 tiaras,which could be personal choice of top 10 tiaras of the poster Diamanca.

From the current royal families the most valuable diadem must be the one from the so-called "New Crown Parure" in the House of Orange-Nassau (the Netherlands). (picture).

The sheer size of the diamonds, their carat power and their purest clarity are the summum of what one can wish for. The diadem also contains diamonds unbroken in possession of same royal family. For an example the biggest diamond topping this diadem was purchased in 1690 (!) by Willem III of Nassau, Prince of Orange for his spouse Mary II Stuart. Not only is it a large diamond, it is also a pale blue color with a greenish sea tint - a combination which makes this an incredibly rare and valuable stone.

Other big diadems like the Empire Diadem (picture) in the Nassau-collection (Luxembourg) and the Brazilean Diadem (picture) in the Bernadotte collection are BIG too but miss the eyepopping diamond powerguns and are also not that long in the collection. The value of the blue diamond topping the Dutch one can exceed the whole value of the Brazilean Diadem.

The size of the Luxembourgean and Swedish diadems are mind-boggling. A closer look learns that these diadems have a lot of filigrain scrollwork set with small diamonds en-pavé, filling the monture. The biggest single diamonds in both diadems are smaller than the main stones in the monture of the Dutch diadem. The bigger diamonds in the Luxembourgian Empire Diadem have a yellowish colour. Back then it was a cheaper than diamonds of pure clarity. So in carat-power and in the sheer size of stones it logs a bit behind. The effect however remains eye-popping and that is exactly why these diadems were made for, of course,

Unfortunately for this Dutch tiara it is ugly as sin. Just a big old mess plonked on top of that Queen's head (I think she's called Juliana? Not sure). It doesn't appear impressive in pictures at all, it just looks like another tiara gone wrong.

Big stones never, ever look good in tiaras. Thank goodness the Queen has never been tempted to put any of the Cullinans in a tiara as her grandmother did.

It doesn't shock me at all however that you choose a Dutch tiara as the most valuable.

Unfortunately for this Dutch tiara it is ugly as sin. Just a big old mess plonked on top of that Queen's head (I think she's called Juliana? Not sure). It doesn't appear impressive in pictures at all, it just looks like another tiara gone wrong.

Big stones never, ever look good in tiaras. Thank goodness the Queen has never been tempted to put any of the Cullinans in a tiara as her grandmother did.

It doesn't shock me at all however that you choose a Dutch tiara as the most valuable.

I'm sure Duc is right though, all that Indonesian oil and rubber gave the Orange-Nassaus a lot of pocket money to spend on sparkle

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm sure Duc is right though, all that Indonesian oil and rubber gave the Orange-Nassaus a lot of pocket money to spend on sparkle

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

By far most of the diamonds in the Orange-Nassau collection predate Indonesian oil or rubber (which only started to become profitable after 1900).

I choose nothing. I only make a guess what is the most expensive diadem and I think the estimation may be pretty close to reality indeed. What is your guess for the most expensive diadem?

I dislike all three the whoppers (the Brazilean Diadem, the Luxembourg Empire Diadem, the Stuart Diadem) but these were not really created with an aesthetical point of view. Their purpose was to show the prestige and the wealth of the House of the wearer. No more, no less.

The most beautiful diadem in my personal opinion is King George IV State Diadem. The diamonds in that diadem weigh in total 320 carats. The diamonds are fairly new (19th C). It is not known how many carats the diamonds in the Stuart Diadem are. Only from the biggest diamond from 1690 we know it is 39,75 carat. The carat power of the other 900 diamonds in this diadem is not known.

The diadem in action at 1:50 min https://youtu.be/wAdATdPBUQg and a good view on the size of the diamonds at 34:00 in Bryllup - Margrethe og Henrik - dr.dk/Bonanza

Last edited:
By far most of the diamonds in the Orange-Nassau collection predate Indonesian oil or rubber (which only started to become profitable after 1900).

Before oil and rubber, they were already making money with Indonesian spices in the Dutch Golden Age.

I don’t think is a tiara that is the most expensive until it goes auction but I dare say the most expensive sold at auction was the Henckel von Donnersmarck emerald tiara was sold $12 million. I don’t believe it’s the most expensive but highest price for a tiara at auction

:previous: Which auction house sold the Henckel von Donnersmarck emerald tiara?

The Grand Duchess Alexandra of Mecklenburg-Schwerin Tiara sold for 819,000 pounds at Christie's Geneva in May 2019.

The Grand Duchess Alexandra of Mecklenburg-Schwerin Tiara sold for 819,000 pounds at Christie's Geneva in May 2019.
Which tiara is that? Are there pictures? Unless you speak of the aquamarine tiara made by Bolin.

A Savoy tiara fetched $1.6m at a Sotheby's auction last year.

Back
Top Bottom