Meghan Markle's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder what her other tiara option were.

I think the display looks wonderful and even her shoes are seen. One thing that tickled me though was seeing a clip of HM and Catherine checking out the display of her wedding gown, veil and tiara. The Queen exclaimed quite loudly "oh no that looks awful" and needless to say they didn't hear the rest of the sentence.

She thought the tiara and veil suspended over the headless mannequin looked creepy. I noticed that Meghan's mannequin was definitely not headless, faceless, yes, but not headless.

(Now I keep seeing those faceless men from Dr Who!!!!)

What I will say is that it saddens me they are away when this exhibit opened. I would've liked to see it get a royal visit and get proper attention. But the coverage is just spread so thin now.

What I will say is that it saddens me they are away when this exhibit opened. I would've liked to see it get a royal visit and get proper attention. But the coverage is just spread so thin now.

Is your point that the coverage of the exhibition is not extensive?

:previous: I read @Jacqui's comment to mean royal coverage is spread so thin recently because so very much is happening with the British royals these days, especially in this busy exciting year for the family with welcoming new arrivals (babies, marriages, etc.,) along with the growth of The Royal Foundation initiatives, and the younger royals taking over more and more duties on behalf of QEII.

It's always difficult to know the accuracy of articles in the press, but the article in the link below reports that Meghan initially wanted to wear an emerald tiara in the Queen's collection but wasn't allowed to due to it's unknown provenance, possibly originally from Russia. Another tiara to add to the list of those in the Queen's collection!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7695724/royal-wedding-meghan-markle-difficult-behaviour/

Don't think the article is true. The Queen wears other pieces which originate from Russia like the Vladimir tiara frequently so i don't see this as a Problem.

Utterly uncorroborated nonsense from Jobson...

And as other's have pointed out, 'me-me-me' tantrums are wholly uncharacteristic of what we KNOW of Harry, and have seen of his Bride, who has fitted in well, and would hardly have 'rocked her [NEW] boat' over such trivialities...

Not only that....Meghan's jewellery style has been followed and can be traced back to before she even met Harry. She has never worn emeralds. Mostly yellow gold and diamonds!

We can also hear on their audio from their wedding exhibition how her tiara was chosen!

But I guess Jobson has a book to sell...And there is plenty of people who will believe what he writes!

Some book is coming out allegedly Harry and the Queen got into it over the choice of wedding tiara for Meghan
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...Markle-The-Queen-wedding-row-Prince-Harry/amp

I can't see Harry getting into a fight with the Queen over jewelry. This same rag claims Meghan wanted this tiara at first

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...an-markle-harry-news-tiara-wedding-latest/amp

The Vladimir is outside Meghan's style wheelhouse so I can't see her wanting that piece and the queen would not put out tiaras she has worn in the past. Dragging Meghan = clicks and book sales.

It's quite the farce - but the sad individuals these pieces are catered towards don't really care for factual reporting - hence the dog whistling articles.

They don't even care this work of fiction stands in direct contrast to what we actually know happened:

"When it came to the tiara on the day I was very fortunate to be able to choose this very gorgeous Art Deco-style bandeau tiara. Harry and I had gone to Buckingham Palace to meet with Her Majesty the Queen to select one of the options that were there, which was an incredibly surreal day, as you can imagine. That was the one that I think, as we tried them on, stood out. I think it was just perfect because it was so clean and simple, and I think also at that point an extension to what Clare and I had been trying to do with the dress, which was have something that could be so incredibly timeless but still feel modern."

Last edited by a moderator:
These nonsense again. It seems that it's not difficult to be a reporter as long as you are able to write some fake stories without doing any research. What me make feel sad is some people really believe such silly stories.

Can't imagine this story is true. Some insider must dislike Meghan. Wouldn't you think the Queen would have told her in advance that those she has worn were off limits?

Not only that....Meghan's jewellery style has been followed and can be traced back to before she even met Harry. She has never worn emeralds. Mostly yellow gold and diamonds!

We can also hear on their audio from their wedding exhibition how her tiara was chosen!

But I guess Jobson has a book to sell...And there is plenty of people who will believe what he writes!
Whilst I am not in any way suggesting that the story has credibility, I wanted to address your point about Meghan's jewellery style prior to the wedding. My own view is the Meghan or Kate for that matter, had much exposure to serious jewellery before their respective weddings.

Do you mean to say that Kate and Meghan DID NOT have exposure to serious jewellery before meeting their spouses? I agree with you!

It's just nonsense...I can't believe anyone would believe it.

LaRae

Meghan and Harry have talked about how the tiara choice came about as part of their wedding exhibition. The Queen gave them a few to choose from. Well Meghan, and Harry decided he’s going to tag along. And Queen Mary’s diamond bandeau is the first one she tried on and the one they liked best.

Let’s look at it another way, we know the PoW adores Meghan as we’ve seen them interact and the fact that’s PoW walked her down the aisle. The Queen also has been very kind to her. Inviting her to Christmas at Sandringham, taking her out to a day of engagements so soon after the wedding, and they way they interacted at Ascot. Do we really think they would be fond of someone that behaves like this? And of everything we’ve heard about Meghan, nothing has indicated she behaves this way. This is the only member of the family that I’ve seen saying thank you to someone opening the car door for her.

In french we say "c'est gros comme le nez au milieu du visage"
It is obvious what they trying to do.
Make Harry comes across has unhinged me me me spoiled brat
Create a wedge between the Sussex and the Queen
Make Meghan come across as someone with a huge sense of entitlement

Isn't it funny that the so called Tiara in Question is supposed to be an emerald tiara and coincidentally Princess Eugenie wore an emerald tiara at her wedding?
Next thing they'll say is that Meghan wanted to wear that tiara, got told off by the Queen, and instead allowed Princess Eugenie to wear it at her wedding. Basically stirring the pot to create wedges and then say Meghan the Yorks don't get along, so and so is jealous blah blah blah, this so transparent.

If i were the Queen, I'd have the Sussexes attend the Diplomatic Reception next month, and have the Duchess of Sussex be photographed at her arrival with an emerald tiara and fabulous green evening gown. I am petty like that

Last edited:
Do you mean to say that Kate and Meghan DID NOT have exposure to serious jewellery before meeting their spouses? I agree with you!
That's right, and therefore, their tastes were not really developed. Meghan still does not have much exposure to serious jewellery, but that will change in the coming years.

Whilst I am not in any way suggesting that the story has credibility, I wanted to address your point about Meghan's jewellery style prior to the wedding. My own view is the Meghan or Kate for that matter, had much exposure to serious jewellery before their respective weddings.

Whilst Meghan didn't have jewels like royal jewels level, she could've had emeralds if they were her thing. She's certainly not shied away from purchasing Cartier pieces for herself. I'm sure she can afford some emeralds if she wanted emeralds. :lol:

BTW, Diana had emeralds in her jewelry collection. I'm sure Harry would've gifted those to his wife first if she really LOVED emeralds that much. :lol:

The most important aspect of this story (as this is a jewellery thread) is that there is ANOTHER unseen emerald tiara in HM's collection!

I so want to visit that vault

That was my initial reaction as well, but the more you think about it, the less credible the whole thing sounds. The emerald tiara is probably the GD Vladimir with the emerald setting that Jobson was probably referring to.

Meghan and Harry have talked about how the tiara choice came about as part of their wedding exhibition. The Queen gave them a few to choose from. Well Meghan, and Harry decided he’s going to tag along. And Queen Mary’s diamond bandeau is the first one she tried on and the one they liked best.

Let’s look at it another way, we know the PoW adores Meghan as we’ve seen them interact and the fact that’s PoW walked her down the aisle. The Queen also has been very kind to her. Inviting her to Christmas at Sandringham, taking her out to a day of engagements so soon after the wedding, and they way they interacted at Ascot. Do we really think they would be fond of someone that behaves like this? And of everything we’ve heard about Meghan, nothing has indicated she behaves this way. This is the only member of the family that I’ve seen saying thank you to someone opening the car door for her.

Not that I am in any way trying to suggest that the Jobson story has any credibility, but the audio recording for the Windsor exhibition was hardly going to suggest that there was a God-Almightly strop and the bride-to-be threw her toys out of the pram. It could just be a classic piece of spin.

Regardless of spin...there is no reason to think the story is anywhere near accurate either.

LaRae

It's a weird and ridiculous story, any way you look at it. Even putting to one side everything we have observed about Meghan and Harry--Meghan at least has never shown any signs of being the tantrumy type and we would surely have heard about it if she were--It's highly unlikely that Her Majesty had not given some thought to which tiaras she was willing to make available to loan. The Queen is interested in and knowledgable about all her jewels. My best guess would be that either she or someone like Angela Kelly showed Meghan and Harry a preselected group of suitable tiaras and Meghan made her choice from those.

And for those who think this is some kind of slander personally directed at Meghan, once again, Catherine faced the same kind of baseless, made up stories, and so did and do other royal ladies. It's the tabloids trying to get their readers whipped up into a frenzy.

So the Queen tells her not to wear a veil, but then turns around and authorizes a documentary in which she speaks about the significance of the veil and then allows the said veil to be displayed at HER palace?! something is not adding up.

Regarding the tiara.....are we to believe the palace does not know the history and origin of each and every piece of jewelry? They dont know if it came from Russia??!! Did Meghan just pick a tiara off the street and want to wear it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the tiara.....are we to believe the palace does not know the history and origin of each and every piece of jewelry? They dont know if it came from Russia??!! Did Meghan just pick a tiara off the street and want to wear it?

I have to disagree with you. I think it is entirely possible that the origins of the stones on some of the older pieces may not be known. Quite a lot was acquired by Queen Mary, and a large stash came from Mrs Greville. The original provenance of some of the jewellery may well be a mystery to the palace as well.

I don't think that Meghan and Harry would be foolish enough to even contemplate the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara let alone Harry "hitting the roof" when told that the Vladmir was off limits.

My initial thought was that the tiara in question was the Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau tiara and they got the stone wrong, that tiara does have a questionable chain of ownership. When I had that thought it also popped in my mind that blue was a part of the color scheme but I went back and looked at the pictures and green seem to be the accent color. :ermm:

Regarding the credibility of the article, Harry's is not above getting litigious, so I am going to wait and see if he (or Meghan) files an IPSO complaint.

It's highly unlikely that Her Majesty had not given some thought to which tiaras she was willing to make available to loan. The Queen is interested in and knowledgable about all her jewels. My best guess would be that either she or someone like Angela Kelly showed Meghan and Harry a preselected group of suitable tiaras and Meghan made her choice from those.

That is supposedly the way it happened with Kate. Three tiaras were displayed for her to choose from, and she decided on the halo.

I would think it would work the same way with Meghan (and also perhaps Eugenie).

Back
Top Bottom