Meghan Markle's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why would they attend the diplomatic dinner, Harry hasn't attended before and the Queen's other children are not attending now. I think it has become a heirs event, because just a few years ago, royals like Princess Alexandra attended.

If I am not mistaken, Harry did attend last year. And even if he did not, I would expect him & Meghan to start attending regularly now. It is a large event, and needs to have a reasonable contingent of Windsors to cover the guests. So I suspect you will see the 7 main players (HM, C&C. W&C, H&M), plus the other chikdren of the Queen and their spouses.

If I am not mistaken, Harry did attend last year. And even if he did not, I would expect him & Meghan to start attending regularly now. It is a large event, and needs to have a reasonable contingent of Windsors to cover the guests. So I suspect you will see the 7 main players (HM, C&C. W&C, H&M), plus the other chikdren of the Queen and their spouses.
No, he didn't. Looks like only Prince Charles with the Duchess of Cornwall and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were there.

No, he didn't. Looks like only Prince Charles with the Duchess of Cornwall and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were there.

Since we rarely (almost never) see photos of the event, I don't think we actually know who attends.

Since we rarely (almost never) see photos of the event, I don't think we actually know who attends.
No, we don't see pictures from the event (besides that one from 2016? I think), but we see people arriving to BP.

Also worth mentioning that Harry was seen at the Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund carol concert last year that was happening on the same day. :whistling:

I am waiting to see, if she continues to wear it, if they change the stone out with a colored stone (depending on event) or a different diamond brooch.

LaRae

I was thinking the same thing!
That would make the tiara very versatile, especially if this is her long-term tiara.

I suspect it will be...there are so few tiara events and she will never have a need for another one really. She might pick up the use of a different one (Like Sophie) but hard to know.

LaRae

I suspect it will be...there are so few tiara events and she will never have a need for another one really. She might pick up the use of a different one (Like Sophie) but hard to know.

LaRae
Do you really think that for the next 30 years Meghan will wear the same tiara everytime she needs one? She might just get bored with this one after a while.

Do you really think that for the next 30 years Meghan will wear the same tiara everytime she needs one? She might just get bored with this one after a while.

Even if there are multiple tiaras to choose from, which is not Meghan's situation, most tiara wearers tend to have one or two that are favorites, either because they fit better, or are lighter in weight, or whatever. And if you are only wearing a tiara once a year or so, I'm not sure it matters.

If you wear it maybe twice a year and it goes with most everything what's to be bored with?

LaRae

That does not seem to bother the Duchess of Cornwall.

I am waiting to see, if she continues to wear it, if they change the stone out with a colored stone (depending on event) or a different diamond brooch.

Seeing as how the tiara was made in the 30's I guess it could be considered old fashioned...but IMO these art deco pieces generally are always 'modern'.

LaRae
If this ends up being the only tiara Megan uses, you may see the central brooch bring swapped from time to time to match other coloured jewellery (aquamarines, amethysts, emeralds. ...) she may use

If you wear it maybe twice a year and it goes with most everything what's to be bored with?

LaRae
The tiara? :lol:

That does not seem to bother the Duchess of Cornwall.
I think the Duchess of Cornwall has at least three tiaras at her disposal right now and in the future it will be even more. Her situation is vastly different than Meghan's.

I just don't expect her to wear only this tiara for her whole life. It's that simple.

The tiara? [emoji38]

I think the Duchess of Cornwall has at least three tiaras at her disposal right now and in the future it will be even more. Her situation is vastly different than Meghan's.

I just don't expect her to wear only this tiara for her whole life. It's that simple.
You may not expect her to wear one tiara for the rest of her life, but frankly that does not matter.

Camulla may have 3 tiaras, but she largely only uses 1.

You may not expect her to wear one tiara for the rest of her life, but frankly that does not matter.

Time will tell.

Yes by choice. Not because she only has the one option to wear. There is a difference. Camilla has 2 she wears commonly, though the 2nd is from her own family and not from the royals. The Cubit-shand tiara she tends to wear to smaller scale event, things like the diplomatic dinner at times. But she has four tiaras to her name. The teck crescent which she has never worn, and the Delhi Dubar which she only wore once.

Camilla is of an age where she likes comfort, and regularity. We see it in her fashion choices. And seems she does the same with the tiaras.

Do we see Anne or Sophie wearing multiple tiaras? That would give us a good indicator of whether or not Meghan will be wearing different tiaras over the years.

Sophie has worn at least 4 that I can recall - 1. the wedding monstrosity 2. the buttons tiara 3. the aquamarine one 4. the Five aquamarine tiara.

IMO Anne is not a good comparison to Meghan as she is the Monarch's daughter and so would have inherited jewels directly from the QM as well as the Queen is likely more liberal when it comes to lending to her.

Both Sarah and Diana only wore one tiara of royal provenance while they were members of the Royal Family, and they were “higher ranked” than Sophie. In the short run, I don’t expect Meghan to wear more than one tiara, but it may not be her wedding tiara.

Both Sarah and Diana only wore one tiara of royal provenance while they were members of the Royal Family, and they were “higher ranked” than Sophie. In the short run, I don’t expect Meghan to wear more than one tiara, but it may not be her wedding tiara.

Actually, and I think this emphasizes your point, Sarah wore no tiaras of royal provenance, the York Diamond Tiara was newly bought and is not from the royal vaults.

I wouldn't call Sarah "higher ranked" than Sophie - both married younger sons of the monarch. Further, Sarah was only married for 6 years before she and Andrew separated and she stopped doing public engagements on behalf of the Queen, so she's not a good comparison.

Actually, and I think this emphasizes your point, Sarah wore no tiaras of royal provenance, the York Diamond Tiara was newly bought and is not from the royal vaults.

I am fully aware of that, but, since it was a wedding gift from the Royal Family to her , I consider it of royal provenance too. Royal provenance in the sense I used doesn’t mean that the RF owned it before, but rather that the tiara didn’t come from their own families like the Spencer’ or the Shand iaras.

Last edited:
Yes, she had an aquamarine and pearl bracelet she wore with the ring.
https://princessdianabookboutique.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/the-aquamarine-ring-and-bracelet-set/

Yes, an aquamarine brooch would be a nice addition.

I thought Meghan may get Diana's emeralds since Kate seems to have the sapphires, but it seems perhaps Meghan will be an aquamarine girl.:flowers:

I'm sure she can be be a multi-stone girl. :lol: Diana had a lot of jewelry due to her wedding being a full state wedding and the fact that jewels received on state visits were considered personal jewels at that time.

I wouldn't call Sarah "higher ranked" than Sophie - both married younger sons of the monarch. Further, Sarah was only married for 6 years before she and Andrew separated and she stopped doing public engagements on behalf of the Queen, so she's not a good comparison.

Sarah married the Queen’s second son. Sophie married the third son. If Sarah had stayed married to Andrew, she would outrank Sophie when both their husbands were present.

I don't think they are good comparisons. The Wales' marriage was troubled from very early on and the York marriage was only for 6 years, and I imagine things were bad for awhile before they separated. The York tiara had no royal provenance and it was only bought for her after she borrowed it from the jeweler.

The Queen has seemed to be more generous with loaning of jewels in recent years than she did back then.

Harry attended the Spanish State Dinner last summer (not the December Diplomatic Dinner). I do, however, agree with you that we may begin to see the Duke & Duchess of Sussex at more of these events, particularly a diplomatic one since the Sussexes are going to be working with the CW countries. I'm not entirely sure who attends the Dec. Diplomatic Dinner, but I would think that networking with those diplomats (assuming they are not solely British) would be helpful for the Sussexes in their future CW roles.

I loved her wedding tiara. I think the intricacy of it went well with the simple dress. As someone else mentioned upthread, I think the art deco style fits Meghan's aesthetic (and goes well with her new wedding bracelet/earrings). I'm not sure I'd like the tiara with a colored stone for the center brooch area, but I'm happy to wait and see. I'm hoping in the future that she'll have access to at least a few other tiaras as Kate and Sophie have. I also like that the center piece detaches into a brooch - I'd love to see her wearing the brooch soon.

For me, I use Sophie as the bar that Meghan should be - at the least - equal to, in terms of tiaras or jewels. Sophie has been seen in 4 tiaras, so IMO, Meghan would/should work up to this number over the years.

Last edited:
When I look at close ups of her round Cartier earrings they very much match the tiara ..it makes me think they were created to work with the tiara too..even though she wore them prior to the wedding.

LaRae

Harry attended the Spanish State Dinner last summer (not the December Diplomatic Dinner). I do, however, agree with you that we may begin to see the Duke & Duchess of Sussex at more of these events, particularly a diplomatic one since the Sussexes are going to be working with the CW countries. I'm not entirely sure who attends the Dec. Diplomatic Dinner, but I would think that networking with those diplomats (assuming they are not solely British) would be helpful for the Sussexes in their future CW roles.

I loved her wedding tiara. I think the intricacy of it went well with the simple dress. As someone else mentioned upthread, I think the art deco style fits Meghan's aesthetic (and goes well with her new wedding bracelet/earrings). I'm not sure I'd like the tiara with a colored stone for the center brooch area, but I'm happy to wait and see. I'm hoping in the future that she'll have access to at least a few other tiaras as Kate and Sophie have. I also like that the center piece detaches into a brooch - I'd love to see her wearing the brooch soon.

I think I would like it with a pale aquamarine or an amethyst stone as central element. I don’t think it would look so good with a single ruby.

A aquamarine to match her gift from Harry...the ring and bracelet. Put a matching aquamarine brooch in the center of the tiara.

LaRae

A aquamarine to match her gift from Harry...the ring and bracelet. Put a matching aquamarine brooch in the center of the tiara.

LaRae

She would look amazing at her next tiara event in a beautiful sleek evening gown, with the aquamarine bracelet on her wrist, and the tiara with an aquamarine broach in it.

I get the feeling, maybe wrong, she may turn into similar to Letizia in style. Mainly the clean, professional, straight lines look (with the odd exception), and minimalistic jewelry. Though I hope we will see more jewelry on the right occasion, Letizia is a bit too sparing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom