The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-19-2018, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Yes, we don't know tiara's are in the vault or the condition of the older ones.

And the Halo tiara was never in play...1) its currently on tour in Australia and 2) Kate wore it.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Is it just me or was Meghan given a larger tiara to wear for her wedding than Catherine was given for hers?
kate chose her own tiara, so it is not like someone chose for her or assigned the tiara to kate (i assume the same is true for meghan).

i wouldn't say i would have necessarily chosen this tiara if i were meghan, it looks quite old fashioned, but maybe we will all grow into it. i think the big fail for me was the hair: it was all over meghan's face and the bun looked messy just after 1 hour of service which is a shame as most pictures for history would happen after the service. i hope they fix her hair for the banquet.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

What a beautiful and stunning tiara. It is bigger than Kate's but you know what? It doesn't matter at least not to me. I've never been impressed with this tiara until today.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-19-2018, 08:43 AM
Aristocracy

Meghan's bracelet is Cartier. This looks something like it - CRH6012717 - Reflection de Cartier bracelet - White gold, diamonds - Cartier
Old 05-19-2018, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Order of Splendour on Twitter refers to it as such:

The palace simply calling what was known as the filigree tiara, Queen Maryís Diamond Bandeau.

The Palace call it Queen Mary's Bandeau, but it is commonly known as Queen Mary's Filigree Tiara. This is the best shot of Queen Mary wearing it: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ptnxstm6W...2BMary%2B1.jpg
The confusion came from the name given by the Palace, which led me wrongly to assume it was the Kent tiara. So it is the Filigree after all .
Old 05-19-2018, 08:59 AM
Majesty

To me, it was the perfect tiara for her. The central diamond (removable) broach with the type of diamonds along the side that pick up colour like yellow and blue.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Meghan's is most likely now her "go to tiara" whereas Kate was always going to have access to more, and bigger, tiaras so only had to pick something to wear for the day itself.

I agree tommy100-This is a delicate but still substantial tiara that I believe will be very versatile if this is her "go to tiara."
Old 05-19-2018, 09:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

That tiara can hold up to any occasion.

LaRae
Old 05-19-2018, 10:04 AM
Courtier

It will be a very versatile tiara, I'm sure there are brooches in every color of the rainbow that can be inserted in place of the all-diamond centerpiece to compliment whatever gown she wears. Good choice and nice to see an oldie coming out of the vaults.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
A wonderful tiara indeed. I am glad that it re-appeared. Unbelievable that it has been collecting dust for decades! Makes you wonder what other treasures still around.

It is really a beautiful tiara. Even more so if she is lonaed a broosh with a coloured stone who fits into the center. Then it can also became versatile.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:09 AM
Nobility

Not to start a debate but why couldn't this have been given to Sophie?!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Is it just me or was Meghan given a larger tiara to wear for her wedding than Catherine was given for hers?

But she wore it only once for her Wedding. Then she was loaned bigger tiaras. We will see but i think this will be Meghan's only tiara for some time like it was the case with Sophie.

Royal Highness

I love how this tiara looked on Meghan, and am hoping very hard that it will become her regular tiara for those events that require one.

Whoever chose it for her, it looked beautiful on her, and went perfectly with her gown.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Not to start a debate but why couldn't this have been given to Sophie?!

Who knows. Perhaps she liked the elements of her tiara and was even included in creating the new tiara for her.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

How great to see something from the vaults. A very Queen Mary piece as the tiara was created in 1932 and has a sleek Art Deco modern look but accommodates a very Victorian center brooch. Old and new
Old 05-19-2018, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Her jewelry went well with it...I'm guessing that was in part why this tiara was chosen. She's had the earrings awhile (since the engagement).

LaRae
Old 05-19-2018, 10:25 AM
Courtier

What a lovely surprise in the tiara! Perfect for Meghan.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

amazing tiara for Duchess of Sussex
Old 05-19-2018, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

In comparing the photos of the tiara as worn by Queen Mary with itís appearance today on the Duchess of Sussex (how odd to type that for the first time!) it looks like Queen Mary had extra diamonds centered on top, looking at that spot today I think I can see where those stones might attach.
The tiara photographed in color and Ďin personí looks more beautiful than previous photos. I thought it well suited to the wedding dress.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really like this tiara. It suited Meghan, and I'm glad she actually choose one that is visible. Catherine's was too small on my opinion and was a bit hidden with hair and veil, which was my biggest disappointment in Catherine's wedding look.

Lets hope this tiara is to stay and be worn more times. The BRF have so many beautiful jewels and tiaras that are lost in the vaults and need to see the 'sunlight' again. Precious pieces are to be worn and not left to dust.

Tags
meghan markle, prince harry, prince harry of wales, tiara, wedding